What's new

Why some Bangladeshis support Pakistan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why....we were 52% of the population....we already separated from west bengal in '05...If the partition had not been annulled due to pressure from Hindu businessmen we probably would not have realized why we had to support our Muslim identity for our survival....and if we hadn't supported our Muslim identity we probably wouldn't have voted for Pakistan.And Pakistan without 52% of its later population has a pretty good chance of never having been materialized!Also Punjabis(second largest ethnic community of Pakistan) had supported Unionists over ML so we(the majority of Pakistanis) obviously had something to do with the creation of the state!

Not quite !

Indian provincial elections, 1946 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , Wake Up, Smell the Coffee: Provincial elections India 1946

As you can see from both the sources that the Muslim League won in Punjab whereas the Unionist Votes are even less than those for the Sikh Parties !

Is this the recency effect talking or am I missing something?
When AL was voted back to power with a crushing majority, was the result just reflective of "no alternative available"?
Whatever the answer is , the question remains- According to your opinion who commands 70% +of the people support (time frame being irrelevant)?

40% are swingers. 60% are shared equally by the two parties. At present near 60% people support BNP as evident by all the city corporation poll. Hasina knows if she allows a free and fair election, BNP-JAMAT will come to power. And Jamat will take revenge on her. This is why she doesnt want to leave power to a caretaker Govt. BNP knows its their year and they dont want to share parliament seats with Hasina. Hence the stalemate.

You are mistaken. They didn't do anything. British were going to leave India anyway, sooner than later. They could no longer afford to keep such vast colonies in the aftermath of WW II

A lot of British colonies got independence in late 1940s and 1950s.

So they might not have left in 1947, but they would have left anyway down the road. The question is, how soon?

Agreed.....but the loss of India was that main straw that led to the collapse of BritishYup independence would have still be achieved without these men but somewhere around 1960's or 1970's with each nation far behind the rest of the globalized world....nonetheless these men gave the independence of 1947 whether you agree or not.

Pran-Potato.jpg

True also true If there had been no gandhi,no nehru people would have beat the crap out of the brits!You know....Colonial forces do not actually care about what you think and neither do they need you co-operation....they just need you to shut up....thanks again to congress for 'non-coperating' with the brits when Bengali farmers were dying of famine!

Very well said! Now go on, tell them how only the Muslim League members went to jail, and no one from Congress ever faced prison when opposing the Brits.

Time to show them the Bangladeshi truth... now! :sniper:

Very well said! Now go on, tell them how only the Muslim League members went to jail, and no one from Congress ever faced prison when opposing the Brits.

Time to show them the Bangladeshi truth... now! :sniper:
Congress was founded by a Brit to do slave duty..
Founded in 1885 claiming that it had the objective of obtaining a greater share in government for educated Indians was created to form a platform for civic and political dialogue of educated Indians with the British Raj

It succeeded

ML was founded by Indian Muslims to form separate Muslim states....

It succeeded!

Congress was founded by a Brit to do slave duty..
Founded in 1885 claiming that it had the objective of obtaining a greater share in government for educated Indians was created to form a platform for civic and political dialogue of educated Indians with the British Raj

It succeeded

ML was founded by Indian Muslims to form separate Muslim states....

It succeeded!

Oh, so you are saying Jinnah was a traitor to have joined Congress and Gandhi along with Nehru. I get it. Takes time to learn History Bangladeshi style - sorry about that.

In India we are taught a very distorted version of history you know...

In India they say that one of the foremost proponents of Pakistan was Syed Ahmad Khan and he was Knighted by the Brits for his exemplary services to the Crown... of course it's a lie, isn't it?

Then they say that almost all Congress leaders went to jail while protesting against the British rule, but Jinnah and other ML members never faced jail, very clever - I respect that - seriously!

Oh well, the lies we are taught in India :disagree:

Wrong.......nahru, gandhi.....secured independence for india, which also included pakistan, bangladesh.

r u insane ?? gandhi , nahru and etc was against two nation theory .

Thats another intresting way too look at it.

Oh, so you are saying Jinnah was a traitor to have joined Congress and Gandhi along with Nehru. I get it. Takes time to learn History Bangladeshi style - sorry about that.

In India we are taught a very distorted version of history you know...

In India they say that one of the foremost proponents of Pakistan was Syed Ahmad Khan and he was Knighted by the Brits for his exemplary services to the Crown... of course it's a lie, isn't it?

Then they say that almost all Congress leaders went to jail while protesting against the British rule, but Jinnah and other ML members never faced jail, very clever - I respect that - seriously!

Oh well, the lies we are taught in India :disagree:

Congress and ML had distinct goals......While congress said they will free India through 'non-operation'(forgetting they were formed to co-operate) they failed....the Brits didn't give a crap about it.

ML's goal was to create states for Muslims....they succeeded....And yes Jinnah was wrong to have joined congress and that's why he left.
Congress was a mistake to begin with....unfortunately it took us to realize that!Heck it was too late when Bose realized that!

Congress and ML had distinct goals......While congress said they will free India through 'non-operation'(forgetting they were formed to co-operate) they failed....the Brits didn't give a crap about it.

ML's goal was to create states for Muslims....they succeeded....And yes Jinnah was wrong to have joined congress and that's why he left.
Congress was a mistake to begin with....unfortunately it took us to realize that!Heck it was too late when Bose realized that!

Congress' goal of "Free India" failed, yes, there is a British flag on Indian Parliament!

Yes, pathetic Congress... it ended up with the largest democracy in the world. What a failure! Rather, look at Jinnah's Pakistan - first there was one, now there are two... on each side of India :lol:

Thanks man, it was fun talking to you.

Congress' goal of "Free India" failed, yes, there is a British flag on Indian Parliament!

Yes, pathetic Congress... it ended up with the largest democracy in the world. What a failure! Rather, look at Jinnah's Pakistan - first there was one, now there are two... on each side of India :lol:

Thanks man, it was fun talking to you.
You would have to be one of the special kind of people to actually believe that 'Congress drove the Brits away'.....I mean it makes so much sense...England was at the height of economic power after the WW2(sarcasm)....England was not devastated from German bombs and rockets....What a great time for super-duper Congress and 'non-cooperation' movement to actually 'win' against the brits....

Freedom movement=you are killing my people....I will give my life to stop you!

'Non-cooperation movement'=you are killing my people....I won't help you!(yep...sounds reasonable)

You would have to be one of the special kind of people to actually believe that 'Congress drove the Brits away'.....I mean it makes so much sense...England was at the height of economic power after the WW2(sarcasm)....England was not devastated from German bombs and rockets....What a great time for super-duper Congress and 'non-cooperation' movement to actually 'win' against the brits....

Freedom movement=you are killing my people....I will give my life to stop you!

'Non-cooperation movement'=you are killing my people....I won't help you!(yep...sounds reasonable)

Why are you so against the British rule, your very own founder of the idea of Pakistan was Knighted by the British crown for servicing the British Empire with undiluted loyalty. Why don't you walk his line? It's not nice you know, to not learn from your 'respected' elders.

Why are you so against the British rule, your very own founder of the idea of Pakistan was Knighted by the British crown for servicing the British Empire with undiluted loyalty. Why don't you walk his line? It's not nice you know, to not learn from your 'respected' elders.

I am against British rule....I am not against knighthoods......I do not agree with his loyalty to the British empire....I agree with TNT...I do not blindly follow other people's views....unlike you know those who think not helping an aggressor is heroic!

I am against British rule....I am not against knighthoods......I do not agree with his loyalty to the British empire....I agree with TNT...I do not blindly follow other people's views....unlike you know those who think not helping an aggressor is heroic!

Well, if you agree with TNT, then I agree with C-4, for whatever you mean.

Now, do you know when was Syed Ahmad Khan Knighted by the Crown? 1880! Yes sir, when the British Empire had its firm hold on India and your Bengali brethren were dying from the artificially created famine. At that time, this man, the foremost proponent of Pakistan, was in London getting Knighted and dining with those very people who had blessed Bengal with that famine.

But somehow, it is that itsy bitsy Congress with no strength at all that was the flawed idea, right?

"Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it", was not spoken by a Muslim League leader. Those were the words of Bal Gangadhar Tilak, and your very own beloved Jinnah joined him with that. It is another story that when time came to fill the prisons as a protest, Jinnah left for a foreign tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom