What's new

Why Do Indians?

If you know English, you would be aware that it has only one alphabet for R. But in Hindi, it has 2 phonetic sounds as in 'Ghar' (House) and 'Ghara' (Pot). To distinguish clearly between the two phonetics, 'Ghara' is spelled as 'Ghada' and hence 'Chorr' should also be spelled as 'Chod'. Similarly, All the words with sounding DH are spelled as RH e.g Mehargadh should be Mehargarh or Chittorgarh. Simple and correct.Those who spell 'Chod' as 'Chorr' are wrong and it speaks about their English knowledge.

Same dialect spelt differently by the Indian source.

Chood Gaye Baalam - Raaj kapoor &Narges

CHOR AYE HUM WO GALIYA

‘Sharafat Chhod Di Maine’

MemsaabStory | Sharafat Chhod Di Maine

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know English, you would be aware that it has only one alphabet for R. But in Hindi, it has 2 phonetic sounds as in 'Ghar' (House) and 'Ghara' (Pot). To distinguish clearly between the two phonetics, 'Ghara' is spelled as 'Ghada' and hence 'Chorr' should also be spelled as 'Chod'. Similarly, All the words with sounding DH are spelled as RH e.g Mehargadh should be Mehargarh or Chittorgarh. Simple and correct.Those who spell 'Chod' as 'Chorr' are wrong and it speaks about their English knowledge.

CHOR AYE HUM WO GALIYA

Pay attention to how word is pronounced in song rather than concentrating on the roman spelling of the word which dont has equivalent alphabet fo it.

CHOR AYE HUM WO GALIYA

Pay attention to how word is pronounced in song rather than concentrating on the roman spelling of the word which dont has equivalent alphabet fo it.

There is no Z sound in Hindi. The Hindi Varnmala has 44 alphabets and nowhere Z is there.
there is already answered it above.

They were added in the past, there was some script review in 50s (not 90s) and use of that is optional, but new generation is preferring to use both of these letters. Many Hindi newspapers of the North still don't use these two symbols.
Its not about generational preference is about correct scholarly pronunciation of the word.If everything is generational preference then there is no need to learn grammar in language class.

Last edited by a moderator:

there is already answered it above.

The word in scrutiny is "CHOR" in all three subjects, and in all three links it sounds same and used for same purpose, I.E, He LEFT me, we have LEFT and I have LEFT/GIVEN UP. !!!

Its not about generational preference is about correct scholarly pronunciation of the word.If everything is generational preference then there is no need to learn grammar in language class.

My Hindi grammar book which I studied at my school taught me these symbols are optional. Also these letters are not included in original Devanagari alphabet from a-gya. :rolleyes:

Windjammer with his nonsense again. He once made a whole thread about this. Very juvenile :disagree:

Pakistanis as well write Chod instead of Chor.

Tharki aise hi hote hain, Bhai.

Windjammer with his nonsense again. He once made a whole thread about this. Very juvenile :disagree:

Pakistanis as well write Chod instead of Chor.

Roybot with his nonsense again....Have you ever chatted with Pakistani in roman urdu? That's your standard that few people on Youtube put CHOD and you are consistently telling us pakistanis use this spelling.... There is 20+ Pakistani here, chat with anyone and than tell us if any one use CHOD or CHOR,

The word in scrutiny is "CHOR" in all three subjects, and in all three links it sounds same and used for same purpose, I.E, He LEFT me, we have LEFT and I have LEFT/GIVEN UP. !!!
most near representation i make in roman is "chhod"..but ist confusing so really representation is when language is written in its own script. anything else is just gonna make itlike tooti phooti.

My Hindi grammar book which I studied at my school taught me these symbols are optional. Also these letters are not included in original Devanagari alphabet from a-gya. :rolleyes:
then you 've never paid attention .youcan check any grammar book even today.

i sure will, do you want me to ask my master anything for u?

indians ranked last in global PISA scores... i dont understand how you are epitome of smartness...

Oh really ! What is RANK of PAK ? No rank mean NO IQ ???? hahahahaha

These tests are just about prepration and How BIG MUGGER you are about ? its dosen't decide real world abilities of Students.

practicaly Indian students have highest demand is corporate world than any other nation. They leave in dust their counterparts.
Chinese population is Much more than Indians In us But indian are much ahead in corporate field.

you will get many CEO and Founders & inventers from india.

Roybot with his nonsense again....Have you ever chatted with Pakistani in roman urdu? That's your standard that few people on Youtube put CHOD and you are consistently telling us pakistanis use this spelling.... There is 20+ Pakistani here, chat with anyone and than tell us if any one use CHOD or CHOR,

No one is asking you to use anything. There is no need to make a song and dance about something as trivial as this. It doesn't really matter how its written in roman alphabets, if you have a perverted mind you ll read it wrong, if you don't then no problem whatsoever.

Its very silly and least expected from grown as middle aged men.

Yea, nonsense indeed, you couldn't come up there with a decent explanation then and here you are cherry picking to save face.
Here are some Pakistani sources. Rather than posting videos, i have just copied the titles.

muhabbat chor denge hum (woh bewafa).flv

Chor fikr duniya ki- Al Haaj Yusuf Memon

Kyun Chor Gaye Rastay.. Atif Aslam

No one is asking you to use anything. There is no need to make a song and dance about something as trivial as this. It doesn't really matter how its written in roman alphabets, if you have a perverted mind you ll read it wrong, if you don't then no problem whatsoever.

Its very silly and least expected from grown as middle aged men.

That's what we Pakistanis are trying to tell you from last 13 pages, It's not the perverted mind.... There is D sound in our grammer, So how can we read CHOD as CHHOR in first attempt? how can we differentiate D and R sound when both exist in our grammar? Grammar is there to make thing easy not to complicate things.

Yea, nonsense indeed, you couldn't come up there with a decent explanation then and here you are cherry picking to save face.
Here are some Pakistani sources. Rather than posting videos, i have just copied the titles.

muhabbat chor denge hum (woh bewafa).flv

Chor fikr duniya ki- Al Haaj Yusuf Memon

Kyun Chor Gaye Rastay.. Atif Aslam

Yah right.

Dil ko jalana humne chod diya - Ahmed Rushdi - Waheed murad - Mohabbat zindagi hai-posted by Marya Miffat

Attaullah Khan Sad GhazaL (( Humein Chod Piya Kis Des Gaye )) - Posted by JARAL786KZ

chod fikr duniya ki by alhaaj owais raza quadri- Posted by Naser Afia

Mohabbat Chod Denge Hum (Woh Bewafa) - Posted by Mohsin Bhatti

Saya bhi saath jab chodd jaye aisi hai tanhai (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)- Posted by Khurram DBG

Atif Aslam - Hum Chod Gaye-Posted by Mehboob28

Thats your problem if u use different script for writing urdu. better use correct script.And there is nothing like roman urdu there is only urdu. i even dont recommend writing urdu in devnagri script.so if you do chatting better use english to converse. and if other person at other end dont know english ask him to sit with english-urdu dictionary instead of creating confusion.:enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom