What's new

CIA's role in Afghan Jihad against the USSR.

Dear may I ask

Why on earth "civilian CIA" was interacting directly with "Military Dominated, Military run organization called ISI?

Simple!

Because Pakistani government told CIA to work with ISI.

CIA or other foreign organizations don't care about the name or organization as long as they know who they are allowed to work with.

For all they care, Pakistani government could have told CIA to work with PIA (that is Pakistani Intelligence Agency and not the airline :lol:)

Dear may I ask

Secondly Why even with all cultural clash Democratic Government of USA interact with Military Dictator Governments of Pakistan?

Well they will come work with whoever is ruling Pakistan.

Yesterday it was PPP
Today it is PMLN
tomorrow it may be PTI

They will work with the party rulling the country.

it was 1979, then Military was ruling so they worked with them.

Do Pakistani care, if Iranians are ruled by Mullahs, Ayatullees, or Shah. We just deal with whoever is ruling Iran.

In fact we had better relations during Shah's time, because he was not insane like the Ayatullahs (well at least not insane with us. Different story as to how he treated the trouble makers in his own home).

Dear may I ask

OK but to whom......???
We should have made a civilian spy agency similar to CIA. may be hired ex-military. But it must have been made purely cvilian run, civilian control international spy agency.

No active military officer in it.

I hope you get it now.

Is CIA trying to make Turkey another Syria (or Afghanistan) to prevent her from developing?

Just curious.

Well actually, There's been a plan revealed in Turkey years ago, also confirmed by western media. In Turkish called "Böl-Parçala-Yönet" which means "Divide-Destroy-Rule" in English. This was a theory of CIA's mid-east policy. Well, CIA let Turkey to develop itself till it can get the enough power to rule the region. When it was done, about 2011-12. Now, The US Goverment is using Turkey to direct and occur it's Middle East Policy (Iran, Syrian War, Iraq, protests in Turkey...etc.). Their Mid-East policy is nearly done. Now it's our turn to be kicked according to CIA. They're doin it well know. i.e: Protests in here, The increasing conflict between Erdogan's AKP and Gulen Cemaat, Arresting of good Officers and Police Chiefs, The cases Sledghammer and Ergenekon. They used turkey as a tool to achieve their ME gains, they did it well. And now they started to destroy us

Simple!

Because Pakistani government told CIA to work with ISI.

CIA or other foreign organizations don't care about the name or organization as long as they know who they are allowed to work with.

For all they care, Pakistani government could have told CIA to work with PIA (that is Pakistani Intelligence Agency and not the airline :lol:)

& who was in Government that time........BTW

as you said it was a cooperation b/w states.......civilian or non-civilian institutions does not matter, if it serve the purpose/interest

Well they will come work with whoever is ruling Pakistan.

Yesterday it was PPP
Today it is PMLN
tomorrow it may be PTI

They will work with the party rulling the country.

it was 1979, then Military was ruling so they worked with them.

this the point my dear they will come to work with whoever is ruling Pakistan

Yesterday it was military today it is civilian......and who knows about tomorrow......:whistle:

We should have made a civilian spy agency similar to CIA. may be hired ex-military. But it must have been made purely cvilian run, civilian control international spy agency.

No active military officer in it.

I hope you get it now.

there are civil spy institutions but have limited mandate.....though agree with u partially......we need cultural change across the board not just in ISI.......

Hi,

People----you cannot put two idiots together and ask for a successful result during a war. For that reason---the agency joined hands with a military organization---. A war is being fought over here---not diplomacy---so for that reason one party is military---. The suppliers can be civilians or miltary but the conduit for a military campaign has to be military.

What do pakistani civilians know about waging and managing a war with a super power---what kind of training does a civilian has for fighting a force like the russians---.

People----don't think with your feet----use your brains---.

When posters want to give examples of previous wars in historical context---they must write a narrative of what happened where and when---just saying read history is simply meaningless.

Is CIA trying to make Turkey another Syria (or Afghanistan) to prevent her from developing? Just curious.

Well actually, There's been a plan revealed in Turkey years ago, also confirmed by western media. In Turkish called "Böl-Parçala-Yönet" which means "Divide-Destroy-Rule" in English.
This was a theory of CIA's mid-east policy. Well, CIA let Turkey to develop itself till it can get the enough power to rule the region. When it was done, about 2011-12. Now, The US Goverment is using Turkey to direct and occur it's Middle East Policy (Iran, Syrian War, Iraq, protests in Turkey...etc.). Their Mid-East policy is nearly done. Now it's our turn to be kicked according to CIA. They're doin it well know. i.e: Protests in here, The increasing conflict between Erdogan's AKP and Gulen Cemaat, Arresting of good Officers and Police Chiefs, The cases Sledghammer and Ergenekon. They used turkey as a tool to achieve their ME gains, they did it well. And now they started to destroy us

Is CIA trying to make Turkey another Syria (or Afghanistan) to prevent her from developing? Just curious.

Well actually, There's been a plan revealed in Turkey years ago, also confirmed by western media. In Turkish called "Böl-Parçala-Yönet" which means "Divide-Destroy-Rule" in English. This was a theory of CIA's mid-east policy. Well, CIA let Turkey to develop itself till it can get the enough power to rule the region. When it was done, about 2011-12. Now, The US Goverment is using Turkey to direct and occur it's Middle East Policy (Iran, Syrian War, Iraq, protests in Turkey...etc.). Their Mid-East policy is nearly done. Now it's our turn to be kicked according to CIA. They're doin it well know. i.e: Protests in here, The increasing conflict between Erdogan's AKP and Gulen Cemaat, Arresting of good Officers and Police Chiefs, The cases Sledghammer and Ergenekon. They used turkey as a tool to achieve their ME gains, they did it well. And now they started to destroy us

Interview of Zbig -

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

B: It isn't quite that. We didn't push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn't believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don't regret anything today?

B: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter. We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalism, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up ******* or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

CRG -- The CIA's Intervention in Afghanistan

Well actually, There's been a plan revealed in Turkey years ago, also confirmed by western media. In Turkish called "Böl-Parçala-Yönet" which means "Divide-Destroy-Rule" in English. This was a theory of CIA's mid-east policy. Well, CIA let Turkey to develop itself till it can get the enough power to rule the region. When it was done, about 2011-12. Now, The US Goverment is using Turkey to direct and occur it's Middle East Policy (Iran, Syrian War, Iraq, protests in Turkey...etc.). Their Mid-East policy is nearly done. Now it's our turn to be kicked according to CIA. They're doin it well know. i.e: Protests in here, The increasing conflict between Erdogan's AKP and Gulen Cemaat, Arresting of good Officers and Police Chiefs, The cases Sledghammer and Ergenekon. They used turkey as a tool to achieve their ME gains, they did it well. And now they started to destroy Turkey

Well actually, There's been a plan revealed in Turkey years ago, also confirmed by western media. In Turkish called "Böl-Parçala-Yönet" which means "Divide-Destroy-Rule" in English. This was a theory of CIA's mid-east policy. Well, CIA let Turkey to develop itself till it can get the enough power to rule the region. When it was done, about 2011-12. Now, The US Goverment is using Turkey to direct and occur it's Middle East Policy (Iran, Syrian War, Iraq, protests in Turkey...etc.). Their Mid-East policy is nearly done. Now it's our turn to be kicked according to CIA. They're doin it well know. i.e: Protests in here, The increasing conflict between Erdogan's AKP and Gulen Cemaat, Arresting of good Officers and Police Chiefs, The cases Sledghammer and Ergenekon. They used turkey as a tool to achieve their ME gains, they did it well. And now they started to destroy Turkey

Please no conspiracy theories.

thank you.

As per your post, CIA is god, and turkish people are just robots who can be programmed to do anything for CIA.

I expected a Turkish person to be a bit more rational than that.

CIA is just a collection of human beings. Just like Turkish people.

CIA people jockey for American interests.

But so do Turkish people who also jockey for their "perceived" interests.

If the two interests match they work together and if they do not, they don't start conspiracies against each other.

Turkish riots are purely the result of Erdo's tough headedness.

He felt over confident about his power

And

got whooped in the streets.

these riots are 90% Turkish idea, so please do not cheapen the respect of the who Turkish nation, by blaming CIA for this.

Please do not spread conspiracy theories like so many village-idiot-Mullahs do in Pakistan.

Thank you

thank you.

As per your post, CIA is god, and turkish people are just robots who can be programmed to do anything for CIA.

If the two interests match they work together and if they do not, they don't start conspiracies against each other.

And

these riots are 90% Turkish idea, so please do not cheapen the respect of the who Turkish nation, by blaming CIA for this.

Please do not spread conspiracy theories like so many village-idiot-Mullahs do in Pakistan.

Thank you

Stop there! If Turkey is ruled by the parties like AKP of course all them are right. ME is even more mixed than South Asia or Korean Issue. What I said was a conspiracy theory. But now it is TRUE. We learned it by having Regional Policies lesson at the Academy. It's not conspiracy. Thank you

thank you.

And

Thank you

Guy,

Your posts are getting absolutely pathetic---. Let me start by giving an example---a beggar states that he knows the king very welll---he may---but ask the king if he knows the beggar.

You have no clue what the agency is and what its capabilities are---get out of your holier than thou mode that you have been for awhile now.

The agency's tantacles are long and sharp and anyone who does not believe in it---needs to be reminded of what happened to Noriega.

The agency is not simply a one way street---it is not one directional---.

Back
Top Bottom