What's new

Abuse of Rating System

images

Agreed
The "In-charge of the rating system" have to keep an eye on jhungary seriously
jhungary has made Gambit so benign, hahaha

lol. You are funny.

When you insulted someone and got a negative in return, the first thing pop into your mind is not How you offended someone, but rather why I gave you a rating.

If you go out in the forum on this forum and start abusing people and other nation. It was YOU that have the problem, not the people who leave you your rating.

As I said many time before, if you don't like getting negative rating, DON'T INSULT OTHERS

Case in Point

When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

The Crane, Tiger and Eagle at Play ! Exercise Malabar kicks off with US, Japanese, Indian navies

Japanese Army (JGSDF) and US Army conclude Exercise Rising Thunder 2015

and you wonder why your post was deleted "FOR NO REASON" instead of realizing calling Vietnamese "Vietcong" is insulting.

I rest my case

Last edited:
lol. You are funny.

When you insulted someone and got a negative in return, the first thing pop into your mind is not How you offended someone, but rather why I gave you a rating.

If you go out in the forum on this forum and start abusing people and other nation. It was YOU that have the problem, not the people who leave you your rating.

As I said many time before, if you don't like getting negative rating, DON'T INSULT OTHERS

Case in Point

and you wonder why your post was deleted "FOR NO REASON" instead of realizing calling Vietnamese "Vietcong" is insulting.

I rest my case

I for one don't know "Vietcong" is an insult. Thanks. How about "Chonese, Chinki, Cnese" etc? Are they in violation too?

Only @Horus and @WebMaster and a few others have the authority to reverse ratings.

Thanks for the reply.

@WebMaster @Horus, this case has caused quite a stir and it seems this is not an isolated incident. I would like to suggest upper management of PDF take a look into this case. I by no means support the abusive language in question, but punishing him with 10 negative ratings in a matter of one minute for the violation that is common among users from different countries, doesn't appear to be justified.

Case in Point: I have pointed out to a TTA in this thread, some members referred Pakistan as "The Sickman of Asia, Sickman of the world" in one liner comments, and was told by him it was NOT a violation.

I think people with rating privileges need to adhere to the same high standard, and not abuse their right for their personal agenda. Otherwise, it defeat the the very purpose of the rating system.

Regards,

There is a dedicated thread for Review ratings in the same section..... Use that thread for your grievances..... @Slav Defence does look in to such matters and if deserved to be reversed it will be reversed ........

I for one don't know "Vietcong" is an insult. Thanks. How about "Chonese, Chinki, Cnese" etc? Are they in violation too?

Couple of years ago, I had the exact same question with the word "Mestizo". What constitute an insult.

Then I have opened a PM with webmaster and he had decided if the word is in any Racial Slur Database, then it would be constitute as an insult.

The Racial Slur Database

Vietcong is a slang that coined to the people who are Vietnamese Communist. Now, if in this case, Viet Cong was used to describe the NLF Fighter, to which was Vietnamese Communist, then the word is perfectly fine, as per if an African American called a fellow African American "Nigger". This would have been fine.

But to replace the word "Vietnamese" in general with Vietcong, denoted that ALL Vietnamese are communist. Then it would have become a slur. The same as using Chi-Com for Chinese, Nazis for Germans or **** for Pakistani.

And back to your question, Chonese, Cnese would not be constitute as slur, but Chinki does.

A Slur is what you use to generalize and demean people, it's different than a simple short hand. It would not matter if a word is in a dictionary itself, "Slope" is also in oxford and Webster dictionary, that does not mean the word did not insult Asian in general

Last edited:
Couple of years ago, I had the exact same question with the word "Mestizo". What constitute an insult.

Then I have opened a PM with webmaster and he had decided if the word is in any Racial Slur Database, then it would be constitute as an insult.

The Racial Slur Database

Vietcong is a slang that coined to the people who are Vietnamese Communist. Now, if in this case, Viet Cong was used to describe the NLF Fighter, to which was Vietnamese Communist, then the word is perfectly fine, as per if an African American called a fellow African American "Nigger". This would have been fine.

But to replace the word "Vietnamese" in general with Vietcong, denoted that ALL Vietnamese are communist. Then it would have become a slur. The same as using Chi-Com for Chinese, Nazis for Germans or **** for Pakistani.

And back to your question, Chonese, Cnese would not be constitute as slur, but Chinki does.

A Slur is what you use to generalize and demean people, it's different than a simple short hand. It would not matter if a word is in a dictionary itself, "Slope" is also in oxford and Webster dictionary, that does not mean the word did not insult Asian in general

Thanks for the info. It seems there is a fine line that is hard for a new user like me to distinguish. If I ever misuse the word, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

@WebMaster @Horus, this case has caused quite a stir and it seems this is not an isolated incident. I would like to suggest upper management of PDF take a look into this case. I by no means support the abusive language in question, but punishing him with 10 negative ratings in a matter of one minute for the violation that is common among users from different countries, doesn't appear to be justified.

Case in Point: I have pointed out to a TTA in this thread, some members referred Pakistan as "The Sickman of Asia, Sickman of the world" in one liner comments, and was told by him it was NOT a violation.

I think people with rating privileges need to adhere to the same high standard, and not abuse their right for their personal agenda. Otherwise, it defeat the the very purpose of the rating system.

Regards,
Both of those remarks deserve to be rated negative. It was a communication error from both of our part.

Both of those remarks deserve to be rated negative. It was a communication error from both of our part.

Thank you for reversing your position, though I am not sure what my part of error is. I rest my case. :cheers:

A true golden oldie:

FRANK SINATRA LYRICS
"Strangers In The Night"

Strangers in the night exchanging glances
Wond'ring in the night what were the chances
We'd be sharing love before the night was through

Something in your eyes was so inviting
Something in you smile was so exciting
Something in my heart told me I must have you

Strangers in the night
Two lonely people, we were strangers in the night
Up to the moment when we said our first hello little did we know
Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away

and

Ever since that night we've been together
Lovers at first sight, in love forever
It turned out so right for strangers in the night

[instrumental-first three lines of chorus]

Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away

Ever since that night we've been together
Lovers at first sight, in love forever
It turned out so right for strangers in the night

[Dooby-doooby-doo and other scat to end]

One is old when one realizes that people take the lines of Sinatra to be forum member generated poetry without recognizing the classical words of a legend for what they are.

Sigh. Oscar was right.

I think we should just crawl into a hole, curl up and die.

One is old when one realizes that people take the lines of Sinatra to be forum member generated poetry without recognizing the classical words of a legend for what they are.

Sigh. Oscar was right.

I think we should just crawl into a hole, curl up and die.

To quote another poetic classic:

"Abhi to mein jawan hoon!"

:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom