What's new

What would escalate war with Iran?

@ atatwolf:

The current situation is fine for KSA. We do not have ANY reason to go to war with Israel or Iran or any other country. We are enjoying the oil prices :)
Many people in this forum want to enjoy the war of others.
But if USA says, the Saudi's are going to war, your oil kings and leadership won't say no. With all respect of course.

Iran shouldn't have a nuke. This is the best for everybody. Iran getting nuked can lead to far bigger problems. Risking total war is worth it. Actually total war is not necessary is Americans prepare a swift attack.They will definitely take advantage of other people in the neighborhood who have mutual interests.

Its just funny how military fanboys are talking like they know what will happen. Fanboys like Atawolf, who lives comfortably in Holland, and talks about war like if its a walk in the park.

We are talking about war for God's sake. A huge regional war that will affect millions of lives, and will probably even cross the Iranian border. The whole regional could be in flames; civil war in Iraq between Kurds, Sunnis and Shias, in Turkey the Kurds (PKK) could start a offensive, Afghanistan could be in flames, so as countries as Lebanon, Bahrein, Israel (Gaza), etc. I'm just astonished how people in this topic are looking at it as if it would be short-war, lasting one or two months, and everything being normal again after that. No, just no. One big shithole could be opened if it starts.

Phuck all these armchair generals in this topic. I just hope a bomb would fall on your house one day. Perhaps than you really know what war means.

But if USA says, the Saudi's are going to war, your oil kings and leadership won't say no. With all respect of course.

Iran shouldn't have a nuke. This is the best for everybody. Iran getting nuked can lead to far bigger problems. Risking total war is worth it. Actually total war is not necessary is Americans prepare a swift attack.They will definitely take advantage of other people in the neighborhood who have mutual interests.

We are not US puppet after all. lol. We prefer to watch this war unless someone attacks us.
If Iran makes nukes, we will make our own. So not bad! We end up stronger with no sanctions :)
In case any war happens (that I doubt), our interest is to just watch the war.

Well Iran is technically under attack. The economic embargo imposed upon Iran give it a right to retaliate.

Even medicines are being stopped from going to Iran.

The Arab and other muslim countries response has been shameless as usual, but I think Iran should now decide to drop its rigidity too before it is turned into somalia.

Before pointing at others, Iran should look first at its self, why Iran is being let alone in the cold, Iran has to thank themselves because of the position they put themselves because of the shameless acts they have done against their neighbors.

We are not US puppet after all. lol. We prefer to watch this war unless someone attacks us.
If Iran makes nukes, we will make our own. So not bad! We end up stronger with no sanctions :)

I am skeptical to if that will happen. Who wins from a Saudi bomb and who loses?

How ? :blink:

Before pointing at others, Iran should look first at its self, why Iran is being let alone in the cold, Iran has to thank themselves because of the position they put themselves because of the shameless acts they have done against their neighbors.

Well in accordance with is thinking, Turkey has done a lot more against its neighbours, but it still maintains good relations with the US because Turkey has not held an independent policy.

This topic is full with 'this will happen' and 'we will just do that' if a war starts. Like if all you fanboys are representatives of your governments. Nobody in the world gives a sh!t about what you think will happen, or what your country will do.

Everybody is flexing its muscles against Iran. US election are over. Israel, US and neighboring countries are bulking up, it would be very possible a small thing would start the war.

In case of escalation of war. How long would Iranian defense last? How would that situation look like? What would be the aftermath? When will this happen? Which weapons will be used?

I don't think the US risks to start a war with Iran even in the next 100 years . That's just a Political game to play some fools in the region .

Firstly no one knows the capability of Iranian forces and what they have cos Iran isn't the user of their weapons and equipments and also have never shown all it's power . Secondly the US never attacks a government that is supported by it's people ( I ensure you Iranians are religious and when defending the country comes both the supporters and opponents will defend their country like what happened in Iran-Iraq war (http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/225633-iran-iraq-war-picture-gallery.html)) . Thirdly attacking Iran will make Iran and it's proxies to throw whatever they have into the battle field specially the most important weakness of the US in the region ( Israel ) which can bring a pressure on the US from inside .

There are other reasons that makes the US not to attack Iran like the Strait of Hormuz which if be closed just for 3 months , That will bring another disaster for the world economy . shouldn't forget the Iranian proxies in Iraq , Lebanon , or afghan people who just need to be organized against American forces .

People thought invasion in Iraq would lead to total chaos and hell in Middle East, it did not. Same as a hypothetical western led invasion of Iran won't lead to the doomsday scenario others think will happen to the region damage will mostly be contained within Iran. Not saying I want this but hypothetically if US, Israel, and Arab slave nations decided to wage war on Iran then yes Iran will be neutralized in days.

But I don't understand why Iranians think all region will be embroiled as if taking down Iran equates to taking down Middle East. All this talk of Shia flare up, let me tell you Sunnis make up ~80% of the Muslim popln and Shias 15%, and the remaining ~5% belong to other tiny sects. Sunnis aren't going to tolerate Shia flare up across the region. No country is going to come to the defense of Iran and the 12th Imam isn't going to save Iran. Iran's best bet is to prevent war from taking place but in its current direction war is encroaching, nuclear issue is a hot button topic in Tel Aviv and for Washington but Tel Aviv keeps pleading Washington to do something...

In case any war happens (that I doubt), our interest is to just watch the war.

Would you want a middle-east armed to the teeth with nukes? I wouldn't want that, neither does the rest of the world. Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes because they will use that to threaten other country's. Even without nukes, Iran is threating a lot of countries. Just imagine them with couple of nukes. This will cause even bigger problems, Iran will continue its support of terrorist organisations and other unheavenly things. That is why I say it is worth it and I support an strike which will set their nuclear problem 4 years back. In the mean time we will have a lot of time to prepare an offensive after softening them up with air strikes. Azeri in Iran also don't want Iran to have nukes. This is not matter of power, conquest or anything. This is about peace in the middle-east. And peace in the middle-east can't be with Iran having a nuke. Everybody knows this and is working towards stopping it at all cost.

By sweat and blood of our own people.

Oh I have no doubt that it is possible if one is willing to put in the effort but you don't conjure up a nuke out of thin air no much how much you sweat & bleed ! It requires a proper industrial base for that, extensive technical expertise & years & years of refining them before you can even conduct the first 'cold test' ! Pakistan began her program in the '70s & it took us more than a decade to be in possession of a nuke.

Then you've got the delivery mechanism as well to worry about !

What I'm trying to say is - Its a fairly time intensive process & Iran is already on the cusp of making a nuke whereas KSA hasn't even begun.

This topic is full with 'this will happen' and 'we will just do that' if a war starts. Like if all you fanboys are representatives of your governments. Nobody in the world gives a sh!t about what you think will happen, or what your country will do.

Does that include me too ? :undecided:

I assume one of the other two would have granted a victory?

Absolutely, Arabs knew that Israel strength was in it's air force, so Egyptians built a formidable anti air missile umbrella that covers up to 20 km from Suez Canal, non of Israel jets survived upon trying to raid Egyptian forces, so Israel after heavy losses got it, Egyotian army couldn't move beyond 20km (outside the umbrella) so Israel turned with all it's power into Syria, and to alleviate the pressure into Syria part Egyptian army moved forward and got heavy losses leaving a gap for Israelis to penetrate, however, Syrians reached Tabariya lake and suddenly stopped and no one knows why although they won all previous battles, however it was a fatal mistake, GCC, Jordanian, Iraqi and Morrocian armies came for help and prevented Demuscuss from falling. So the mistake here is that Israel fought Syria alone and when finished it turned into Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom