What's new

Why Do Bangladeshis Support Pakistan?

After introduction of Sachin, India also picked a big fan base in Bangladesh.
Afterall nobody wanted to support cows.

West indies also had some supporters. But by the time TV got popularity west indies declined

It is the cows who brought you to the test statuse..Otherwise, BD would be struggling to play any international cricket...At least Ireland and Afganistan are better team to be with Test status than BD..

Any way coming to the topic, it is just a matter of feeling good...When a nation does not have anything to proud of in the sports, then they just pick up something...It is same for BD...Because of the so called Umma concept( which is visible clearly).....they always choose Pakistan in cricket....That is another reason, also Indians always watch cricket....Because India does not have anything else to feel proud of too...

Some support pakistan because they belive in muslim solidarity, others mainly support pakistan to piss indians off...but most support pakistan to piss the AL gov off who love the indians.
In today's world there r permament interests & no permament friends
Well I never knew the AL gov is in love with the Indians

In today's world there r permament interests & no permament friends
Well I never knew the AL gov is in love with the Indians

They are idologically close to the congress party ever since the independence period. The leaders are commonlly known to have a personal dislike of pakistan, and as a result their close relations to india.

The general public on the other hand is split into a number of camps, the older generation who remember 71 and support the AL have a blind affection to india, and will always support them. Then there are those post 71 generation who tend to be more nationalistic, do not have much affection for india and are more pragmatic. Then there are those who view the need to support any muslim nation regardless.

Not all people will remain in one camp or the other, the way they think of our neighbours will vary with time and situation.

But one thing is certain, the number of people that support india, are declining as time takrs its toll.

We support for many reason one is Pakistan had some iconic cricketer(Wasim imran shoib akter ingi etc.) which we lacks ti. i hardly remember how many boundary over boundary made by Bangladeshi Batsman when our cricket get a new hype in 1997 icc championship though the team have improve significantly Bangladeshis love for those iconic heroes and their team didn't fade away . second reason might be political and religious .after 1971 India become a problem country for Bangladesh and ultimately the genocide issues or atrocity issues were becoming part of history and India's behavior towards Bangladesh become major issues so in Cricket supporting Pakistan is some kind answer to India's behavior toward Bangladesh . another reason is we are two brotherly country so a brother will support his brother in any fight it is natural.

Depends on the game.

Some members of the Indian cricketing community were being real schmucks ever since Bangladesh joined international cricket in the eyes of several young Bangladeshi cricket fans. So, do not be surprised if Bangladeshis tend to support Pakistan over India in a India vs. Pakistan match.

Sachin Tendulkar is an icon here though.

Not so sure about the politics part. I don't think sports and politics mix.

Thread title is vague, is it sports or politically? Pakistan have players such as Afridi who have become a culture in Bangladesh. Our country is polarized. You have many camps like the chap said, older generation, 55 and above who will remember the shongram very clearly, but some of them will lean towards India and then you have the oldies who actually hate Pakistan but like them too. Love/hate thing I guess. You have very extreme secularists in Bangladesh who will bash Pakistan for anything and everything, they are the ones who are usually ignored lmao.

The younger generation do not even believe in nationalism, lol. Although they are very protective of their country. This is my experience I guess.

As Muslims in western countries we cannot just ignore each other. When you have a large PAK and BD community we go to the mosques, same schools, etc...

Bangladeshi Muslims and I can vouch for others too, we enjoy having a distinct identity. Muslim Bengal has always been a separate region. Islam entered very uniquely in comparison to N India and other places. Muhammed Bin Qaasim is just the official theory.

They are idologically close to the congress party ever since the independence period. The leaders are commonlly known to have a personal dislike of pakistan, and as a result their close relations to india.

The general public on the other hand is split into a number of camps, the older generation who remember 71 and support the AL have a blind affection to india, and will always support them. Then there are those post 71 generation who tend to be more nationalistic, do not have much affection for india and are more pragmatic. Then there are those who view the need to support any muslim nation regardless.

Not all people will remain in one camp or the other, the way they think of our neighbours will vary with time and situation.

But one thing is certain, the number of people that support india, are declining as time takrs its toll.
Well I do understand,the younger generation don't carry 1971 Baggage. I agree with what u have written

Most Pakistanis consider themselves as either of Arab origin or from Central Asia. (Hmmmm...self esteem issues?)

Wait, what? Time to get your head out of your rear-end, my friend.

--

In the UK most BDeshi's support India over Pakistan any day.

You're a Pakistani at heart, my brother :cheers: (lassi, not beer)

Bangladesh zindabad, long live pakistan.

NO
Bangladeshi Nationalism is Dying = Khaleda Zia, Whereas
Bengali Nationalism Prospering = Hasina Wajid

Do not give up yet. So long there are muslim, Bangladeshi nationalism will not die out.

After all, the two nation theory has not sunken in the bay of Bengal as Indira boasted.

Allama Iqbal has an answer to your question:

View attachment 193063

Apni Millat Par Qiyas Aqwam-e-Maghrib Se Na Kar
Khas Hai Tarkeeb Mein Qoum-e-Rusool-e-Hashmi

Judge not your nation on the criteria of Western nations
Special in composition is the Hashimi Prophet’s nation

It is this (qoum Rasool e Hashmi) what gives our enemies sleepless nights.

Well said sir, very well said!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom