What's new

A little help please!

@Pakistanisage , sir, you have been in the PAF how would you comment on the service's culture (army, navy and air force compared) that's the only thing that's making me a bit choosy about the arm otherwise I know that this is the career I want to go for.

Culture wise I would say, Number :

1. Navy

2. Air Force

3. Army

The reason has to do with the fact that Pakistan Navy is mostly based in Karachi which was historically Pakistan's most modern City and as such the culture at Naval Hospitals such as PNS Shifa was the best and most professional. Pakistan Air Force culture is a lot better than Army Culture and besides since Pak Army Deployments are in Cantonments in interior Sind , Balochistan and Punjab, you might find yourself working in CMH's in places like Panu Akil or Mardan etc. By that I mean " Middle of nowhere places " and boondocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would tend to agree with @Nassr . Check your information with the recruitment centers. It is been a while since I was in Pakistan Air Force but it used to be that ALL MEDICAL PERSONNEL were hired by PAKISTAN ARMY alone. Later after Training they are deputed to Navy and Air Force, but their Parent service remains Army and they can be recalled back to Army or sent to another Service for example, from Air Force to Navy.

BTW, in Pakistan Armed Forces medical Personnel are allowed to do Private Practice after their duty hours so a lot of Doctors and Nurses have evening jobs in the private sector after duty hours. So they have free housing and health facilities as well as an income from their main Armed Forces Job and most Moonlight for a second job in the evenings as private doctors and consultants.

Sir, how is the culture of the PA, PAF and PN compared could you elaborate a little?

For much of our AMC it is true too, hinduguy but I want to go for it because I feel like I can make a difference. Psychs are treated different by the military because they are paramount to the selection and the promotion of officers so the are treated better than the Army Education Corps officers who are considered the lowest in terms of hierarchy.
you might get izzat and regular salute.. but am skeptical a jr guy can make much difference... besides you said you are academically a good scholar why join forces? Half the time you will have to manage ego of your boss I presume.

In civil service or acad, you can make a lot of difference, you will get much more satisfaction.

Culture wise I would say, Number :

1. Navy

2. Air Force

3. Army

The reason has to do with the fact that Pakistan Navy is mostly based in Karachi which was historically Pakistan's most modern City and as such the culture at Naval Hospitals such as PNS Shifa was the best and most professional. Pakistan Air Force culture is a lot better than Army Culture and besides since Pak Army Deployments are in Cantonments in interior Sind , Balochistan and Punjab, you might find yourself working in CMH's in places like Panu Akil or Mardan etc. By that I mean " Middle of nowhere places " and boondocks.

Exactly, sir, that what bothers me. That's why I too put the PA lower in my list. My own perception was of
1. PAF,
2. PN and
3. PA

1. PAF because maybe I'm facinated by it but I'm even pulled to the Navy after konwing how badly it is represented. However, from what I have gotten to know, sir, the PN is stricken for resources as I said PAF has a Chief Psychologist who is an Air Commodore and allows for Psychs to have the same end job perks (plot/house) the PN has difficulty in doing so, in fact, the PN has been unable to promote a psychologist to the rank of Captain where as there are at least 3 Group Captains serving in the PAF as Psychologists. So PAF seems a more practical side.

@Secur bahi aap beh kuch farmainegaye?

Well , I was just thinking . Despite the fact that I am pleasantly surprised to meet a psychologist that would explain your deep understanding of so many different things - due to the reason that I myself have profound interests in your field of study with an emphasis on psychoactive compounds , even though I am pursuing a B.E. in Material Engineering . I would personally recommend you that you join the Army because they in my observation - are badly in need of some psychologists to advise and help them on deployment patterns , coping with stress , anxiety and other psychological problems , psychological warfare and interrogation in the ongoing war on terror which has taken a heavy toll on the morale and mental health of the troops .

Sir, how is the culture of the PA, PAF and PN compared could you elaborate a little?

I think culturally you would be better off with Pakistan Navy or Pakistan Air Force. You will be dealing with better quality of officers and NCO class.

you might get izzat and regular salute.. but am skeptical a jr guy can make much difference... besides you said you are academically a good scholar why join forces? Half the time you will have to manage ego of your boss I presume.

In civil service or acad, you can make a lot of difference, you will get much more satisfaction.

I actually met my prospective bosses, the promotions are based on academic degrees, (how much marks you get), performance, service exam and publications. Secondly, the branches give the Psychs a larger rank (Capt. in the Army after 6 months of training at PMA with attachment, Flight lt. and Lieutenant in the PAF/PN after 5-8 months of training + attachment to a senior Psych which totals to an average of 2 years at most). Any officer to be promoted has to pass a psychological fitness test and a psych report. So the regular guys are respectful to us too :)

I think culturally you would be better off with Pakistan Navy or Pakistan Air Force. You will be dealing with better quality of officers and NCO class.

I have the same feeling, sir, I just wanted to confirm that it is not just my own biases but grounded in reality. Thank you a million times!

Exactly, sir, that what bothers me. That's why I too put the PA lower in my list. My own perception was of
1. PAF,
2. PN and
3. PA

1. PAF because maybe I'm facinated by it but I'm even pulled to the Navy after konwing how badly it is represented. However, from what I have gotten to know, sir, the PN is stricken for resources as I said PAF has a Chief Psychologist who is an Air Commodore and allows for Psychs to have the same end job perks (plot/house) the PN has difficulty in doing so, in fact, the PN has been unable to promote a psychologist to the rank of Captain where as there are at least 3 Group Captains serving in the PAF as Psychologists. So PAF seems a more practical side.

The only reason I am putting Pakistan Navy ahead of PAF is because of Deployments.

With Pakistan Navy you are guaranteed to be in Karachi , but with Pakistan Air Force you might find yourself in Shorkot, Sargodha, Mianwali, Peshawar besides Karachi Deployments.

If the City does not matter for you, then definitely Pakistan Air Force will be a better choice.

Well , I was just thinking . Despite the fact that I am pleasantly surprised to meet a psychologist that would explain your deep understanding of so many different things - due to the reason that I myself have profound interests in your field of study with an emphasis on psychoactive compounds , even though I am pursuing a B.E. in Material Engineering . I would personally recommend you that you join the Army because they in my observation - are badly in need of some psychologists to advise and help them on deployment patterns , coping with stress , anxiety and other psychological problems , psychological warfare and interrogation in the ongoing war on terror which has taken a heavy toll on the morale and mental health of the troops .

Arreeey waah! Feel free to engage me anytime, dude! Yaara, I know everyone says Army, Army, Army, but I personally feel the PA doesn't match to my personality style. Plus, the SPD (Strategic Planning and Defence) and the ISI now request good Psychs for these things and they recruit from all three branches and even civvies (MoD posts) BUT the mental health of soldiers is best handled by Psychs in CMH (Clinical Psychs) hired as Civvies. A Military Psych has a slightly different function in the Pak armed forces.

The only reason I am putting Pakistan Navy ahead of PAF is because of Deployments.

With Pakistan Navy you are guaranteed to be in Karachi , but with Pakistan Air Force you might find yourself in Shorkot, Sargodha, Mianwali, Peshawar besides Karachi Deployments.

If the City does not matter for you, then definitely Pakistan Air Force will be a better choice.

Sir, I was thinking of trying for whichever ones comes first (induction). I personally love PAF bases and would love to move around especially in the North

Arreeey waah! Feel free to engage me anytime, dude! Yaara, I know everyone says Army, Army, Army, but I personally feel the PA doesn't match to my personality style. Plus, the SPD (Strategic Planning and Defence) and the ISI now request good Psychs for these things and they recruit from all three branches and even civvies (MoD posts) BUT the mental health of soldiers is best handled by Psychs in CMH (Clinical Psychs) hired as Civvies. A Military Psych has a slightly different function in the Pak armed forces.

Sir, I was thinking of trying for whichever ones comes first (induction). I personally love PAF bases and would love to move around especially in the North

Pakistan Air Force has the Best Culture and you will always find the best officers in PAF. Maybe I am biased, being the graduate of PAF Academy Risalpur, but I think you will find great camaraderie with the Pilots.

Pakistan Air Force has the Best Culture and you will always find the best officers in PAF. Maybe I am biased, being the graduate of PAF Academy Risalpur, but I think you will find great camaraderie with the Pilots.

Sir, I have interacted a lot with the serving military officers and this is not your bais it is true. The PAF has the best officer at least in terms of grooming. I would then say that it is followed by the Navy (it may be equal to the PAF, as I have not interacted with the main sailors) and at the very last is the Army.

Sure , why not ? :D . Lets talks about phobias to addictions and to disorders to withdrawals sometime on Gmail or Skype . " He who has conquered the mind has conquered all " . For doing background checks and all those psychological tests for the new recruits ? I guessed that much from your posts . Why not , my friend ? What exactly is it that you dont like about the Pakistan Army ? You can try your luck with ISI , if you are content with a life of isolation , loneliness and restrictions - though I feel I am exaggerating a bit here . However , that is how I see that institution .

Time to sleep , mate . Otherwise we both know , what happens to our neuroreceptors when we dont get enough REM sleep . Loss of sensitivity to Seretonin and Norepinephrine , anyone ? :lol:

Sir, I have interacted a lot with the serving military officers and this is not your bais it is true. The PAF has the best officer at least in terms of grooming. I would then say that it is followed by the Navy (it may be equal to the PAF, as I have not interacted with the main sailors) and at the very last is the Army.

Actually the difference is not only due to grooming but also the Quality of induction. Very few people know this that ISSB grades the applicants as Group A, B and C.

Pakistan Army accepts A, B, and even C if they have to, to meet their induction requirements

Pakistan Navy accepts from group A and from Group B if they have to.

Pakistan Air Force is only allowed to accept from Group A.

This is the main reason that all those PAF candidates who Fail the CMB after ISSB ( for things like Flat Foot or Heart Murmur ) are given the option to join Naval or Army Academies. However, Army and Navy candidates failing the medical are not allowed to Join PAF, because the ISSB and Medical standards of Air Force are much higher than the other two Services.

Sure , why not ? :D . Lets talks about phobias to addictions and to disorders to withdrawals sometime on Gmail . " He who has conquered the mind has conquered all " . For doing background checks and all those psychological tests for the new recruits ? I guessed that much from your posts . Why not , my friend ? What exactly is it that you dont like about the Pakistan Army ? You can try your luck with ISI , if you are content with a life of isolation , loneliness and restrictions - though I feel I am exaggerating a bit here . However , that is how I see that institution .

Time to sleep , mate . Otherwise we both know , what happens to our neuroreceptors when we get enough REM sleep . Loss of sensitivity to Seretonin and Norepinephrine , anyone ? :lol:

I'm off to bed too *yawns* chal I'll reply when I get up about my reservations about the army

Actually the difference is not only due to grooming but also the Quality of induction. Very few people know this that ISSB grades the applicants as Group A, B and C.

Pakistan Army accepts A, B, and even C if they have to, to meet their induction requirements

This is the main reason that all those PAF candidates who Fail the CMB after ISSB ( for things like Flat Foot or Heart Murmur ) are given the option to join Naval or Army Academies. However, Army and Navy candidates failing the medical are not allowed to Join PAF, because the ISSB and Medical standards of Air Force are much higher than the other two Services.

I did not know that, sir, though I have heard about candidates being offered to other services. A friend of mine went for the PAF but was recommed for the PA and went for their aviation arm. I thought it was only in grooming seems it is all around PAF, only the best. I was even told that it is the hardest to join the PAF even as a Psych.

Thank you, sir, I will work hard and be selected and hopefully meet you one day in the same blue uniform that you donned a while back!

Back
Top Bottom