UPA vs NDA Communal violence Report Card

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A huge spike in "intolerance" and communal violence indeed:

CUZOgMoU8AAGEaC.jpg

@ranjeet @SarthakGanguly @Star Wars @Rajaraja Chola @magudi @Echo_419 @Bang Galore @JanjaWeed @Tridibans @Aminroop @Rain Man

It's not about hard evidence .. it's about pattern and narrative.

All the same good to have numbers like these when people claim "rising" violence and intolerance.

I have a feeling I will be referring back to this thread with some frequency regarding the usual diatribe by the usual suspects.

Will be interesting to see the number for 2015.

All the same good to have numbers like these when people claim "rising" violence and intolerance.

I have a feeling I will be referring back to this thread with some frequency regarding the usual diatribe by the usual suspects.

Will be interesting to see the number for 2015.
Do you think that would matter? Delhi church attacks turned out fake no one apologized for crying foul over them. this beef lynching case has many red flag no one cared for the probe to end. During next election you will see some other issue, unless media is pulled up for fake reporting nothing is going to stop this drama.

Who cares? They won.
There were some more reasons too....
1) It was BJP versus an entire army of political parties, this way even the pandavas would have lost Mahabharat. :)
2) Nitish kumar's good will.
3) no star Bihari BJP politician- Shatrughan Sinha wasn't enough you know.
Issue of intolerance added fuel to fire.

Last edited:
Congress is trying to build an image for Pappu, I think in the next big state election the new sensational issue will be something like 'distressed-farmers', 'farmer-suicides' or 'insensitivity against farmers', etc.

Who cares? They won.

I am positive that the MGB type opportunistic alliance will prove its worthlessness much before 2019 and set an example for the voters. Godspeed Lalu! :)

I am positive that the MGB type opportunistic alliance will prove its worthlessness much before 2019 and set an example for the voters. Godspeed Lalu! :)
Subhanallah. :)

For India's sake, I will not be disappointed if Nitish miraculously works well. I know he won't though. :(

Isn't he the idiot that called Dalits "Dogs" ?
Media has a habit of misconstruing statements.
He NEVER called Dalits "dogs", instead he was asking the media to stop blaming the central government for everything that happens in the country.
His statement
" Kabhi sthaniya ghatnaon (local incidents) ka sarkar (central govt) se talluk mat rakhiye. Uske upar inquiry chal rahi hain. Parivaron ke beech mathbhed tha.. voh mathbhed kis roop mein parivartit hua, kahan par intazamiyan ka failure hain, administration ka? Uske bad voh sarkar ke upar aata hain (Never associate local incidents with the Central Government. There is an inquiry going on.)

There was a dispute between families. The dispute…how did it turn out…where did the arrangements fail, the administration?
After all this, it falls upon the Central Government).”

He added: “To har cheez par, ki wahan par pathar maar diya kutte ko to, sarkar jimmewaar hai. Aisa nahi hai. (For everything…like if somebody throws a stone at a dog, then the Central Government is responsible…it is not like that)”.

Now tell me where did he call Dalits as dogs??

Media has a habit of misconstruing statements.
He NEVER called Dalits "dogs", instead he was asking the media to stop blaming the central government for everything that happens in the country.
His statement
" Kabhi sthaniya ghatnaon (local incidents) ka sarkar (central govt) se talluk mat rakhiye. Uske upar inquiry chal rahi hain. Parivaron ke beech mathbhed tha.. voh mathbhed kis roop mein parivartit hua, kahan par intazamiyan ka failure hain, administration ka? Uske bad voh sarkar ke upar aata hain (Never associate local incidents with the Central Government. There is an inquiry going on.)

There was a dispute between families. The dispute…how did it turn out…where did the arrangements fail, the administration?
After all this, it falls upon the Central Government).”

He added: “To har cheez par, ki wahan par pathar maar diya kutte ko to, sarkar jimmewaar hai. Aisa nahi hai. (For everything…like if somebody throws a stone at a dog, then the Central Government is responsible…it is not like that)”.

Now tell me where did he call Dalits as dogs??

Irrespective the comments were in bad taste - I am not blaming him but he should have known that his remarks would be taken out of context specially in the highly charged scenario of elections happening. After all there is precedent for this inform of puppy remark of Modi.

It is a sad situation but politician most of all has to be politically correct. A General can get away with it not a Minister.

Back
Top Bottom