What's new

A dream that the world conspired against: Manufacturing a warplane in Egypt and the position of the JF-17 Block 3

No LR bvr missiles for them

Have the Egyptians even tried to get those capabilities? I mean, why would they buy a fleet of 220 F-16s knowing fully well they're incapable handicapped and then also go for Su-35s and Rafales.

It doesn't add up that the US would deny Egypt the capabilities but allow acquisitions of Su-35s and Rafales... or are those platforms less capable as well?

i think there will be no further block next is project azm . if we stop mirage rebuild and f7 rebuild factories they will be converted to jf-17 rebuild factories and production lines will be taken over by azm . i dont think pakistan will run production of two fighter at a time sir . we have damn 11bn$ budget ,
Unless we keep getting orders for JF-17s from abroad.

I don't see what this has to do with religion? If everyone was looking at it from this perspective , then you guys will never have even the JF17 fighter or any other major weapons for that matter, since the atheist Chinese (even worse than the Abrahams religious Jews at least) will never have allowed you guys to participate in this their program, sane with the US/West who would have abstain from ever selling you guys any weapons etc etc . So people should stop using religion for everything .
I don't think you followed the conversation

well world think otherwise . when a defense product made /test / evaluate /induct /serve further may exported too that is successful project sir
Yes.. but not when a country goes to war. that is correct in peaceful times.. but extaordinary circumstances can stop projects even if very promising..

Have the Egyptians even tried to get those capabilities? I mean, why would they buy a fleet of 220 F-16s knowing fully well they're incapable handicapped and then also go for Su-35s and Rafales.

It doesn't add up that the US would deny Egypt the capabilities but allow acquisitions of Su-35s and Rafales... or are those platforms less capable as well?

Hi,

US had no control over the acquisition of the Rafale or the SU35.

The French were desperate to sell and so were the Russians---.

Because the first acquisition of the F-16 to Egypt was way back in the 1980's. It had nothing to do with current inventory or military acquisitions and when it started, it was under the Peace Vector program of military aid to try and stay in the game as much as possible. So it was either get the F-16s and keep trying to acquire the appropriate ammunitions for them as the orders kept happening but they kept being refused, or not have any 4th gen fighters. Finally Sisi's presidency is doing something about it 30 years later, going for Rafales and MiG-35s and Su-35s all with BVR capabilities including hopefully the Meteor.

So back then, if you were in our position, would you refuse the F-16 just because of BVR missiles? When they did eventually offer the modernized AIM-7P Sparrow semi active BVR missile so it's not completely without some form of that capability. But BVR is not the end all be all like many here seem to think. Having the 4th largest fleet of F-16s after the US, Israel, and Turkey (not by much BTW to the last member) with all other ordinances is much better than nothing, don't you think?

Once Sisi became president, he's shown that the crying and lobbying by Israel to the US to not provide Egypt with the AIM-120 is finished and he's moving on. He requested the F-35 knowing quite well that the US would refuse it so it gave him more ammunition to go after other choices such as the Rafale & Su-35SE.

Here's the funny thing that destroys the silly notion of the magic button or computer hack that disables jets. If that was the case, why are they so freaked out about providing the missiles then?

Hopefully Russia will provide as much as it can under ITAR including the R-27ER, the RVV-AE (which I believe has already been supplied with the MiG-35s) and possibly the R-37M.

The problem is that the US asked Egypt to cancel the deal and that they would substitute it with F-15s but Egypt declined, citing the Su-35SE is a much better platform than the F-15 or at least the one the US would offer Egypt which certainly wouldn't have been the EX model with the AIM-120C-7 and AIM-9X. That would've been the only way Egypt would've agreed to switch but there is also a possibility that it might not have, simply because it wants to move away from the grip of the US. Something that needed to be done a long time ago.

BTW, I'll try to find the link that I saw early this morning and post it, but according to it, a pair of US F-35s flying over Syria approaching the Russian air base were intercepted from behind by a RuAF Su35S that had the Khibiny wingtip EW pods and was jamming and spoofing them to the point they never saw it until it was directly behind them. Validity of the story? Honestly, not sure but if it is, I think we'll hear more about it in the next few days.

Cannot compete with Israeli f16. Poor radar. Poor missile and poor pilots

What a terrible false comment. EAF F-16 pilots are the best in the entire fleet and have proven it time and time again. The F-16 has been in the Egyptian air force for a very long time, longer than Pakistani F-16s if I'm not mistaken with several pilots accumulating over 2000 hours. They also formed an aggressor unit with the block 52s because of the quality and experience of those pilots. Your comment is degradingly uneducated and insulting.

BTW, I'll try to find the link that I saw early this morning and post it, but according to it, a pair of US F-35s flying over Syria approaching the Russian air base were intercepted from behind by a RuAF Su35S that had the Khibiny wingtip EW pods and was jamming and spoofing them to the point they never saw it until it was directly behind them. Validity of the story? Honestly, not sure but if it is, I think we'll hear more about it in the next few days.

Please share the link if your able to find it and possible to tag me.

Fighter jet jumma bazar.

But nice they're buying from us. Next we should get the gulf habibis on board they're flush with cash.

Fighter jet jumma bazar.

But nice they're buying from us. Next we should get the gulf habibis on board they're flush with cash.
Egypt want its production systems and production experience and technologies
Gulf countries can buy better than jf17

LoL

How many topic did they started? Egypt will buy Jf17 :p: ,d don't take them serious. Some General visits after that some news site come with stories like this. Like that story about Pakistan cruise missiles.

Back
Top Bottom