What's new

Abuse of Rating System

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @WebMaster , @Horus ,

Members make some good point here, one of them being adding wordings such as "commie", "Chicom" , and "50 Cent Army" to the list of slur/insult along with the term under debate.

Another good point made here is that moderators should look whether the hate-driven negative rating saga for @Keel 's posts were given retrospectively or not, now that only now we find out the term is an insult. That the person @jhungary and his several buddies believe it is an insult or not does not matter; he was not a rule maker when I last checked.

The term becomes a slur once you (Moderators) decide so and announce it in written form on the forum. The person in question is not a Moderator, hence, I do not think what he thinks is right or wrong does matter. He can warn people only based on the rules of the forum.

But, once you establish the term as an insult, it becomes an insult, and if I use it, I deserve a negative rating, just as anybody else. Then the mods and negative-rating members can enforce it.

I do hope that you will bring this to a closure once and for all.

Best.

Sorry for disagreeing. What he has done outside this forum is regarded as crime against humanity under international law, not only that, in several instances he even bragged about his mercenary services for the US.

In this forum he has been one of the most ardent promoter of US propaganda and justifies any crimes that he and his colleagues have done to innocent people that have neither done him, his family nor his country any harm.

Bundeswehr soldiers have been taught and encouraged to disobey orders they regard as inhuman and criminal. That's what a mature person with an ethical character should act like and not obey slavishly.

That person sounds very insecure. That's probably one of the reasons for the worthless bragging in an anonymous public forum. The insecurity part we should not be involved in.

He can be whatever he claims to be. I am the Pope, so what? :)

By ascribing international crime et cetera to an anonymously bragging person is in a sense injecting an extra doze of ego booster to the self-bloated personality.

Last edited:
you are not quite understand the picture. He KNEW the word was offensive as I told him so BEFORE ANY NEGATIVE RATING was left

First of all, I did give him the benefit of the doubt. And the negative rating is not all about the word.

I saw his first post when he start referring the Vietnamese to Vietcong, I did not do anything on that post, I reckon he may not know about the word being offensive. Then someone reported that particular post and his post was deleted.

Then second post come, he repost the same offensive post and added a line asking he don't understand why the post was deleted. I said the words "Vietcong" he uses is a slur when he used it to refer to the whole population of Vietnam. Then, after being notified, he not only again repost his insult, and also start arguing about the word (an act he still does even after numerous Vietnamese Member and some Moderator already point out the word is offensive in nature) and that is when I gave him negative rating, for all the post he repost with the word in it.

I am being fair, I gave him the benefit of the doubt to begin with, then instead of trying to correct his behaviour, he start arguing with me and the management team about the word, he is still doing that and that is the reason why he received the negative rating. FOR AFTER BEING NOTIFIED THE WORD BEING OFFENSIVE AND CONTINUE USING THE WORD.

If he would stop using the word and stop arguing, he would not have any negative rating left against him
. I did offer him a deal, if he would have retract the word and edit his post, I will retract all but one negative rating, but he choose to continue using the word and argue with me, AND THE MANAGEMENT. Hence his rating sticks

For me, I gave him ample chance to avoid negative rating before I took that step, but he chooses to argue with me and the management. And by the time a negative rating was left on him, he can't say he did not know the word is offensive

Thanks. It was a general thought. Sorry, if there is a misunderstanding.

"50 Cent Army" is forbidden on PDF as stated in this thread below:
Topics banned on PDF

That is the Authority of the forum

"Vietcong" is not mentioned at all
It is regarded as an insult only because of the pro-west and old S Vietnamese mentality that has overwhelmed the "Vietnamese community" here on PDF

So for the friends of China and those interested, please read it carefully before you post

FYI,I have myself rated negative to Indian for using term ''Bengali'' instead of Bangladesh after he accepted his mistake as well.

Let me honest i Do not know the context of this, even then......

I think calling some one from Bangladesh or Bengal a "Bengali" can not be offensive........ Just like calling some one from kerala a "Malayali".... Malayali is the guy who speaks or has his mother tongue as "Malayalam".... similarly the guy who speaks Bangali is called a Bangali..... Correct me if i am wrong....

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @WebMaster , @Horus ,

Members make some good point here, one of them being adding wordings such as "commie", "Chicom" , and "50 Cent Army" to the list of slur/insult along with the term under debate.

Another good point made here is that moderators should look whether the negative ratings for @Keel 's posts were given retrospectively, now that only now we find out the term is an insult. The person @jhungary and his several buddies believe it is an insult or not does not matter; he was not a rule maker when I last checked.

The term becomes a slur you decide so and announce it in written form. The person in question is not a Moderator, hence, I do not think what he think is right or wrong does not matter. He can warn people only based on the rules of the forum.

But, once you establish the term as an insult, it becomes an insult, and if I use it, I deserve a negative rating, just as anybody else. Then the mods and negative-rating people can enforce it.

I do hope that you will bring this to a closure once and for all.

Best.

That person sounds very insecure. That's probably one of the reasons for the worthless bragging in an anonymous public forum. The insecurity part we should not be involved in.

He can be whatever he claims to be. I am the Pope, so what? :)

By ascribing international crime et cetera to an anonymously bragging person is in a sense injecting an extra doze of ego booster to the self-bloated personality.

"The person @@jhungary and his several buddies believe it is an insult or not does not matter; he was not a rule maker when I last checked."

"The term becomes a slur you decide so and announce it in written form. The person in question is not a Moderator, hence, I do not think what he think is right or wrong does not matter. He can warn people only based on the rules of the forum.

But, once you establish the term as an insult, it becomes an insult, and if I use it, I deserve a negative rating, just as anybody else. Then the mods and negative-rating people can enforce it."

Many thanks for your excellent comments @TaiShang

That is how a forum is run
That is how a country is run

A forum or a society or a country is not governed by " individual / community " preferences

It is governed by LAWS and REGULATIONS made known to ALL the people in the forum, society or the country

"The person @@jhungary and his several buddies believe it is an insult or not does not matter; he was not a rule maker when I last checked."

"The term becomes a slur you decide so and announce it in written form. The person in question is not a Moderator, hence, I do not think what he think is right or wrong does not matter. He can warn people only based on the rules of the forum.

But, once you establish the term as an insult, it becomes an insult, and if I use it, I deserve a negative rating, just as anybody else. Then the mods and negative-rating people can enforce it."

Many thanks for your excellent comments @TaiShang

That is how a forum is run
That is how a country is run

A forum or a society or a country is not governed by " individual / community " preferences

It is governed by LAWS and REGULATIONS made known to ALL the people in the forum, society or the country

Are you seriously telling the administrator and moderator on this site how to run THEIR forum??

good luck

Are you seriously telling the administrator and moderator on this site how to run THEIR forum??

good luck

I do not answer a vast majority of your comments
This one I tell you and let you know about your poor capacity to deal with a topic

This section is entitled "SUGGESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS"
You dont even get the basics right

How can you have the capacity to judge and give ratings?
Ridiculous!

Let me honest i Do not know the context of this, even then......

I think calling some one from Bangladesh or Bengal a "Bengali" can not be offensive........ Just like calling some one from kerala a "Malayali".... Malayali is the guy who speaks or has his mother tongue as "Malayalam".... similarly the guy who speaks Bangali is called a Bangali..... Correct me if i am wrong....
Dear Sir can you apply this logic on Pakistani or American what you call them based on their mother tongue ? Which is Urdu and English.
Slav bro warns me once when i use Bengali and Correct word is Bangladeshi. Always address people by their nationality, i don't know rules in India but since this is international forum we have to follow standard rules.
Regards,

I do not answer a vast majority of your comments
This one I tell you and let you know about your poor capacity to deal with a topic
This section is entitled "SUGGESTIONS AND DISCUSSIONS"
You dont even get the basics right

How can you have the capacity to judge and give ratings?
Ridiculous!

lol, it's "Suggestion" not command. You can tell what you are thinking to the administration, but you cannot enforce your view to the management. This is NOT how forum should run, this is NOT how a country should run.

