What's new

1200 PKK members released from prisons in Syria

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
The Syrian government has released 1200 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), ITAR-TASS reports.

3,000 people were released in the northern regions, over half of them were criminals while 1200 were political convicts. Spokesman of the Homs city council Abu Salah noted that most of the released convicts joined the Democratic Unity Party. Three control posts were formed for the party in Afrin. The official added that most Kurds are not separatists in Syria and are not a threat to Turkey. He assured that the Free Syrian Army would prevent them from threatening Ankara.

Salah believes that Syrian President Bashar al-Asad is trying to show the Arab population what life would be like under control of the Kurds after his resignation.

1200 PKK members released from prisons in Syria | Vestnik Kavkaza

PKK is the only card Syria can play againts us and they are using it , no suprise here :coffee:

Well done, give rpgs anti-aircraft to the rebels, mines blow up assad building.

It's sad because both countries only recently set aside the past and were working on cooperation and trade. It's now all undone

Turkey is supporting FSA so this was Syrian response. The issue of Kurd rebels was always an issue of contention between both governments. Now back to square one it seems

No idea what will happen as far as Assad regime but he should step down and allow for political transition. Civil war has been and will be devastating to the whole region; already PKK terrorism is up and Lebanon is seeing spillover effect from Syria uprising

Al Qaeda also making inroads into Syria and it can be very dangerous for the region

The Syrian government has released 1200 members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), ITAR-TASS reports.

3,000 people were released in the northern regions, over half of them were criminals while 1200 were political convicts. Spokesman of the Homs city council Abu Salah noted that most of the released convicts joined the Democratic Unity Party. Three control posts were formed for the party in Afrin. The official added that most Kurds are not separatists in Syria and are not a threat to Turkey. He assured that the Free Syrian Army would prevent them from threatening Ankara.

Salah believes that Syrian President Bashar al-Asad is trying to show the Arab population what life would be like under control of the Kurds after his resignation.

1200 PKK members released from prisons in Syria | Vestnik Kavkaza

I don't know whether It is true or not but I Hope The terorists and their fellow brother locating in Kandil will attack on Turkish soil all togather to take control of some Turkish lands. We have their medicines... You know, Last month, They attacked on Hakkari, Semdinli to station their fighters all around the city with an idea of wiping Turkish soldiers out of 400km zone but With a succesfull operation which kept secret from public, Both 140 terorists have been killed, and Their support troops and animals charged to send additional help to terorists having difficulties, have been confirmed by UAV's, and all destroyed with F-16's and AH-1W Cobra's...

I don't know whether It is true or not but I Hope The terorists and their fellow brother locating in Kandil will attack on Turkish soil all togather to take control of some Turkish lands. We have their medicines... You know, Last month, They attacked on Hakkari, Semdinli to station their fighters all around the city with an idea of wiping Turkish soldiers out of 400km zone but With a succesfull operation which kept secret from public, Both 140 terorists have been killed, and Their support troops and animals charged to send additional help to terorists having difficulties, have been confirmed by UAV's, and all destroyed with F-16's and AH-1W Cobra's...

I don't think their motivation was to 'wipe off' the Turkish soldiers from the area but to create a Syrian style uprising among the Kurds in Turkey.

I wish they were that crazy to think they can actually gain control of an area in the Turkish soil though.

Am i the only one who thinks we should strike Assad down?

we should help them until 2022 if they stay that long , remember when they sheltered ocalan for like 10 years? they wont last that long , after 2022 they are right we should stop support .

we should help them until 2022 if they stay that long , remember when they sheltered ocalan for like 10 years? they wont last that long , after 2022 they are right we should stop support .

what i want to know is, how the hell he end up @ Greek embassy in Kenya :rofl:

Wait so...what's the difference between PKK and the terrorists that are using Turkey as a transit point to Syria?

nice talk but dont forget all this mess started when Assad forces fired on protestors only wants democratic elections(just like Turkey/Armenia) in Syria and killed 20-30 of them in instant.Assad choose to burn whole country with civil war instead of leaving throne peacefully , if only he would give elections to people just like protestors wanted.

just blah blah news

anyways..... Turkey asked for trouble..... now they have it.... Turkey know's how to end PKK.... Turkey needs to stop supporting terrorism in Syria so this way Turkey will also have peace..

Back
Top Bottom