What's new

A little help please!

Oh please you're just saying that because you're in Karachi & you need a buddy like @jaibi jisss ko aaap khuuub Zamzamaa ghumaaa ghumaaa kar 'sight-seeing' karvanaa chahteiii haiiin ! :whistle:

Bhabi tou aaap kooo Zamzamaa janeiii nahin deiteiii ke Hubby kharaaab ho jaiii gaaaa ! :D

Hum aaap kooo apnaa Lahoriii kharaaab nahin karneiii deeein geiii ! :P
man ..cut down your vowels plz ... its getting unreadable :hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
@jaibi - Think a thousand times before taking this decision because whatever you do - You'd, most probably, have to stick with it for the remainder of your life !

The Army Life, as I've heard, is not an easy life for one's family because whereas a bachelor would love to move about the country, meeting new people, seeing new faces & of course flirting with newer women ! :D

A family man can't do any of that & its tedious for one's family to up-root themselves every other year & move to some other city & at times some of the more, shall we say but with utmost respect, obscure locations that are a mismatch for your wife & your kids.

It takes more than the average amount of patriotism & self-less service to the country to put your family through that ! And part of making it work means that they too must fall in love with the Army Life otherwise things do become tiresome & arduous for them.

I certainly wouldn't want my son walking up to me & asking me 'Abu.....this is the 3rd time in 6 years that I've had to change schools, make new friends & settle down - Can't we stay here in Lahore ? We'd visit you of course....but can't we stay at Grandmas ?'

Meraaa tou wahaan dil hiii chuuuur chuuuur ho jaiii - So its a tough choice !

But hey people do manage & some of them live wonderful & absolutely fulfilling lives as a Military Family - I know some of them !

So if you want to take the plunge - God Bless & We'd always be there for you ! :)

But I'd still ask you to pause & to think it through a thousand times - Not everyone is cut out for it....my own Uncle (who served in the Armored Corp in the '71 War) took early retirement because he couldn't continue doing it & because his family had started growing weary from it even if they were very proud of him serving the country !

Hey, Arm, thanks for the wonderful post, you're thinking like a true firend and I really appreciate that. I too have an eye on that phenomena and I asked the respective arms.

It seems the Army rotates Psychs just like an ordinary soldier a posting of 3 years in hard areas, 2 years in soft areas and not more than 6 years in ISSB/Recruitment centres.

The PAF/PN only post Psychs in recruitment centres which are 14 bases in total with 9 bieng in the same cities for both PAF and PN. If a commander requests a Psych then Psychs are posted in the combat bases and that too for a short duration. On average a PN/PAF Psych stays in the ISSB for 6-8 years (Malir, Kohat, Gujranwala) and is then posted in one of 14 bases which for PAF are: Abbotabad, Faislabad, Bahwalpur, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, Hyderabad, Faislabad, Mianwali, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Sukkar and quite possibly Risalpur. For the Navy it's nearly the same with addition of Sialkot, Nawabshah and Swat as well as Multan and no Faislabad, Mianwali and Sukkar.

So in the PAF or PN I would not be posted around that much and most likely if I reach the Wing Commander or Commander rank (Lt. Col) I would be posted in AHQ/NHQ (or Karachi for Navy). So this problem is more confined to the PA, not the PAF and PN.

The only right way to find out is................... to put this to vote here :lol:

Not a bad idea :D

One word answer would be "Navy".

My motivation right now is 60% PAF and 40% PN. There is a possiblity I will go for the PN.

Oh please you're just saying that because you're in Karachi & you need a buddy like @jaibi jisss ko aaap khuuub Zamzamaa ghumaaa ghumaaa kar 'sight-seeing' karvanaa chahteiii haiiin ! :whistle:

Bhabi tou aaap kooo Zamzamaa janeiii nahin deiteiii ke Hubby kharaaab ho jaiii gaaaa ! :D

Hum aaap kooo apnaa Lahoriii kharaaab nahin karneiii deeein geiii ! :P

Buwhahahahah!

Hey, Arm, thanks for the wonderful post, you're thinking like a true firend and I really appreciate that. I too have an eye on that phenomena and I asked the respective arms.

It seems the Army rotates Psychs just like an ordinary soldier a posting of 3 years in hard areas, 2 years in soft areas and not more than 6 years in ISSB/Recruitment centres.

The PAF/PN only post Psychs in recruitment centres which are 14 bases in total with 9 bieng in the same cities for both PAF and PN. If a commander requests a Psych then Psychs are posted in the combat bases and that too for a short duration. On average a PN/PAF Psych stays in the ISSB for 6-8 years (Malir, Kohat, Gujranwala) and is then posted in one of 14 bases which for PAF are: Abbotabad, Faislabad, Bahwalpur, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, Hyderabad, Faislabad, Mianwali, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Sukkar and quite possibly Risalpur. For the Navy it's nearly the same with addition of Sialkot, Nawabshah and Swat as well as Multan and no Faislabad, Mianwali and Sukkar.

So in the PAF or PN I would not be posted around that much and most likely if I reach the Wing Commander or Commander rank (Lt. Col) I would be posted in AHQ/NHQ (or Karachi for Navy). So this problem is more confined to the PA, not the PAF and PN.

Not a bad idea :D

My motivation right now is 60% PAF and 40% PN. There is a possiblity I will go for the PN.

noo plzzz choose PAF:argh: what wud u do by join PN ?:undecided: wud just seee dolphin playing in the sea or som fish here n there:lol:

also ur fiance like u told us is also in favur of PAF so its

PAF 99%
PN 1%

:P

n dun care what ur parents are askin u to join or u will regret laters.....

@jaibi whats your weight and height?

Navy is prestigious and has its own charm.
@jaibi do yo have relatives in the army? If yes, in which corps?

yeh u better join navy then cuz u wud be shooting couple of fish n dolphins in sea everyday instead of birds u shoot these days:lol:

noo plzzz choose PAF:argh: what wud u do by join PN ?:undecided: wud just seee dolphin playing in the sea or som fish here n there:lol:

also ur fiance like u told us is also in favur of PAF so its

PAF 99%
PN 1%

:P

n dun care what ur parents are askin u to join or u will regret laters.....

Haha, jee lil' Marsha even in the Navy I will not be asked to be on ships or Karachi the job description is the same but yes, my fiance wants it to be PAF :p so I'll try for that more than the Navy but these seats are also subjected to availiablity so it could be that the seats don't come for PAF, they will for PN this jan, PA next year I will visit the PAF to know about their dates.

@jaibi whats your weight and height?

Alpha1 my height's 5.8 and my weight was 100 kg (3 years powerlifting competitions) but I was told that the armed forces do not discriminate between muscle/fat only weight so I have to lose it and I've lost 17 kgs as of yet, my weight should be 68-73 kgs. I am targeting to be at 70 kg by Nov./Dec.

Haha, jee lil' Marsha even in the Navy I will not be asked to be on ships or Karachi the job description is the same but yes, my fiance wants it to be PAF :p so I'll try for that more than the Navy but these seats are also subjected to availiablity so it could be that the seats don't come for PAF, they will for PN this jan, PA next year I will visit the PAF to know about their dates.

dont worry ull get the desired place in PAF:agree: ..just be aware n keep in touch wid their updates.....if u had done ur bachelors from any gud UNI of Lahore then it wud favor u in getting into PAF....

My uncle is a Brig. in Sindh, Hyderabad. I don't remember his unit but he's commanding infantry and was recently promoted. My cousin's completing PMA as IC 46, he's an electrical engineer (selected as an army cadet) so as of yet he's not had a posting. I have loads of firends in there though.

dont worry ull get the desired place in PAF:agree: ..just be aware n keep in touch wid their updates.....if u had done ur bachelors from any gud UNI of Lahore then it wud favor u in getting into PAF....

I've done my bacholars from the best place to study Psych in Lahore, the oldest institution in Pakistan nearly 80% of Psychs in the different arms of the military are my alma matter that's why they came to my uni for recruitment :)

well,that is it.. :P

Back
Top Bottom