What's new

[Request] Source of Sprartly Islands Belonging to China

Of course they can't be as same as the modern one, but at least you have to make them "similiar".
I can't really find any resemblance here. None of the distance and the distribution of the islands march each other.
Are you really sure that 黃沙 and 萬里長沙 are Paracels and Spratlys, isn't there a possibility that you mistaked your 黃沙 and 萬里長沙 to other people's Paracels and Spratlys?

It is a very clear map and it is a great work of Vietnamese in 1838.
Clearly, the map shows the two archipelagos of Paracels and Spratlys belong to Vietnam.

IMG_0109.jpg

Which part of the Chinese Han Zi that you Grand Historian could not read?

《 尚书大传 》:
交趾 之南,有 越裳国 ,周公居摄六年,制礼作乐,天下和,越裳氏以三象重译,而献白雉
交阯
,字亦作 交趾 , 交趾郡 ( 交阯郡 ),西汉郡治,今越南 河内

I have cited the source 《 尚书大传 》, so that you now would have broaden your knowledge about "Yuechang" ...

Need to learn Chinese or Chinese History ... do come to my class Chinese History 101 ... Grand Historian :D
Then tell me why do other Western and Eastern Han books not mention that they originated from Vietnam?

The earliest source is in the Zhushu Jinian otherwise known as the bamboo annals.

成王:
十年,王命唐叔虞為侯。越裳氏來朝。周文公出居于豐。
The 10th year of King Cheng of Zhou(roughly 1032 BC),enfeoffed Shu Yu of Tang as a marquis. The Yuechang clan arrives to court. King Wen of Zhou leaves court all is plentiful.
Zhushu Jinian : 成王 - Chinese Text Project

Grand Historian,

do you have any info of the period when China ruled Vietnam? How did it look the daily life and politic/economic/social systems?

I don´t know much over this period. Vietnam history does not tell much, either.
All I know is Vietnam had been a province of China, Jiāozhǐ or Annam.

It is a very clear map and it is a great work of Vietnamese in 1838.
Clearly, the map shows the two archipelagos of Paracels and Spratlys belong to Vietnam.

IMG_0109.jpg

Those islands obviously have nothing to do with Paracels & Spratlys. They are completely different.

Your evidence only claimed that 黃沙 are yours, but 黃沙 is obviously not Paracels, but severla islands located between Vietnam and Paracels.

we lost Hainan to China over 2,000 year when han dynasty expanded to south, kid.

The whole world belonged to Vietnam 10000000 years ago, all hail Vietnam.

don't say nonsense.

When han chinese were in Middle terrain of China, Hainan Island belong to native Le, Ly, Luo people.
Hainan Island has become part of China territory for more than 1000 years. So stop talking all the craps.

Last edited:
Hello, with all these tensions going around lately, I'm wondering if anybody can provide me some sources about how the Sprartly Islands belongs to China? What is China's argument in this regard and what China is using it as prove?

Since the islands are not inhabited during most of its history, and the control has changed hand number of times, historical evidences are rather meaningless, other than to score some moral points. What matter is the actual control, continuous control to the present that is, at least legally speaking. For that both PRC& ROC trace it back to the end of WWII where ROC took over from Japan the control of both island chains with troops garrison on the major islands, which is how PRC controls the Woody island and ROC controls the Taiping island today. And these two islands along with Lincoln island are what China should focus on for they are the only ones that are entitled to their own EEZ according to UNCLOS. When it comes to drill and fishing rights, that's all that matters.

"we lost Hainan to China over 2,000 year when han dynasty expanded to south, kid.":cheesy:

there was territory of Van Lang. Viet/king/ Jiao Zhi people was main ethnic group, other Yue/Thai/Katay were in minority ethnic groups. :coffee:

Last edited:
Then tell me why do other Western and Eastern Han books not mention that they originated from Vietnam?

The earliest source is in the Zhushu Jinian otherwise known as the bamboo annals.

成王:
十年,王命唐叔虞為侯。越裳氏來朝。周文公出居于豐。
The 10th year of King Cheng of Zhou(roughly 1032 BC),enfeoffed Shu Yu of Tang as a marquis. The Yuechang clan arrives to court. King Wen of Zhou leaves court all is plentiful.
Zhushu Jinian : 成王 - Chinese Text Project

Did you not read it carefully?

Back then, the name of Vietnam was not yet created but instead "交趾郡" was known. Do read it here: :D

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/交趾郡

Furthermore, 尚书大传 and 竹書紀年 are both ancient books ... BTW, forget not 秦始皇 had burned so many books too.

Back
Top Bottom