What's new

Why Do Indians?

Why do Indians pronounce "jee" instead of "zee"?

Like Zoo they would pronounce Joo :rofl: :lol: :lol:

For the same reason why Arabs pronounce Pakistan as B*akistan.

On a serious note that is because there is no 'z' sound in many Indian languages and instead it is replaced with the 'j' sound.

For the same reason why Arabs pronounce Pakistan as B*akistan.

On a serious note that is because there is no 'z' sound in many Indian languages and instead it is replaced with the 'j' sound.
there is z sound in hindi.

Why do Indians pronounce "jee" instead of "zee"?

Like Zoo they would pronounce Joo :rofl: :lol: :lol:
In bengali theres no z alphabet.
So,its quite natural as this has been passed on through generations.

Z is optional in Hindi, we can use both zaroori or jaroori.
The ज़ sound and ऑ sound are not optional check hindi grammar book.They were added into hindi alphabets as i remember around 1990.

why indians pronounce Chhor ker as Chodke? it gives a very bad impression.

well it all depends on ur mind what you want to read.isn't it.problem is not the use o"d" "r" what you trying to write the word in some other script say roman which doesnt have proper alphabet to represent that sound so what u do is to read as whats already implanted in ur brain. and someone will read it as correctly.so its not the spelling in roman but its the brain on which the bad impression falls.

Is it pronunciation or writing? I dont know what Chhor means? (where r is pronounced as in 'car')
Chor means thief, right?

Is it pronunciation or writing? I dont know what Chhor means? (where r is pronounced as in 'car')
Chor means thief, right?
problem is he is trying to read hindi in english thinking about the influence of urdu hence what he gets in his brain is total khichdi.

The ज़ sound and ऑ sound are not optional check hindi grammar book.They were added into hindi alphabets as i remember around 1990.

They were added in the past, there was some script review in 50s (not 90s) and use of that is optional, but new generation is preferring to use both of these letters. Many Hindi newspapers of the North still don't use these two symbols.

You are the first Pakistani I have seen who is using hh.

If you know English, you would be aware that it has only one alphabet for R. But in Hindi, it has 2 phonetic sounds as in 'Ghar' (House) and 'Ghara' (Pot). To distinguish clearly between the two phonetics, 'Ghara' is spelled as 'Ghada' and hence 'Chorr' should also be spelled as 'Chod'. Similarly, All the words with sounding DH are spelled as RH e.g Mehargadh should be Mehargarh or Chittorgarh. Simple and correct. Those who spell 'Chod' as 'Chorr' are wrong and it speaks about their English knowledge.

They were added in the past, there was some script review in 50s (not 90s) and use of that is optional, but new generation is preferring to use both of these letters. Many Hindi newspapers of the North still don't use these two symbols.

You are the first Pakistani I have seen who is using hh.

Some indian told me instead of chod, most of us write Chhor now a days.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom