What's new

In Islamabad: “You can’t eat here because you are Pakistani”

By the way every known franchise is open in Saudi Arabia and UAE , QATER etc
  • They have halal food on menu
  • Pizza Hut 100% halal, McDonalds, KFC , Italian resturants, french resturants
  • They don't stop their citizens from entry to hotel or resturants (Yes they have dress code)
  • They certainly do not refuse service
  • UAE hotels sell drinks to forigners
What is happening in Pakistan , Its ILLEGAL and complaint should be filed in court

The issue is , the Management for the Hotel sees Pakistani Citizens inferior so it does not serves them simple case of discrimination

KSA UAE and Qatar will hang their mullahs upside down in the city center
if they ever take out a violent procession.

You think we do that to our Mullahs?

or

can we ever do that to our Mullahs even if you wanted to do that?

Remember lal masjid

Tell me if any KSA or Qatari or UAE will ever allow goons and ninja turtles from jamia hafsa will ever go even 5 yards let alone shotting dmachine guns from the mosques.

So your exmaple bro is comparing apples to oranges.

This is what the owner had to say:

“By the way this weekend I was reading the ads in the newspaper and all the ads for renting houses in Islamabad were for foreigners and multinational companies only. Swedish villas in Lahore are only rented to foreigners. They refuse Pakistani people. The International club in Lahore and Sindh Club in Karachi do not accept Pakistani people, even as a guest. If I go to the Diplomatic Enclave, all I’ll have to do is show my passport. Whereas you will have to get a ticket, pay the fees and go by bus. The guest house right close to mine is reserved for Chinese people only. I will stop here because I don’t want to waste your time. But yes, there is a lot of discrimination in this country. I just opened this place to give to the people an authentic french cuisine. And it is not compatible with the faith of the people here."

Mate, this is called community planning and human by nature want people nearby them from native place and then don't have to worry about culture, language and other stuff. It is very common in all over the world. Even in certain area of Karachi people like to live area where their community is living example are Memons, Aga khani etc. So chill

i have biggest home of islamabad and i am not gora :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
M_Id_406259_Mamnoon_Hussain.jpg

President-House-of-Pakistan.jpg

cushions_in_bed_room_in_presidents_house.jpg

Ex+Pres+Musharaf%27s+House+in+Pakistan+01.gif

hqdefault.jpg

dinning_table_of_pakistan_president_house.jpg
King Louis wants his furniture back.

Why some Pakistani posters are getting their panties in a bunch on such a trivial issue.

Every major restaurant around the world and every major airport in 80% countries serve halal/haram thing at the same place.

Why then we have to go crazy on someone opening a restaurant in Pakistan?

Really really childish discussion. Sorry to say.,
Not hip to the hop on Halal food....but wouldn't they have to have two separate kitchens to do that (I'm basing this off my understanding of "kosher" food)

King Louis wants his furniture back.
)

FYI some of these pictures are not from the presidency. Been there and it is not even close to the extravagant as the pictures show.

Not hip to the hop on Halal food....but wouldn't they have to have two separate kitchens to do that (I'm basing this off my understanding of "kosher" food)

That's correct.

This thread and the OP is just bunch of twitterers twittering.

Is escargot bad? :azn: I have no idea - me a veggie :angel:

If you like eating snails then you will enjoy it.

But according to him, the security of the eatery is more important than letting the local people in. Ironical but true.

His business is on the public road, not diplomatic enclave. Actually he is less secure there then he would be in the diplomatic compound. And our Government can provide security just fine thank you very much.

This thread and the OP is just bunch of twitterers twittering.

Cyril is just a "twitter, twittering"?

The problem is simple, in a free country , you expect to go freely to any resturant
you also expect to go to any villa or own a nice appartment by sea.

There is an issue of allowing freedom to eat and freedom to live to Pakistani citizen and that is against the rules of country infact it can be challenged in court of law by sueing the resturant or hotel

You can't deny services to Pakistani citizen, specially in Pakistan.

The smaller issue is , well will they object to pork , un halal meat or wine or drinks , that is a personal issue , you don't need to show your passport for it.

Hotel/Resturant is not a Airport !!!

In end a Pakistani must have Full Right to eat what he wants , and drink what he wants, the resturant should maintain seperate cleaning areas for washing or cooking Pork vs Halal food.

French food can be also Halal French Food , don't have to be French Bigot in order to enjoy french food

Now if some JI guys do protest against the resturant , government must provide protection to the hotels and resturants.

By the way every known franchise is open in Saudi Arabia and UAE , QATER etc
  • They have halal food on menu
  • Pizza Hut 100% halal, McDonalds, KFC , Italian resturants, french resturants
  • They don't stop their citizens from entry to hotel or resturants (Yes they have dress code)
  • They certainly do not refuse service
  • UAE hotels sell drinks to forigners
What is happening in Pakistan , Its ILLEGAL and complaint should be filed in court

The issue is , the Management for the Hotel sees Pakistani Citizens inferior so it does not serves them simple case of discrimination

I think you never visited those places or not went outside. Even a alcohol is easy access in those country and you want pork you can buy pork from local market or you can go to Al Fair and they have a separate section for pork and its product. Even in Islam we can't stop someone not to drink until or unless if he is a Muslim other wise he can live and eat whatever he /she like, but should not disturb the Muslim community. The action of that restaurant is right but method is wrong and that restaurant should declare that it is a non-halal restaurant and can serve any one from any nationality but please don't demand for halal food.

This is what the owner had to say:

The guest house right close to mine is reserved for Chinese people only."

Sheeesh! Pakistanis not allowed? :woot: That sucks, considering that China is Pakistan's big brother! Whatever happened to their 'brotherly love' which is higher than the mountains and deeper than the oceans?

Pakistanis are also not allowed without passes in many of the areas in Pakistan administered Kashmir where the Chinese have settled down permanently under the guise of 'construction activities'.

It's like a guy who comes into my house and throws me out of my living room! :frown: Jeeez!

There's an old joke:

Q: How do you keep Jews out of a country club?
A: Admit one.

As long as the "elites" of Pakistan can get in, they will make sure the riffraff stays away.

Firstly, you need to understand how these mullah-inspired torchings work. Half the time, they are a cover for business vendettas. When they are not business related, the mullahs have an implicit go-ahead from their powerful sponsors.

This restaurant caters to the very elite in Pakistan: foreign diplomats and top-tier Pakistanis. All these people are about as connected as you can get. If there is any harm to their loved ones, the mullah knows he will have the actual army at his doorstep.

Secondly, as I mentioned, exclusive restaurants have been serving alcohol for decades and they haven't burned down. The only thing that gets burned down is the cheap shack serving poorer Pakistanis.

Finally, if safety was really the critical factor, a foreigners-only establishment is also a magnet. It's like putting up a sign saying, "maximize your kaffir-to-Muslim kill ratio".
You made a fair point.:tup:

But I think the owner of the establishment would not have done such an indepth analysis of the why's of burning.
Odds are He would have thought that it is better to be safe than sorry. Better to ban single nationality Pakistani's than chance upon a frenzied mob.
The point still harks back that Pakistani govt and people need to reduce the violent protestations. Protest peacefully. That should make life easier for everyone.

The thing is, selective entry is one thing but this is down right ludicrous, and what i find deeply annoying and vexing is that the same Indians who are crying at western colonial injustice against their diplomat's are laughing at why Pakistanis are upset at being denied entry to a restaurant on their OWN SOIL!
Not Rescue. I think as VChent put it. It might be weird, but there is some perverted rationale behind this action of the restaurant. That is what I and many others can see. Though of course, it is insulting, not just to Pakistani's but to folks everywhere. Harks back to the colonial days - not a pleasant memory for anyone involved.

You guys dont get it do you? What if I opened a restaurant in say India and said Indians without dual nationalities cant dine sorry coz I am selling beef? Make sense?
Talon, Indians by law cannot have dual nationality.
Either you are Indian or you are not. Both feet have to be in one boat - either Indian or British/American/South African/xyz

The best that is done for non Indians is a PIO - Person of Indian Origin. Where these folks are recognized as having Indian heritage or Indian birth and given rights additional rights over a foreigner to buy residential or commercial investment.

Though I do get what you were trying to convey.

Last edited:
But I think the owner of the establishment would not have done such an indepth analysis of the why's of burning.

See, I don't think this is about pork or alcohol at all.
(That Jewish joke about Jews and country clubs says it all.)

The owner knows the south Asian mindset very well and he knows exactly what he is doing.

Aside from foreigners, this restaurant is meant for Pakistani "elite" who desperately want to forget the injustice of being born brown and Pakistani. These people measure their "progressiveness" and "westernization", not by how many poor people they have helped or what they did to fight corruption, but by how many brands of whiskey they have chugged and how many pork dishes they claim to enjoy.

These people want a place where they can pretend they are not in Pakistan, but in some Western country. They would be just as disgusted to see an African ambassador as they would be to see an ordinary Pakistani.

The owner knows the Pakistani elite will protect this place better than they would protect a mosque.

See, I don't think this is about pork or alcohol at all.
(That Jewish joke about Jews and country clubs says it all.)

The owner knows the south Asian mindset very well and he knows exactly what he is doing.

Aside from foreigners, this restaurant is meant for Pakistani "elite" who desperately want to forget the injustice of being born brown and Pakistani. These people measure their "progressiveness" and "westernization", not by how many poor people they have helped or what they did to fight corruption, but by how many brands of whiskey they have chugged and how many pork dishes they claim to enjoy.

These people want a place where they can pretend they are not in Pakistan, but in some Western country. They would be just as disgusted to see an African ambassador as they would be to see an ordinary Pakistani.
There are elites in every country. That 0.001% who own a extra ordinarily large amount of wealth.
We have those in India too.

And Indians and Pakistanis are ridiculously alike at least in all the bad traits. Not even the elite is like what you describe above. That is just not possible. The 'pretend we are not in Pakistan but some Western country' and all.

I get what you are trying to convey, but the example is over the top.

Back
Top Bottom