If you want the forum to run in a certain way you like, open your own forum. And by the way, I can judge and give rating, because the management said so, jealous?

Sorry for disagreeing. What he has done outside this forum is regarded as crime against humanity under international law, not only that, in several instances he even bragged about his mercenary services for the US.

In this forum he has been one of the most ardent promoter of US propaganda and justifies any crimes that he and his colleagues have done to innocent people that have neither done him, his family nor his country any harm.

Bundeswehr soldiers have been taught and encouraged to disobey orders they regard as inhuman and criminal. That's what a mature person with an ethical character should act like and not obey slavishly.
See,again what jhungary does outside is not my or Pakistan defence' interest.
Okay,you tell me,what do you want me to do?rant him?
I am not American,I have no idea what goes inside US or US military.I have talked to him and I am quite amazed to see that he is capable to call spade a spade.I don't know of your interaction with him nor the circumstances.
What jhungary has did during services has nothing to do with a website which is being run by people.
If you have issues with his actions,meet him outside or consult with US law enforcement agencies.
P.S I am simply trying to focus upon main issue.

regards

good luck
Yes,we don't know for how to run the show.He has done his PHD in this regard:pop:
regards

Dear Sir can you apply this logic on Pakistani or American what you call them based on their mother tongue ? Which is Urdu and English.
Slav bro warns me once when i use Bengali and Correct word is Bangladeshi. Always address people by their nationality, i don't know rules in India but since this is international forum we have to follow standard rules.
Regards,

It is not about rules, I have been pointing a common point which we follow here or how it is viewed here..... If that is part of the rule, then I am Ok with it...... and We commonly call people from bengal as bengali here in my place.....

It is not about rules, I have been pointing a common point which we follow here or how it is viewed here..... If that is part of the rule, then I am Ok with it...... and We commonly call people from bengal as bengali here in my place.....
But Sir i asked you based on your previous post what you like to call Pakistani people who speak Urdu and American who speak English. Urduoyee and English or Englashi

But Sir i asked you based on your previous post what you like to call Pakistani people who speak Urdu and American who speak English. Urduoyee and English or Englashi

It is not about calling everyone using their mother tongue, There are few people who are called based on their language.....
State : Language : Colloquial term
Kerala : Malayalam : Malayali
Karnataka : Kannada : Kannadiga
Bengal : Bengali : Bengali
Maharashtra : Marathi : Marathi
Punjab : Punjabi : Punjabi

It is quite common here..... But you cannot do that with every state.... How will you call a guy from UP, Hariyana, madhya pradesh???? simple.....

As i said, If it is against rules, I am ok with it.... and i would respect it....

It is not about calling everyone using their mother tongue, There are few people who are called based on their language.....
State : Language : Colloquial term
Kerala : Malayalam : Malayali
Karnataka : Kannada : Kannadiga
Bengal : Bengali : Bengali
Maharashtra : Marathi : Marathi
Punjab : Punjabi : Punjabi

It is quite common here..... But you cannot do that with every state.... How will you call a guy from UP, Hariyana, madhya pradesh???? simple.....

As i said, If it is against rules, I am ok with it.... and i would respect it....
So what if the Bangladeshi people not liked to be called Bengali since Bangladesh is not an Indian State.
End of discussion
Thanks for the reply.
Regards,

So what if the Bangladeshi people not liked to be called Bengali since Bangladesh is not an Indian State.
End of discussion
Thanks for the reply.
Regards,

Again..... My point was simple Ie Calling some one bengali may not be an offensive one.... But then if it is offensive term for them then it should not be used....... Similarly People call Malayali's "Mallu" - Which is taken by certain people as a racist slur, But i do not take it that, for me both the words has same meaning and i have no issues with that...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom