What's new

What would escalate war with Iran?

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Everybody is flexing its muscles against Iran. US election are over. Israel, US and neighboring countries are bulking up, it would be very possible a small thing would start the war.

In case of escalation of war. How long would Iranian defense last? How would that situation look like? What would be the aftermath? When will this happen? Which weapons will be used?

Against who? If US attacks, Iran will last about a month. If Israel attacks, it could stretch to about 4-5 months

Ḥashshāshīn;3746172 said:
Against who? If US attacks, Iran will last about a month. If Israel attacks, it could stretch to about 4-5 months

But if Israel gets dragged into a war, doesn't that drag US in war too?

It will last 1 month? Why do you think that?

No war will happen,no weapons will be used, and people who dream of seeing Iran in a war, will die dreaming.

Nobody wants to see a war happening, but we have to be realistic, war is inevitable! Sooner or later the bomb is going to explode.

But if Israel gets dragged into a war, doesn't that drag US in war too?

It will last 1 month? Why do you think that?

It depends. Israel has been begging US to attack, but Americans are hesitating.

And one month because US finished Iraq in about a month too.

Ḥashshāshīn;3746183 said:
It depends. Israel has been begging US to attack, but Americans are hesitating.

And one month because US finished Iraq in about a month too.
But Iran has air defense and bigger army, I think Iranian army, or at least its leadership is suicidal, so probably they will attack neighboring countries(they actually said that), so more people will get involved I think, more guns means harder strike power. 1 month I think is too long, this war won't be guerrilla warfare but open warfare, those tend to last not very long, especially with modern equipment. Probably open warfare will last 2 weeks and another 2-3 weeks of small pockets of resistance.

But Iran has air defense and bigger army, I think Iranian army, or at least its leadership is suicidal, so probably they will attack neighboring countries(they actually said that), so more people will get involved I think, more guns means harder strike power. 1 month I think is too long, this war won't be guerrilla warfare but open warfare, those tend to last not very long, especially with modern equipment. Probably open warfare will last 2 weeks and another 2-3 weeks of small pockets of resistance.
US has more troops and protection in the middle east now. They could launch an invasion west from Iraq and east from Afghanistan... If Iran attacks other countries, it is just an excuse for them to get involved. There are also patriot missiles in Turkey.

Ḥashshāshīn;3746220 said:
US has more troops and protection in the middle east now. They could launch an invasion west from Iraq and east from Afghanistan... If Iran attacks other countries, it is just an excuse for them to get involved. There are also patriot missiles in Turkey.
How many soldiers will U.S need? And which equipment will they use?

Everybody is flexing its muscles against Iran. US election are over. Israel, US and neighboring countries are bulking up, it would be very possible a small thing would start the war.

In case of escalation of war. How long would Iranian defense last? How would that situation look like? What would be the aftermath? When will this happen? Which weapons will be used?
personally,i dont see a war in near future.but if if it happens-
1.duration-about 1 month.
2.usa,israel win.
3.aftermath-perhaps usa staying on as in iraq,but will face more difficulties,as iran is a stable country and is not ruled by a dictator.so the ppl will be completely hostile to the americans.
4.when?dont know man.i dont think it is gonna happen in near future.

3.aftermath-perhaps usa staying on as in iraq,but will face more difficulties,as iran is a stable country and is not ruled by a dictator.so the ppl will be completely hostile to the americans.
I read that Azeri, which compromise 20 million of population of Iran are welcoming Americans, that is what I heard of their leadership at least.

How many soldiers will U.S need? And which equipment will they use?
About 200,000. Equipment, all the latest. I think they will use drone bombing at first to finish Iran's missile defence systems. Then go in with bombers and f-16... when it is safe, go in with ground invasion...

I read that Azeri, which compromise 20 million of population of Iran are welcoming Americans, that is what I heard of their leadership at least.

Azeris will be in the front lines of that war, just like they were in the Iran-Iraq war. Don't forget that after the Persians, the Azeris are the most represented people in the Revolutionary Guards.

And about your question, how many troops the US needs, read this American report:

''Objective of ensuring that Iran never acquires a nuclear bomb, the U.S. would need to conduct a significantly expanded air and sea war over a prolonged period of
time, likely several years. If the U.S. decided to seek a more ambitious objec- tive, such as regime change in Iran or undermining Iran’s influence in the region, then an even greater commitment of force would be required to occupy all or part of the country. Given Iran’s large size and population, and the strength of Iranian nationalism, we estimate that the occupation of Iran would require a commitment of resources and personnel greater than what the U.S. has expended over the past 10 years in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined.''

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/IranReport_091112_FINAL.pdf

So they need at least more than a half million troops to invade Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are more than welcome to say this in streets of Tabriz, center of Iranian Azerbaijan and you will be a good sample for others.

I knew from very first moment you created this thread that what you wanted fascist grey wolf.
Thread reported.

Back
Top Bottom