What's new

What is the problem with Iran and JF-17?

Im curioues.... how much of this plane is actually made in Pakistan..... I am under the impression that the engines, radars and avionics and landing gear are all made in China.... what is left to produce in Pakistan??
well building a modern airframe is far from easy and many countries can do that ,and there are still many thing to build aside frome those you mentioned

well building a modern airframe is far from easy and many countries can do that ,and there are still many thing to build aside frome those you mentioned

Thus we get back to my original question... what parts does Pakistan make?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Pakistan has not already sold Iran a couple dozen JF-17's.

Pakistan has been in desperate need of cash for the past year and the economy is in the toilet. Somehow Pakistan has not figured out that to make money you need to increase exports. JF-17 is probably the most important export Pakistan has.

Iran needs to improve their Air Force. West is not selling to Iran, so that leaves Russia or Pakistan. What is the problem with Iran and JF-17? Pakistan needs cash and Iran needs planes. JF-17 doesn't use any western parts which means Iran doesn't have to worry about any restrictions. Pakistan can sell dozens of JF-17's and log a giant boost to the economy since at least half of Iran's Air Force should be replaced and they are a big buyer with plenty of money. If sanctions are the problem, Pakistan can sell them under the table without any acknowledgement of the deal. It is kind of amazing that Iran doesn't already have JF-17's, it is the most obvious deal Pakistan could make. Pakistan desperately needs a big export boost for economy, Iran desperately needs new planes for Air Force, Iran JF-17 deal should be a no brainer for both sides at this point. It is hard to believe Iran JF-17 deal has not already happened. I thought it would've happened 5 years ago.

Any Iranian weapons may be used against us. We do not have the same relationship with Iran as we once did.

It is an ally of India and an enemy of Pakistan now.

We should not sell to Iran or BD, where our technology could end up in Indian hands.

Honestly I don't trust Burma either.

programe is owned by pakistan and CAC. Pakistan owns 58% and the rest is the share of Cac.
You are all avoiding the essential question here!
where is the engine and avionics and other essential components such as the ejection seat produced?
Who owns the rights to the engine and avionics and other essential components such as the ejection seat?

of course it is a highly rhetorical questions!

You are all avoiding the essential question here!
where is the engine and avionics and other essential components such as the ejection seat produced?
Who owns the rights to the engine and avionics and other essential components such as the ejection seat?

of course it is a highly rhetorical questions!
Engine is russian so no confusion about that rest is all unclear. Still i think Pac is manufacturing some parts of airframe. Rest is above my paygrade.

Engine is russian so no confusion about that rest is all unclear. Still i think Pac is manufacturing some parts of airframe. Rest is above my paygrade.
Actually no it’s not unclear at all!
Avionics is 100% Chinese! Engine is 100% Russian and ejection seat is 100% British!

the aircraft itself is designed and put together mainly by China but with complete transparency and requirement freedom for Pakistan! So why should iran buy something from Pakistan who is not even the main integrator let alone not having control over the main components of the aircraft? It would be a strategic catastrophe to equip our Air Force with a platform where the seller cannot guarantee maintenance! Surely you must understand that this is the main reason rather than the bs spewing rants about Iran being to proud or other gibberish!

Avionics is 100% Chinese! Engine is 100% Russian and ejection seat is 100% British!

the aircraft itself is designed and put together mainly by China but with complete transparency and requirement freedom for Pakistan! So why should iran buy something from Pakistan who is not even the main integrator let alone not having control over the main components of the aircraft? It would be a strategic catastrophe to equip our Air Force with a platform where the seller cannot guarantee maintenance! Surely you must understand that this is the main reason rather than the bs spewing rants about Iran being to proud or other gibberish!
Look man i will be happiest person on earth if Iran doesnt buy it. Good for you, good for us.

Is the OP trying to blame Iran or suggesting something is wrong with Iran?

He should be careful. Pakistan sees Iran as an extension of her own security.

Iran should take its time to decide which technology it chooses to go with when it comes to 4th and 5th generation fighters.
Or 3rd or 2nd :lol::D

I cannot for the life of me understand why Pakistan has not already sold Iran a couple dozen JF-17's.

Pakistan has been in desperate need of cash for the past year and the economy is in the toilet. Somehow Pakistan has not figured out that to make money you need to increase exports. JF-17 is probably the most important export Pakistan has.

Iran needs to improve their Air Force. West is not selling to Iran, so that leaves Russia or Pakistan. What is the problem with Iran and JF-17? Pakistan needs cash and Iran needs planes. JF-17 doesn't use any western parts which means Iran doesn't have to worry about any restrictions. Pakistan can sell dozens of JF-17's and log a giant boost to the economy since at least half of Iran's Air Force should be replaced and they are a big buyer with plenty of money. If sanctions are the problem, Pakistan can sell them under the table without any acknowledgement of the deal. It is kind of amazing that Iran doesn't already have JF-17's, it is the most obvious deal Pakistan could make. Pakistan desperately needs a big export boost for economy, Iran desperately needs new planes for Air Force, Iran JF-17 deal should be a no brainer for both sides at this point. It is hard to believe Iran JF-17 deal has not already happened. I thought it would've happened 5 years ago.
“Sell under the table”, Table ke neeche se cocomo ke packet packra rahe ho iran ko ya 2 prado jitna aircraft ?

Iran wouldnt want and neither should we sell it for some good reasons.

- Sanctions, International pressure

- CIA is not sitting around and celebrating khatna parties, Nothing goes under their nose...

- GCC ally’s wouldn’t like it at all, It would be like slapping directly on the nose... Which is painful

- Why risk our security asset into hands of ally of our arch rival ? So that the already strong RAW network in Iran gets to pass through chahbahar into one of iran base and inspect Thunders day and night ? Inspect SD-10, PL-15, PL-10 and CM-400 ?

- Iran has a history of violating end user agreements, Saegah and all the other ripoffs, Pak also faced bad times but we didn’t violate our end user agreement of F-16. Iran will produce copies itself, We are in no mood of allowing that

- Engine issue

- JF-17 Armed with CM-400 and C802 would be a very deadly threat to UAEN, RSAN, KuN in the Arabian sea. Why would we even think of fueling further arms race as well as mess in the region ?

So you automatically left out China that deals with Iran directly when it comes to Oil & doesn't give two-shits to US Sanctions.

When you speak of under the table, I assume you're now bringing China into the conversation.

You reside in the US. Do you take the Americans for fools? Just 'cause China doesn't fear 'bout US Sanctions, doesn't mean Pakistan doesn't. JF-17, though is a Joint Venture between both countries, but its really Pakistan's baby. If a JF-17 ends up in Iran, how long do you think the CIA & NSA will be up our *** in finding out 'bout how they got there in the first place.

Scratch two Nations off that list. Iran & Bangladesh.

We are selling JF-17s to Myanmar which is also under sanctions.

If we can sell to Mynamar, we can sell to Iran as well.

The issue is Saudi pressure on Pakistan not to sell weapons to Iran.

Iran is under weapons embargo. Sales cannot be made to Iran. Until sanctions are lifted. If Pakistan makes sales to Iran that Pakistani company will be sanctioned.

It is the pressure from the Saudis not to sell to Iran.

Ok...lack of lateral thinking here.
I would be happy if no sale of jf17 to iran went through Pakistan. Pakistan own 58 percent share of jf17. So when the american realise we are selling such a potent aircraft they wont like it and sanctions will be on Pakistan.
It rather naive of you to think that the Pakistani nation doesnt realise that exports means increased revenue and yet you have figured this out all by yourself. Come one yaar

Initially I thought this was a serious thread. Gosh I wish I had not commented

well building a modern airframe is far from easy and many countries can do that ,and there are still many thing to build aside from those you mentioned

JF-17 Avionics has many indigenous sub-systems as mentioned on the PAC website and the whole suite is 100% locally made. The main software is written in China but even at that time, many Pakistani engineers were involved in the design phase as well. It is our plane and we have all the rights to modify it as deemed fit and AVIC have gradually shifted the workload to PAC for block-1 and block-2. There are many steps involved in realizing a finished product even after the design phase is completed and there are many indigenous components involved along that path to produce the final product.

Iran needs to improve it's airforce yes but you're forgetting the fact that Iran is under sanctions because of which no one would want to do any business with them,if it was not the case by now the Russians would have sold their Sukhois to them in hoardes.

Also selling your premier fighter to them would mean that there is a chance they would become cannon fodder for much more advanced aircraft which are present in hoardes in the gulf countries, would you want that to happen?

Last but not the least I hope you don't belong to that section of the Pakistani society which is more loyal and sympathetic to the Iranian government than it's own.

Back
Top Bottom