What's new

A question for ALL INDIANS

As the saying goes, One man's rebel is another's freedom fighter. To a Pakistani, Mujib is someone to be reviled, but not to a Bangladeshi. I tried to be impartial in this.

Sheikh Mujib also came from a humble background, rose to become a leader and succeeded in carving out a Nation for his people. Of course, Lal Bahadur Shahstri does not fit this description.
My *** leadership)He also divided bengalis too and attacked on two nation theory which represented both bengalis and people of west pakistan.

His background, and his achievements against all odds.

No indian leader matches it.

one of many

There were other greats too..for sure. I just happened to rank Jinnah as number one.

Even today, the 'best', 'greatest', or say most credible leader in entire Indian subcontinent in Imran Khan.

India and Pakistan respects him equally.

Modi.......self made doesnt equate to superior

I know that. Read my above post where I answer this question..

my opinion---both of them were exceptional politicians with great ambitions.

If Nehru was such an 'exceptional' cookie, he would have saved ALL OF US from misery and would not have let india divide....OR...would not have let Kashmir conflict to start by his useless policy.

Jinnah's biggest failure was that he couldn't give constitution to Pakistan...and his failure happened b/c he just died. Nehru screwed up things big time, even though he was in complete control

I see that,s why they want an independent state of khalistan.I did not even ask you about their love or hate with Pakistan but like many bhartis you are conscious about it)Most of them love pakistan because unlike in india here they get respect from us and share the very same Punjabi culture.

I don't see any Sikh demanding an independent khalistan anymore, my friend and Sikhs are one of the most respected minorities in India( they deserve it ).

My *** leadership)He also divided bengalis too and attacked on two nation theory which represented both bengalis and people of west pakistan.

Well, that's just your opinion of him. The honor and respect he still commands amongst Bangladeshis suggests otherwise.

Hi everyone)I have an indian freind and he is a sikh by faith.We had many arguments with each other on some topics because we both are equally patriotic) But once he said that M.A jinnah was a great leader and he deserves more than nehruHe also said that it,s your bad luck that jinnah passed away too early and did not fulfil what he dreamed about pakistan.Now i am really confused why he said so?How far is that statement true? And if that,s true please give me the reasons.
Indian members on PDF please give me your neutral answers without any hesitation,prejudice or bias.
Thanks.

I think this sentiment of Pt. Nehru being not as great as Jinnah is pure rubbish... but it finds space because of couple of things that happend before independence and just after the independence.... This is what I think is the reason for most to feel...

1. Pt. Nehru was not the 1st choice of Prime ministership, it was sardar Patel. Pt. Nehru became PM because gandhiji was of the view.

2. His two biggest mistakes have had consequences for India till date.. i.e vis-a-vis Pakistan and China...
He went to UN security council and accepted cease fire even as the Indian army was just a couple hours away from liberating gilgit - baltistan. If this had happened animosity with pakistan would never have reached where it is today in both countries. A sense in pakistan took birth after this incident that if we could take 1/3 of J&K, then we can take entire state by waging war against India and India will not strike back... Allowing pakistan to retain that part of land made sure that both countries could never get over the hatred and animosity because of partition as it kept getting reinforced through subsequent wars...
When in 1950s Chinese red army was marching across Tibet, he did not interfere thinking naively that chinese will see this as good will gesture and respect mac mohan line which Chinese never acknowledged. Then in 1962, he made really poor military decision such as not using navy or airforce in some offensive postions which resulted in India loosing war and face.

Both these mistakes gave rise to so many other problems like the whole separatist movement in Punjab and J&K. Having said all of the above he did some great work too. the modern democratic institutions of India are his creation. He could have suppressed his political opposition easily such was his clout, but he gave them the space and allowed for opposition to grow. Moreover, IITs and IIMs were his brainchild. There are many such decisions that he took which were correct but were against public's view like hindu code bill.

It is unfair too judge Pt. Nehru based on one or two mistakes that he made as PM but such are the consequence that he will be judged because of those alone.

But no matter what Pt. Nehru was better man, politician and statesman than Jinnah. Jinnah was not great leader. Infact he was the one who sowed the seeds of bangladeshi secession. Jinnah is in my view the sole person responsible for all the animosity, hatred, pain , grief that Indian sub continent has gone through, is going through. I am ready for a debate logically if anyone wants to do so for how Jinnah is the one responsible.

His background, and his achievements against all odds.

No indian leader matches it.

There were other greats too..for sure. I just happened to rank Jinnah as number one.

Even today, the 'best', 'greatest', or say most credible leader in entire Indian subcontinent in Imran Khan.

India and Pakistan respects him equally.

I know that. Read my above post where I answer this question..

If Nehru was such an 'exceptional' cookie, he would have saved ALL OF US from misery and would not have let india divide....OR...would not have let Kashmir conflict to start by his useless policy.

Jinnah's biggest failure was that he couldn't give constitution to Pakistan...and his failure happened b/c he just died. Nehru screwed up things big time, even though he was in complete control
i can say exactly same for jinnah,if jinnah was that much as u r making him to be.
n i think everybody wud agree that kashmir conflict was n still is a indo-pak JV.....
u r using ur yardstick to measure jinnahs success n nehrus failure.....n well its ur opinion,so be it.

-on IK....yes(n most indians) i respect him....not for his political prowess but for his honesty,which btw is pretty hard to find in politicians.

both are good......saying that jinnah is the best politician that subcontinent produced is totally b.s.Best is a highly subjective term varying with perception.Pakistanis while quick too critisize nehru,gandhi forget that they when in an entity called india owe their freedom to gandhi,nehru,lal bahadur shastri...jinnah did zilch to achieve that.

How can we Pakistanis expects Indians to call Jinnah a better leader than Nehru and Gandhi, and same for Indians to expect us to call their leader better than ours. The question was only that one of our member's Indian friend thought Jinnah was better leader that others.
The discussion was quite informative at start when some of my fellow Pakistani ruined it and made it "my leader is better than yours".
My request to all, please let Indians give their comments and we Pakistani should analyze in our brains why he said that. You can not convince them that Jinnah was better, we both have been programed to love our leaders.

How can we Pakistanis expects Indians to call Jinnah a better leader than Nehru and Gandhi, and same for Indians to expect us to call their leader better than ours.
This is the basic tragedy that we all suffer from...What are we going to gain by calling anybody better than other?? Secondly history has been distorted in our respective lands to make these leaders look larger than life...I would ask my fellow members here to give me what did Nehru/Jinnah sacrificed for India(before partition)?? Are they anywhere close to someone like Mahatma Gandhi/Bhagat Singh/Rajguru/Chadra-Shekhar Azad and many more....Both of these leaders are directly responsible for partition of India...If such was their clout as the members are making it to be then why the hell country broke?? do you think Bhagat Singh sacrificed his life so that country break down??

10 lakhs punjabi lost their lives(official figures)...scores and scores lost their kith and kins...property and what not...Who is responsible for all of this?? Some power hungry morons!! and such is the hatred among us that we are fighting for whom is greater b/w them...rubbish!!

I think Jinna failed miserably in POLITICS he think he will get whole punjab&kashmir but he gained half of that ..... and nehru played cards very well :lol:

Hi everyone)I have an indian freind and he is a sikh by faith.We had many arguments with each other on some topics because we both are equally patriotic) But once he said that M.A jinnah was a great leader and he deserves more than nehruHe also said that it,s your bad luck that jinnah passed away too early and did not fulfil what he dreamed about pakistan.Now i am really confused why he said so?How far is that statement true? And if that,s true please give me the reasons.
Indian members on PDF please give me your neutral answers without any hesitation,prejudice or bias.
Thanks.
Neheru was the real reason of partition, which effected the lives of millions of people for his dream of becoming PM, Jinnah wanted to secure a place for muslims !!

Neheru was the real reason of partition, which effected the lives of millions of people for his dream of becoming PM, Jinnah wanted to secure a place for muslims !!

Not True! Jinnah was equal if not more culprit for partition. It's evident from the tactics he used in Kashmir - conspire takeover of J&K by one of the most brutal method available (giving free hand to army and tribes to kill, rape loot).

BS...because he perhaps killed many more Muslims than Hindus would have ever(as per his secure place drama) by bringing in this partition...moreover he left as many Muslims right here in India as he managed in Pakistan...Look guys please understand the common man on both sides died/raped/looted and what not...what does these leaders lost?? One became the PM of India and other of Pakistan...They ruled us before Independence and ruled us even after by means of Partition...I don't want to comment on Pakistan but this bloody dynasty politics was started by our great beloved Nehru ji only...and then obviously his great ideas on NAM are still troubling us viz-a-viz Pakistan and Kashmir!!

Back
Top Bottom