What's new

A little help please!

There's a Cantonment in Karachi that's run by the Navy, right?

There are recruitment offices close to lucky star saddar. There are also naval housing schemes in the city. Not good with locations. Most of naval bases are by the coast which is scarsly populated by civilians. I went to one in hawkes bay a while back. Not sure of what you want to question. All forces have living and leisure facilities for all the branches of the military spread across the country. I am pretty sure there could be naval housing blocks set up in Lahore and Islamabad as well.

There are recruitment offices close to lucky star saddar. There are also naval housing schemes in the city. Not good with locations. Most of naval bases are by the coast which is scarsly populated by civilians. I went to one in hawkes bay a while back. Not sure of what you want to question. All forces have living and leisure facilities for all the branches of the military spread across the country. I am pretty sure there could be naval housing blocks set up in Lahore and Islamabad as well.

From what I got from the naval recruitment guy says that housing 'might' be a problem for naval guys. So I just want to get that cleared up.

From what I got from the naval recruitment guy says that housing 'might' be a problem for naval guys. So I just want to get that cleared up.

I don't feel that the housing problem will bother you, if you have made up your mind for the navy.

I don't feel that the housing problem will bother you, if you have made up your mind for the navy.

Actually the problem is more of safety. See my senior got inducted in the military (army) as a Psych last year and he was posted in Quetta. He was on a trip when there was a terrorist incident and he told me that safety is an issue thus housing is needed in an enclosed area like Cantt. This is the reason why since 2007 all inducted officers have to pass the basic military course regardless of the branch and are issued a weapon. Thus, I wish to know about the Navy situation as I know about the PAF and PA, PAF also gives housing in their officer's colony. So does the PA.

Actually the problem is more of safety. See my senior got inducted in the military (army) as a Psych last year and he was posted in Quetta. He was on a trip when there was a terrorist incident and he told me that safety is an issue thus housing is needed in an enclosed area like Cantt. This is the reason why since 2007 all inducted officers have to pass the basic military course regardless of the branch and are issued a weapon. Thus, I wish to know about the Navy situation as I know about the PAF and PA, PAF also gives housing in their officer's colony. So does the PA.

Of course they are obsessed with the security and accommodation of their personnel and officers.

Mark that (obsession) as well in your list of management when you get enrolled.

Obsession is bad ,isn't it?

Sometimes they cross the lines in such obsession.You are asking about the Navy.They did such a thing in the federal capital.The less said, the better.

Jahan un ka zoor lagta hae ,poora zoor lagate hein.

Of course they are obsessed with the security and accommodation of their personnel and officers.

Mark that (obsession) as well in your list of management when you get enrolled.

Obsession is bad ,isn't it?

Sometimes they cross the lines in such obsession.You are asking about the Navy.They did such a thing in the federal capital.The less said, the better.

Jahan un ka zoor lagta hae ,poora zoor lagate hein.

I agree but I am looking at it more from a career and family life point of view.

I agree but I am looking at it more from a career and family life point of view.

Which is correct. If you are concerned about housing before joining then think of what an already joined officer must go through. They must have adequate facilities for them. It makes very little sense if they do not. You might need to have a more rigorous one on one with the recruiting office. Only thing I can see is they might not offer ALL the facilities to the fresh meat.

Which is correct. If you are concerned about housing before joining then think of what an already joined officer must go through. They must have adequate facilities for them. It makes very little sense if they do not. You might need to have a more rigorous one on one with the recruiting office. Only thing I can see is they might not offer ALL the facilities to the fresh meat.

From what I know, Force, the navy has housing in its military bases but many bases are soley for recruitment and not for any other military purposes other than side-organisational functions such as accounts, inventory etc., and it is a possibility that as a psych, who's main job is recruitment duties that one be posted in such an area (like for example Swat, Sukkar, etc.,) there housing 'might' be an issue.

From what I know, Force, the navy has housing in its military bases but many bases are soley for recruitment and not for any other military purposes other than side-organisational functions such as accounts, inventory etc., and it is a possibility that as a psych, who's main job is recruitment duties that one be posted in such an area (like for example Swat, Sukkar, etc.,) there housing 'might' be an issue.

Your particular field does not require front line duty. Navy has very little presence in smaller cities. I am sure the navy also uses most of the training facilities of the other two branches because the other branches sure as hell live it up on navy facilities.

Your particular field does not require front line duty. Navy has very little presence in smaller cities. I am sure the navy also uses most of the training facilities of the other two branches because the other branches sure as hell live it up on navy facilities.

Yes, no frontline duty unless asked for by the combatants where we face attachments. Yes, I heard that Naval Aviation Arm sends cadets to Risalpur and SSG, SSG-N, SSW and the Marines share training.

@Marshmallow @hinduguy @forcetrip @Secur @Alpha1 @Dillinger @Pakistanisage @S.U.R.B.
@Armstrong
So guys I went to the PAF base today and met the psych there.

Not good news.

Apparently, the PAF gave an ad for induction in the education branch for mathematics, physics and Islamiat a few months ago and asked for 16 years of education: M.A./M.Sc. and like everyone knows these programmes require having done B.A./B.Sc. done first and no good university is offering just B.A/B.Sc. any more they offer B.Sc/B.A (Honours) which is of 4 years and equal to M.A/M.Sc. yet the PAF has inducted a gentleman with B.Sc. Honours in Physics and he is not up to the mark. Therefore they are not allowing people with B.A/B.Sc honours to apply! There will be a meeting next week to have official orders but tentatively that's the verdict! I was like what the hell!?! Just because of one guy the entire lot who has done B.Sc/B.A honours is being rendered idiotic for the PAF???

Other than that around 3 gentlemen are near retirement and once they announce their retirement then would the PAF announce seats and that too possibly will not allow B.Sc. Honours holders to be eligible :( I am so depressed at this.

PAF seems too risky to wait on now.

What are your thoughts, guys? What do you think I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:
@jaibi cant you do some 1 year course and be eligible?

Dude, I'm going to apply in M.Phil (next level P.hD) but I'm already qualified by 16 years of education. Our degrees are the latest ones people who go for B.A/B.Sc. are the ones who don't come on merit. Plus the M.Sc. course is of 2.5 years it's like doing Bacholars in accounting and then again in business.

@Marshmallow @hinduguy @forcetip @Secur @Alpha1 @Dillinger @Pakistanisage @S.U.R.B.

So guys I went to the PAF base today and met the psych there.

Not good news.

Apparently, the PAF gave an ad for induction in the education branch for mathematics, physics and Islamiat a few months ago and asked for 16 years of education: M.A./M.Sc. and like everyone knows these programmes require having done B.A./B.Sc. done first and no good university is offering just B.A/B.Sc. any more they offer B.Sc/B.A (Honours) which is of 4 years and equal to M.A/M.Sc. yet the PAF has inducted a gentleman with B.Sc. Honours in Physics and he is not up to the mark. Therefore they are not allowing people with B.A/B.Sc honours to apply! There will be a meeting next week to have official orders but tentatively that's the verdict! I was like what the hell!?! Just because of one guy the entire lot who has done B.Sc/B.A honours is being rendered idiotic for the PAF???

Other than that around 3 gentlemen are near retirement and once they announce their retirement then would the PAF announce seats and that too possibly will not allow B.Sc. Honours holders to be eligible :( I am so depressed at this.

PAF seems too risky to wait on now.

What are your thoughts, guys? What do you think I should do?

What is Navy saying ?

My advice to you would be to make Career Plans based on Vocation of your Choice and then find opportunities Globally.

Do not target your vocation to match some service you want to join because if that does not work out you are left with nothing.

Just to give you an advice on the field of Psychology as it pertains to the US, here in US you really don't qualify to call yourself a PSYCHOLOGIST unless you have a Phd in Psychology. That means having 6 more years of Education and Research after a 4 year undergraduate degree ( A US undergraduate has 16 years of Education 12+4). So typically, a US Psychologist has 22 to 24 years of Education and Research behind him/her.

I would highly recommend that if you are planning to be a Psychologist, follow the Phd route and then you will have no Problem working anywhere in the World as a Psychologist. If you have a Master's Degree in Psychology from Pakistan, you could take admission in any Phd program in the US. In the US Phd students are self financed as they have Teaching Assistantships which pay a stipend enough to sustain yourself during this period.

Back
Top Bottom