What's new

Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) News & Discussions

Some update finally popped up… or better, even some freshly minted pictures just circulate… :enjoy:

Regardless this faked fail, You mentioned, that there even "some freshly minted pictures just circulate"!?? ... but where are they?

Where is the 075? So much speculation and yet no pictures.

Regardless this faked fail, You mentioned, that there even "some freshly minted pictures just circulate"!?? ... but where are they?
Sorry, I don't have .. indeed I am awaiting @cirr or some one else to provide it if it's so :D Actually I am not that keen on 075. I mean I can wait patiently for its coming to surface in due time.

Thanks ... but so far no images were released?

075.jpg

The Meyet satellite photo shows 8th type 071 hull and a small type 075 module at left side of 071 where a big arrow pointed upward.

In this photo there is a warship about the size of type 054A in front of type 071. If that is a type 054A, then this photo must be more than one year old because the last type 054A has just been commissioned.
004412yd0jdjaisd1jgdib.jpg

Last edited:
The Meyet satellite photo shows 8th type 071 hull and a small type 075 module at left side of 071 where a big arrow pointed upward.

In this photo there is a warship about the size of type 054A in front of type 071. If that is a type 054A, then this photo must be more than one year old because the last type 054A has just been commissioned.
View attachment 545680

That's the 6th 071 and yes, the satellite image was taken more than a year ago.

@cirr
Henri Kenhmann (East Pendulum) just relayed the same picture as you posted.. either he still combs here regularly at PDF (I know he joined here several years ago though not active / not posting under his known ID since few years ago, I recalled he had some repeated skirmishes with the very active member, @grey boy 2 back then, who has not posted anything either in this Defence column in nearly these last two years) or Henri just read it through SDF, which got it from here too.

Anyhow… here's his tweet on 2019.03.12 at 12:29 am, copied to Xavier Vavasseur as well, the founder and chief editor of the Naval News dotcom (formerly Navy Recognition), so by now this updated news on Type 075 LHD should have spread out widely at the open source.

Type 075 LHD at HDZH 20190312.jpeg

The modules of the first long-awaited Chinese Type 075 LHD were photographed in Shanghai at the Hudong-Zhonghua shipyard.

Last edited:
That's the 6th 071 and yes, the satellite image was taken more than a year ago.
Thanks, I was wondering how come the 8th type 071 appear on an old photo that is more than one year old. I should have known it is psed.

And since the "first module" (my assumption) appeared more than a year ago, we can expect to see the completed hull in relatively shorter time than CV002 construction, may be within 6 months from now?

Last edited:
Thanks, I was wondering how come the 8th type 071 appear on an old photo that is more than one year old. I should have known it is psed.

And since the "first module" (my assumption) appeared more than a year ago, we can expect to see the completed hull in relatively shorter time than CV002 construction, may be within 6 months from now?

No, not really. If the first module appeared more than a year ago, then the ship would be close to complete by now.

No, not really. If the first module appeared more than a year ago, then the ship would be close to complete by now.
Thanks again. So the narrative on the Meyet satellite photo is all fake then.

18e2db96-145e-11e7-8424-32eaba91fe03_972x_173903.jpg

PLAN Type 075 Amphibious assult ship will enter service in 2020.

The ship is capable of carrying 30 Helicopters and displaces 40K tons. The News is confirmed by Chinese state media. Unconfirmed reports suggest China is also developing STOVL Jet.

IMG_20190408_132242.jpg

18e2db96-145e-11e7-8424-32eaba91fe03_972x_173903.jpg

PLAN Type 075 Amphibious assult ship will enter service in 2020.

The ship is capable of carrying 30 Helicopters and displaces 40K tons. The News is confirmed by Chinese state media. Unconfirmed reports suggest China is also developing STOVL Jet.

View attachment 551983

Pardon, but that is highly unlikely. We haven't seen any real progress of the ship yet not do we have any confirmation that it could be launched already this year. And given that fact, I think it is very much unlikely - even impossible - that this new ship has been tested thoroughly until the end of 2020 and then even handed over.

By the way, we have a dedicated 075 thread already.

Please do not open always a new thread for a single report.

Pardon, but that is highly unlikely. We haven't seen any real progress of the ship yet not do we have any confirmation that it could be launched already this year. And given that fact, I think it is very much unlikely - even impossible - that this new ship has been tested thoroughly until the end of 2020 and then even handed over.

By the way, we have a dedicated 075 thread already.

Info is good will give you source.

Back
Top Bottom