What's new

[Request] Source of Sprartly Islands Belonging to China

theniubt

Reaction score
Country
China
Hello, with all these tensions going around lately, I'm wondering if anybody can provide me some sources about how the Sprartly Islands belongs to China? What is China's argument in this regard and what China is using it as prove?

I've been following those threads about the tension but couldn't find much info about the reason behind China's claim. I admit, my history is pretty horrible :( and I'm just wondering if you guys can help me a bit here. Google doesn't help much as the results are pretty much biased and perhaps even filtered? I tried using Baidu, but my problem is that my Chinese is not up to the level to understand the terms and names of histories.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Wholegrain I'm wondering if you have any google books that talks about this subject, if so, can you please provide me some links to them?

Thanks in advance.

It's already the territory of Republic of China, far before the modern country of Vietnam and Philippine exist.

The modern border of Vietnam and Philippine were created by the colonial power. If they are protesting for the border issue on the sea, I'm suggesting them to fix their land border issue first according to their historical evidences, not defined by colonial power.

Yes, it's true that no Western media ever mentioned about the existence of Republic of China.

EXTREMELY BIASED!

It's already the territory of Republic of China, far before the modern country of Vietnam and Philippine exist.

The modern border of Vietnam and Philippine were created by the colonial power. If they are protesting for the border issue on the sea, I'm suggesting them to fix their land border issue first according to their historical evidences, not defined by colonial power.

Yes, it's true that no Western media ever mentioned about the existence of Republic of China.

EXTREMELY BIASED!

Shut up, you KMT loser.

Just watch how big daddy CPC is starting some serious asswhopping, just see how the Viets are starting to burn down their own country. :yay:

Hello, with all these tensions going around lately, I'm wondering if anybody can provide me some sources about how the Sprartly Islands belongs to China? What is China's argument in this regard and what China is using it as prove?

I've been following those threads about the tension but couldn't find much info about the reason behind China's claim. I admit, my history is pretty horrible :( and I'm just wondering if you guys can help me a bit here. Google doesn't help much as the results are pretty much biased and perhaps even filtered? I tried using Baidu, but my problem is that my Chinese is not up to the level to understand the terms and names of histories.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Wholegrain I'm wondering if you have any google books that talks about this subject, if so, can you please provide me some links to them?

Thanks in advance.
To tell the truth. China's claim is baseless, thats why, u guys dare not go to the court and debate with VietNam-Phillipine abt it.

its all probably started with 11 dashed/dotted line which Kuomintang govt first showed to claim SCS.in 1947,Zhou Enlai made it 9 dashed/dotted line to reflect China's claim.it barely has any historical or logical backing,neither is applicable or based on any International Law(actually,China never fought any case regarding about it and neither any country took it seriously until now).plus,major flaw of this claim is that line is "Broken",not continuous.no country ever claimed any region based on broken line.

the history of these islands are neither well documented,nor free of disputes.but during WW II,those islands were under the authority of Japan's colonial authority in Taiwan and they ruled them.its also Taiwan who occupied first island,Taiping after WW II.they probably captured many of these islands though later abandoned it after facing reversal in Civil War.after 1988's skirmish in Johnson's reef,it came under China for the first time in modern history.as multiple contenders claim it as their own,so it is disputed and not "Officially" under China's control.

Can the Viet guys here explain me where does the Viet claim com from ? I saw that map from 1834 I think...is it all ? Same with Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia...I've read many things on these islands but I still can't understand how these countries can claim the anything. On wikipedia the oldest thing I found is that France took over the Islands in the 30s and China issued a protest...did Philippines or Malaysia issued a protest too ?

Last edited:
Taiwanese factories took a huge blow, time to evacuate. As for China economic damage is peanuts, sad part would be the lost of innocent lives. China must use the stick to smack the jungle if situation gets worse.

its all probably started with 11 dashed/dotted line which Kuomintang govt first showed to claim SCS.in 1947,Zhou Enlai made it 9 dashed/dotted line to reflect China's claim.it barely has any historical or logical backing,neither is applicable or based on any International Law(actually,China never fought any case regarding about it and neither any country took it seriously until now).plus,major flaw of this claim is that line is "Broken",not continuous.no country ever claimed any region based on broken line.

the history of these islands are neither well documented,nor free of disputes.but during WW II,those islands were under the authority of Japan's colonial authority in Taiwan and they ruled them.its also Taiwan who occupied first island,Taiping after WW II.they probably captured many of these islands though later abandoned it after facing reversal in Civil War.after 1988's skirmish in Johnson's reef,it came under China for the first time in modern history.as multiple contenders claim it as their own,so it is disputed and not "Officially" under China's control.
Where did you find these nonsense?
In 1947, how could Zhou Enlai made it 9 dashed line when KMT ruled China?
It is ROC captain Lin Zun who stands for the KMT government recover the rule of these island, and he has never been to Taiwan, what do you mean by saying "its also Taiwan who occupied first island,Taiping after WW II."?

China's territory is finished at Hainan Island. no more.

20120801102213_go2.jpg

Come back when you can read the title of the map.

There's a reason why Manchuria,Xinjiang and Tibet are not included.

Then china stop lying about the historical evidence to claim SCS.

So why I said to you many time that Manchuria, Tibet, Xingang will regain independence from China. Taiwan is colored with Japan territry color. When china printed this map Taiwan is part of Japan after 1895.

Then china stop lying about the historical evidence to claim SCS.

So why I said to you many time that Manchuria, Tibet, Xingang will regain independence from China. Taiwan is colored with Japan territry color. When china printed this map Taiwan is part of Japan after 1895.
All this proves is that you can't read the title of the map.

Your trolling doesn't reflect real life,should the Southern part of Vietnam break off and become Cham once again?

Back
Top Bottom