What's new

Whatever

Okay ........ lets first define and agree on protection against what and whom? Humans?

Humans or aliens. The point is a thing is protected by higher domains. A hint is enough.

Madrassa people are utilizing their energies when they can and should do that on other things. Same goes for the army. There are other fronts to serve, or simply don't serve. But don't over serve.

Humans or aliens. The point is a thing is protected by higher domains. A hint is enough.

Madrassa people are utilizing their energies when they can and should do that on other things. Same goes for the army. There are other fronts to serve, or simply don't serve. But don't over serve.

You want to pitch angels against humans? You are totally negating the human effort and struggle necessary for the earthly matters. ALLAH has also promised the Rizq so lets stop all the farming effort Salik bai?

He was good for nothing cocky brat, cruel, misogynist, domineering, sexual predator and money grabbing toad who gave lot of people heartburn. Not a good guy. But I am still close to him.
:rofl:
WAS?
I think he still IS! :angel::angel::angel::D

@I.R.A sir as we know that the holy Quran is protected by Almighty God Himself, when He says:

"Indeed it is We who have sent down the reminder (the Qur'an), and indeed it is Us who shall preserve it" (Surah Al-Hijr 15:9).

Then, when we talk about madrassa reforms, why do madrassa people start having angina?
Salik have you studied and researched what is meant by "Indeed it is We who have sent down the reminder (the Qur'an), and indeed it is Us who shall preserve it" (Surhave ah Al-Hijr 15:9)??

It is NOT that some angels will come from heaven wielding swords to protect the Quran? It is us people who have been tasked to do that and Allah have created a system by offering highest reward to protect the Quran? The system is Hafiz-e-Quran!!! Millions of people learn Quran by heart Allah have promised high reward for it. With millions of hearts carrying Quran in them, it is protected and unlike old religious manuscripts cannot be altered with (though people attempt and try to misinterpret it still at some times). This is how Quran have been preserved by Allah.

As for madrassa reforms and the people crying about any such thing, they are just doing so because they fear they will lose a system earning healthy profits (in some cases, though there are many good examples as well) for them. Otherwise, a well sort out reform will only help our social structure and education system. It is required and will ONLY bring good if planned and executed properly.

So this notion that our army will stay in Saudi Arabia to protect the holy places is against the faith.
Again, it is HUMANS, us people who are tasked to carry out these duties! Allah wont send ababeels to protect these countries, he will try us to see who sides with right and who sits with wrong!

Lolz Faisalabadies!!
At it again!

It looks to me a madrassa are being financed. the pakistani establishment is fine with the financing of these schools. The subcontinent has a historical literacy rate of 10%. it is a modern trend nothing to do with tradition
True!

like chief justice of Pakistan I feel like clarifying myself to my respected fellow members. people dont hold back when you feel like arguing with me, just stay within in the confines of common decency I am just another forum member if I engage with you. moderation is put aside.

my arguments and agreements start and end within the topic of discussion. I believe that I don't hold any ill will to anyone and I also claim that I don't go on a personal vendetta to automatically hate on someone due tyo differing view points.

I respect all other nationalities and have learnt a lot. including everyone from middle east on all different view points Arabs, Israelis, Persians , Turks you are all awesome in your own right.
and then there are notable Americans I respect as well.

but my favorites are people from the east. I feel at home with Indians, I feel I can frankly talk with them I admire your contribution, love your arguments, respect your passion and patriotism bless you

like chief justice of Pakistan I feel like clarifying myself to my respected fellow members. people dont hold back when you feel like arguing with me, just stay within in the confines of common decency I am just another forum member if I engage with you. moderation is put aside.

my arguments and agreements start and end within the topic of discussion. I believe that I don't hold any ill will to anyone and I also claim that I don't go on a personal vendetta to automatically hate on someone due tyo differing view points.

I respect all other nationalities and have learnt a lot. including everyone from middle east on all different view points Arabs, Israelis, Persians , Turks you are all awesome in your own right.
and then there are notable Americans I respect as well.

but my favorites are people from the east. I feel at home with Indians, I feel I can frankly talk with them I admire your contribution, love your arguments, respect your passion and patriotism bless you

And bless you right back!

What happened, Chief? Someone implying you would pull rank on them? Silly thing to suggest.

And bless you right back!

What happened, Chief? Someone implying you would pull rank on them? Silly thing to suggest.
no one suggested that I have been lucky unlike our Chief Justice who is facing media criticism by Nawaz league politicians over his decisions and suggestions that he is working on orders from GHQ, he got so vexed over it that during a conference with the Lawyers he said no one dares to dictate the judiciary and even that line was picked by N league trollish politicians and used against him in a mocking way.

I couldn't find any other way to express my gratitude to fellow members specially the Indians. ideological and political differences aside we are decent peace loving respectful people who love their families their friends and all those around them.

I’ve always found the myth of the lonely, haunted mountain in Pakistan’s deserted, sparsely populated Balochistan province to be one of the most captivating myths of our country.

Balochistan is a largely empty province with small pockets of settlements in extremely remote areas. The capital city of the province is Quetta and was once a dusty frontier town (some would argue that not much has changed).

Quetta city is in a valley and as kids we would go out to play in the evenings under the watchful eye of the large, wild and untamed mountains that surrounded us. I could walk out the door and just walk to base of one of these mountains. Quetta is the embodiment of a frontier city, far from the settled areas to the north and east of the country side and sitting in a lonely desert perch between Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The land around it is sparse, empty and isolated compared to the dense population of the Punjab and so on.

Quetta’s mountains too are not like the picturesque, family friendly, tourist friendly and welcoming natural beauties like the ones we have in our northern areas. They are brown, dusty, murky behemoths with an unwelcoming, unnerving aura. I remember when the Dusk time, Maghrib prayers would sound and we would all walk home from our play sessions. How i’d look over my shoulder to those mountains in the distance, ever present and ever watching. No lush green skin covered them and no bright lights to mark elevated restauraunts. Just the mountain, pure and wild and untamed. Brown, dusty, marked with gashes and scars. Unusually shaped and isolated, their very visage a kind of tyranny upon the entire city. Like a silent colossus that watches a city but never interacts with it or gives any sign of it’s intentions.

It would therefore make sense that the myths that surrounded these mountains also gave off the same sense of unease and macabre as the mountains themselves.

1. Koh-e-Chiltan (The Mountain of Forty Bodies)

The story has different forms but this is a generally accepted version:

A frugal couple, married for many years, were unblessed with offspring. They therefore sought the advice of a holy man, who rebuked the wife, saying that he had not the power to grant her what Heaven had denied. The priest's son, however (also a mullah), felt convinced he could satisfy her wishes, and cast forty pebbles into her lap, at the same time praying that she might bear children.

In process of time she was delivered of forty babies rather more than she wished or knew how to provide for. The poor husband at his wits' end ascended to the summit of Chehel-Tan with thirty-nine and left them there trusting to the mercy of the Deity to provide for them while the fortieth baby was brought up under the paternal roof.

One day, however, touched by remorse the wife unknown to her husband explored the mountain with the object of collecting the bones of her children and burying them. To her surprise, they were all living and gambolling among the trees and rocks.

Wild with joy she ran back to her dwelling brought out the fortieth babe and placing it on the summit of the mountain left it there for a night to allure back its brothers but on returning in the morning she found that the latter had carried it off and it was never seen again. It is by the spirits of these forty babies that Chehel-Tan is said to be haunted.

Koh-i-Chiltan - Wikipedia

The haunted Koh-e-Chiltan in Quetta – beauty with a legend - News Pakistan

2. Koh-e-Murdar (The mountain of the dead)

Koh-e-Murdar, or the mountain of the dead/mountain of the corpses, is perhaps the most easily identifiable of the mountains around Quetta.

Perhaps because of it’s strange peaks. Koh-e-Murdar has 4 peaks in close formation that make it look extremely different from the rest of the mountains and lends it an unusual shape.

To me, it always looked like teeth on a lower jaw.

raaskohX10's most recent Flickr photos

Koh-e-Murdar’s legend is told orally by the people of the city as well as the surrounding villagers.

It tells of a Witch who lives in the mountain, half beast like a sickly horse and half human with deformed teeth, tongue, arms and grey filmy eyes.

At Dusk, whenever the sun would set, the witch would make her way out of the jaws of Koh-e-Murdar and crawl across the mountain side to make her way into the outskirts of the city. There she would hunt stray animals and lost little children, not killing them outright, but seizing them and taking them back into the mountain.

There, the witch would lick the soles of the children’s feet till their skin and muscle peeled away and they were unable to escape. All the while staring at you with her dead, grey eyes. Those unable to escape would slowly be eaten piece by piece till there was nothing of you left and the witch would set out for her hunt one more time.

I can’t tell you how many times, walking back home as a kid, light fading around us as the sun set, i’d look over to the mountain again and again. Straining my eyes to see if i could see a black shadow emerge from the jaw of the mountain and make it’s slow, crawling descent to the base. This is not a mountain i could turn my back on.

Pakistan has plenty of upbeat, colorful myths involving romance like Sassi - Panno ( A Romeo and Juliet type story) and so on. And sure, if you wanna have a good time, you can tell that around a campfire and reenact it in school plays.

But i can never forget Quetta’s mountains and the myths that surrounded them. As an adult, I've theorized that maybe those myths got made up to stop children in ancient and recent times from going to the mountains to explore them (as children are prone to do). The mountains have several dangerous crevices, predators and venomous insects that could easily cripple or kill a child. The stories could also be a reflection of the difficult geography of the land. The harsh living conditions with little food or water and constant threats from bandits and predators in old times may have resulted in tribes losing children and members to the harsh elements. The myths could simply be reflections of this. Geography shaping culture and lore as it were.

The 40 souls of the Koh-e-Chiltan may just be the number of children lost to the mountain’s perilous falls and terrain, or children lost during droughts. The witch of Koh-e-Murdar may just be the ancient lions, cheetahs and leopards that once roamed this land and preyed upon the lost tribesmen.

Pretty good, rational explanations. I often congratulate myself for having deduced them.

And yet, even while typing this answer, i can barely recall any of the other Myths of Pakistan. I can’t even remember what the hell Sassi-Panno was all about.

What i can remember are my velcro-strapped shoes crunching in the sand as i walked home at dusk, the day light dying around me. My cricket bat slung over my shoulder. The cold valley air on my neck. The quick, furtive glances at Koh-e-Murdar trying to see if i could make out a moving shadow across it’s purple visage in the dusk light. Straining my ears to see if i could hear children laughing as the wind blew towards me from Koh-e-Chiltan, carrying the sounds of the mountain. All i could hear was the low pulsing sound of the wind. Somehow, the silence was always worse. It’s been nearly decades since I've gone back there. But I've never forgotten those mountains, those stories and how they made me feel as a child. How they still make me feel as an adult.

balochistan

Our blue sierras shone serene, sublime,
When ghostly shapes came crowding up the air,
Shadowing the landscape with some vast despair;

….

And all was still save for the vesper chime
From far, faint belfry bathed in creamy light,
And the soft footfalls of the coming night

Usama Ahmed .

Are you 5? Why have you shared a post from one thread in another thread? If you have an issue with me kindly contain in the original thread. Also Please review your own posts where you have made highly offensive, insulting and derogatory remarks towards me.

I refuse to engage with you any further, you clearly have some issues that need to be addressed by your family and loved ones.
Don't worry about what I do :lol:

She's a feminist who believes Pakistan should not exist and must be absorbed by India. She also wants to marry a Hindu Indian. Don't be shocked.

1. I am not Hindu (not that it matters even if I were, Hindu's are human)
2. I am not Indian, in fact far from it.
3. What is wrong about being a feminist?

Back
Top Bottom