What's new

Your opinion on Pakistani expatriates? Is it really worth living abroad or outside of Pakistan?

Is it worth living outside of Pakistan?

• Yes, it is

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • No, better to stay in Pakistan

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Don't Know/No opinion

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in the UK, so this is pretty much my home, (obviously better standards of living etc..) I do love my motherland though.. just can't say the same about most of my relatives there though.. bunch of ungrateful greedy satanic spawns sons of b1t***s

No offense to Bengalis but on tik tok I see this weird fetishization of Pakistani man with beard. I don't know whats up with bearded Pakistani men.
They love Pakistani men, commonly they would belittle Bengali men here and it was just straight up idiotic and shameful

There was a whole trend where they would take about 1971 and then call out Bengali girls for fetishising them.

You can probably still find it on TikTok

I don't know a single poor taxi driver. If you know one then he's a lazy bum. If life gives you a chance visit Mirpur or Dadyal AJK and see the second homes built by taxi drivers. Even in the villages we have palaces.

There are poor people in our community but most people are just poor on paper for the taxman.

Thier houses in the ghetto have expensive German cars parked outside and are fitted with the latest modcons inside.

A lot of people have gone legit so they can move to suburbia.

Bro I read that Pakistanis are top 10 in house ownership but arent top 10 in income in UK. Why is that?

I'd focus less on what expatriate Pakistanis think and more on why we have expatriate Pakistanis to begin with.

It's one thing if Pakistanis were working or studying abroad temporarily with the aim to return home. But why is it that we have a growing dual-national population? Simply put, it's because our government establishment in Pakistan is so bad at its job (we're beyond corruption at this point), that we have people who'd rather live a substandard life in the West than be a son of a soil.

That's the actual problem.

Moreover, I wouldn't make it a 'expatriate vs local Pakistani' thing either. Ultimately, everyone except for the very wealthy in Pakistan wants to leave the country. The fact that OP started this thread tells us that the question's on his mind. Your average Canadian, American, British, French, etc would never ask themselves that question, much less consider it.

To be frank, unless those with power and influence fix Pakistan, our country's going to slowly sink. I'm not going to say "WE" should change it because, to be honest, we can't. We just can't. Our nation's vote doesn't get us anywhere. Our complaining doesn't move a needle. What's left? It's those who dabble in the DHAs, the corruption, and the wider clown show. They need to grow up and give a damn. Yet they too are looking to leave Pakistan (look at how many of their kids live abroad).

Our country isn't ruled by those who truly love it and, as a result, we're all paying the price.
I would agree with you that it isn't expat versus local.

Or western country versus living in Pakistan.

People would sell their souls for a western degree. If Pakistan was economically like Japan or Taiwan, I would never leave it.

They love Pakistani men, commonly they would belittle Bengali men here and it was just straight up idiotic and shameful

There was a whole trend where they would take about 1971 and then call out Bengali girls for fetishising them.

You can probably still find it on TikTok

Wallahi I saw so many tik toks that say "When hes Pakistani and you are East Pakistani" with some brain dead music in the background

A case study needs to be done as to how this even occurred. ISI sazish

Wallahi I saw so many tik toks that say "When hes Pakistani and you are East Pakistani" with some brain dead music in the background

A case study needs to be done as to how this even occurred. ISI sazish
This is happening in America too?

Definitely ISI global saazish to take back Bangladesh

There is no easy answer to this. Its a catch-22 situation for many expats. Most expat Pakistanis do low level work like taxis, uber etc. and have a substandard lifestyle compared to the locals but they consider it better than what they get back home.

Due to increasing migration Pakistanis and other Muslims have turned their neighborhoods into ghettos where things are different and standards of living and law and order is poor.
They have to spend most of their time in work and over time adopt the same selfish attitudes towards life as westerners i.e. money before family and everything else. As a result, they don't have time for their families and even their friends who are nearby.
Their children grow up and become what they didn't want them to be.
After living this life for years they are forced to look back and think was it worth it?
When living in West you gain some and lose some too.
"Children grow up and become what they didn't want them to be."

Yes, I noticed that too.

This is happening in America too?

Definitely ISI global saazish to take back Bangladesh

1645926652456.png

Last edited:
I think this is the experience of a lot of my expat Pakistani friends and mine:
We would really really REALLY like to live in Pakistan with peace of mind. The main things that prevent that from happening are:
1. Lack of economic opportunities
2. Law and Order - by which I mean that some rich guy in a vigo can mess you up on the road because you tried following road rules. Just for example.

What these things are a symptom of are clear to all of us and pointed out by @Bilal Khan (Quwa).

Yes it sounds selfish that we are choosing a comfortable life over a an uncomfortable life and choosing not to try to fix our country. But on some level we've made the calculation that Pakistan is NOT going to improve by our suffering.

I'd focus less on what expatriate Pakistanis think and more on why we have expatriate Pakistanis to begin with.

It's one thing if Pakistanis were working or studying abroad temporarily with the aim to return home. But why is it that we have a growing dual-national population? Simply put, it's because our government establishment in Pakistan is so bad at its job (we're beyond corruption at this point), that we have people who'd rather live a substandard life in the West than be a son of a soil.

That's the actual problem.

Moreover, I wouldn't make it a 'expatriate vs local Pakistani' thing either. Ultimately, everyone except for the very wealthy in Pakistan wants to leave the country. The fact that OP started this thread tells us that the question's on his mind. Your average Canadian, American, British, French, etc would never ask themselves that question, much less consider it.

To be frank, unless those with power and influence fix Pakistan, our country's going to slowly sink. I'm not going to say "WE" should change it because, to be honest, we can't. We just can't. Our nation's vote doesn't get us anywhere. Our complaining doesn't move a needle. What's left? It's those who dabble in the DHAs, the corruption, and the wider clown show. They need to grow up and give a damn. Yet they too are looking to leave Pakistan (look at how many of their kids live abroad).

Our country isn't ruled by those who truly love it and, as a result, we're all paying the price.
Even Chinese and Japanese don't do dual nationals. This is hardly not a surprise.

I don't know a single poor taxi driver. If you know one then he's a lazy bum. If life gives you a chance visit Mirpur or Dadyal AJK and see the second homes built by taxi drivers. Even in the villages we have palaces.

There are poor people in our community but most people are just poor on paper for the taxman.

Thier houses in the ghetto have expensive German cars parked outside and are fitted with the latest modcons inside.

A lot of people have gone legit so they can move to suburbia.
Taxi drivers can make houses in Pakistan but what can they make in the west? It also depends on what country you are talking about. UK taxi drivers are known to be more progressive but that is also a thing of the past as taxi driving has been degraded in recent times everywhere due to a flood of Indians coming to the west.
It is nowadays known as a dirty job where drivers are exploited and abused and have to work long hours to make decent money. It is preferred by those who can't do anything else.

This is more like illegal stuff which is a huge gamble here as if got caught then they are in big trouble. People do illegal things out of desperation which validates my point that many Pakistanis are desperate workers.

Any more so than the 46% illiterate in Pakistan or the elite burger children?

I don't speak Urdu very well, I speak mirpuri fluently. In Pakistan Urdu is taught to you, outside its not.

The vast majority of expat kids speak thier mother tongue.

I think it's a misconception. There are multi generational people who don't define themselves as Pakistani anymore but on the whole I think we still retain our identity in my opinion.

Yea same I spoke Pashto growing up I learned Urdu on my own. Lots of Pakistani Pashtoons dont teach their kids Urdu they speak to them in Pashto only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom