What's new

India has offered $500 million USD loan of weapons to Bangladesh

You just want my attention dont you? Sad and pathetic. Get psychiatric help boy.
Uncle there is no reason for me to want your attention!! Out of sheer compassion I just want to show my sympathy on your condition... that's it :agree:

feeling is mutual...:agree:

you are not answering the question...compare your recent and projected purchases...for you to consider India a foe you need to plan your defense accordingly...no??

Not with our current defence budget, we spend just 1.2% of our GDP on defence. Most of that budget goes on salary, and very little on the capital expenditure. Because we are not at the stage to spend stupid amount on defence we rely on numbers to deter any invasion....occupying a densly populate region as ours would be suicidal.

Our first objective is to build our economy, so that we can afford more high tech defence equipment soon.....not indian :-)

1. Answer a simple question, if we didn't consider india our number 1 external threat why have we never bought weapon systems from india?

2. Why would we have a large 270,000 man standing army, huge reserves (appox 5 million) if we didn't consider india the enemy?

3. india is and always will be considered the main threat, infact we don't have any other (except myanmar to a lesser extent) as we don't have any borders with any other nations.

Sometimes i wonder what is wrong with you guys? I am not sure what BD interest will it serve by making India a foe?? You need to balance the relationship smartly....At the end of the day India is huge and your immediate neighbour...so having a foe of that size is stupid at epic level....no?

Let see who did all the following acts in the 40 years or so. BD didn't shoot a single bullet at India before India started to act to destabilize BD. India is the only State that has actively supported an insurgency by providing weapons and training.

Well if you start doing acts of aggression , you will and should be treated as a belligerent State.

AGARTALA, India— For more than a decade, India has secretly provided arms and money to tribal insurgents fighting for an autonomous state in Bangladesh, rebels given sanctuary in this border area say.

A senior security official here confirmed the assistance and said an undetermined number of rebel fighters had stayed along the border near camps of Indian paramilitary forces.

''The Government is giving them help,'' the official added, without elaborating.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/06/11/world/bangladeshi-insurgents-say-india-is-supporting-them.html

Bhaumik, a journalist and academic researcher for three decades, has provided graphic details of the R&AW's involvement in the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Burma's Kachin Hills in his latest book. But he makes it clear the "orders came right from the top" and were not operations generated by the agency.

"The immediate provocation for the Indian sponsorship of the Shanti Bahini guerrillas .. was the military coup that killed Sheikh Mujibur Rehman and many members of his family. To Indira gandhi, this coup was a political defiance of India .

"Within a week of the coup, senior R&AW leaders arrived in Tripura's capital Agartala with a clear brief for their subordinates: Get those Chakma leaders who want to fight Bangladesh."

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2009/11/09/india-backed-shanti-bahini-burmese-rebels-book

Now we are debating...irrespective of the fact that i disagree with you i still want to appreciate that you are logically trying to reason out...Now let me please share my thoughts...
Not with our current defence budget, we spend just 1.2% of our GDP on defence. Most of that budget goes on salary, and very little on the capital expenditure. Because we are not at the stage to spend stupid amount on defence we rely on numbers to deter any invasion....occupying a densly populate region as ours would be suicidal.
You are wrong...A country can't be stong economically if she doesn't enjoy safe borders...A country enjoys safe borders by virtue of her armed forces...If you forces are not capable of defending your country from your perceived threat perception that you will fix it....your defense acquisitions would be in accordance to your threat perception and finally you still can't afford it you will join some blocks...You will not sit with an assumption that India won't be able to occupy your land because of sheer population....this is like sitting ducks...so the whole premise is very faulty...

Our first objective is to build our economy, so that we can afford more high tech defence equipment soon.....not indian :-)

1. Answer a simple question, if we didn't consider india our number 1 external threat why have we never bought weapon systems from india?

2. Why would we have a large 270,000 man standing army, huge reserves (appox 5 million) if we didn't consider india the enemy?

3. india is and always will be considered the main threat, infact we don't have any other (except myanmar to a lesser extent) as we don't have any borders with any other nations.
1. Indian Bangladesh relations have seen some flip flops...complement that with us being the worlds biggest importer i am not why would this be such a surprise...
2. I honestly not sure about why would you have the large Army you are talking about...Having said that we have a million plus Army...does that mean we consider everyone as our enemy?? India is a large and for us to defend those borders we need that kind of Army(though lean is the new mantra these days)...Similarly BD would have come up those numbers as per their land mass...
3. As said had that been the case then you have done a very pathetic job in 40 years...

Now let ask you one questions...we didn't even bother to attack your country when it was actually East Pakistan in 65 war...there has been not a single incident worth mentioning in 40 odd years of your existence where IA threatened you in anyways....so not sure why would anyone in BD consider India as a potential threat...can u please throw some light on that??

Now we are debating...irrespective of the fact that i disagree with you i still want to appreciate that you are logically trying to reason out...Now let me please share my thoughts...

You are wrong...A country can't be stong economically if she doesn't enjoy safe borders...A country enjoys safe borders by virtue of her armed forces...If you forces are not capable of defending your country from your perceived threat perception that you will fix it....your defense acquisitions would be in accordance to your threat perception and finally you still can't afford it you will join some blocks...You will not sit with an assumption that India won't be able to occupy your land because of sheer population....this is like sitting ducks...so the whole premise is very faulty...

1. Indian Bangladesh relations have seen some flip flops...complement that with us being the worlds biggest importer i am not why would this be such a surprise...
2. I honestly not sure about why would you have the large Army you are talking about...Having said that we have a million plus Army...does that mean we consider everyone as our enemy?? India is a large and for us to defend those borders we need that kind of Army(though lean is the new mantra these days)...Similarly BD would have come up those numbers as per their land mass...
3. As said had that been the case then you have done a very pathetic job in 40 years...

Now let ask you one questions...we didn't even bother to attack your country when it was actually East Pakistan in 65 war...there has been not a single incident worth mentioning in 40 odd years of your existence where IA threatened you in anyways....so not sure why would anyone in BD consider India as a potential threat...can u please throw some light on that??

Durring the mjujib era india wasn't considered a threat by the rulling AL gov that it helped to power....As mujib was seen in india as being "india friendly", (too close by some which was one of the reasons that led to his demise at the hands of a group of army officers) india diddn't see the need to worry too much. Since then india has regularly interferred in Bangladesh politics and gradually seen in a increasingly negative light by a majority of the population.

The only people that view india as a friend tend to be the old guard of the AL party (dying out of old age pretty quick) and those with economic vested interests (turning towards China now)...Generally speaking there has been a gradual increase in the negative presecption of india in Bangladesh, specially among the next generation which will grow.

But the main point of this thread is Bnagladesh being offered $500m to buy india defence equipment, and frankly there isn't anything you can offer thats not available from either China or Russia at better terms. More importantly none of the armed services would accept any equipment originating from india for the simple reason it views india as the main threat.

haha, India, a country even has to import rifles and bullets
You forgot to mention made in India’s tanks. The small part of a recent news below will enlighten you:

"NEW DELHI — Most of India's homemade Arjun Mark-1 battle tank fleet has been grounded because of technical snags and lack of imported components, an Indian Army official said". More than 75% of this Arjun tank have become obsolete before even firing virtually a shot.

You forgot to mention made in India’s tanks. The small part of a recent news below will enlighten you:

"NEW DELHI — Most of India's homemade Arjun Mark-1 battle tank fleet has been grounded because of technical snags and lack of imported components, an Indian Army official said". More than 75% of this Arjun tank have become obsolete before even firing virtually a shot.
Well, the name does tell u it is arjunk, even with all critical components imported, they never solve the overweight problem, did they?

Well, the name does tell u it is arjunk, even with all critical components imported, they never solve the overweight problem, did they?
We just want this overweight ArJUNK tank of India to roll into our rain-soaked wet paddy land in a war. We do not have to fire a bullet to capture them because the chains themselves will be stuck in our wet, riverain and irrigated countryside. Even the 15 ton small tanks could not plow through our land in 1971. They were stuck in mud.

Last edited:
india need to improve the quality of its weapon before they offer them to the world, those dhruv fiasco must not happen again.

We just this overweight ArJUNK tank of India to roll into our wet paddy land in a war. we do not have to fire a bullet to capture them because the chains themselves will be stuck in our wet, riverain and irrigated countryside. Even the 15 ton small tanks could not plow through our land in 1971. They were stuck in mud.
The only credible offensive force India posses against BD in a Hypothetical war scenerio, is their missile and airforce. Therefore we must utilize our resourses for anti-air systems.

Keep your weapon in won pocket, we don't need Indian weapon. if some thing want to give then sign the tista treaty. i think India only know how can take something from her neighbor but do not know how to give her friendly neighbor.

We can not "balance" when it comes to defence. If you know anything then you'll understand the entire defence docterine is based upon the preception of india and/or myanmar as threats and potential agressors...in these circumstance why would we buy weapons from a potential foe? Look at it from our prespective.

It is the same reason you would never consider buying defence equipment from China or pakistan.
India stabbed China in 1962 just got aviricious on our lands! Don't ever believe those Bhai Bhai shit from Indian mouth, all they do is get you caught off guard. Missile, tanks, subs, fighter jets, warship, China is willing to provide anything BD needs to keep those Dirty Barhatis at bay.

India stabbed China in 1962 just got aviricious on our lands! Don't ever believe those Bhai Bhai shit from Indian mouth, all they do is get you caught off guard. Missile, tanks, subs, fighter jets, warship, China is willing to provide anything BD needs to keep those Dirty Barhatis at bay.

Only few months ago they imposed a unofficail embargo on Nepal. Nepal will never be able to get out of Indian clutch and will remain poor as long as India remain poor.

Only few months ago they imposed a unofficail embargo on Nepal. Nepal will never be able to get out of Indian clutch and will remain poor as long as India remain poor.
Indians are narrow minded people.

Back
Top Bottom