What's new

Chinese scholar discussion on Democracy: China versus United States

Political systems are utopia's for perfect society. So, it is an all-moving goal-post, not fixed. The greatest mistake for US democracy was perhaps the belief that it reached the goal post and there would be no further evolution. Thus, it got rigid and fossilized. China, on the other hand, approaches political systems instrumentally, allowing evolution in approaches. Dynamism inherent in the system allows better governance.

Agree. I believe political systems have to constantly evolve to meet the changing needs and aspirations of the society. One flaw of the American political system IMO is that its constitution is basically static for 200+ years and the people treat it as the Holy Bible with unchanging eternal truth.

@vi-va

So, their choice of him as the guide is based on "collective wisdom" or "collective ignorance"? :)

They all sat down in the forest and took a 5 hour 5000 question test and the guy who did the best was made the leader. It was considered the appropriate/practical thing to do at the time. :rolleyes1:

One flaw of the American political system IMO is that its constitution is basically static for 200+ years and the people treat it as the Holy Bible with unchanging eternal truth.

@vi-va

Hard to take back something you give to people for free.

Last edited:
They all sat down in the forest and took a 5 hour 5000 question test and the guy who did the best was made the leader. It was considered the appropriate/practical thing to do at the time. :rolleyes1:

Hard to take back something you give to people for free.
You mean Trump and Biden are best among 300 millions Americans? Come on, dude. You can't debate like this.
The foolishness of Trump, and incompetency of Biden is so obvious that even a city mayor of China are much more qualified.

Agree. I believe political systems have to constantly evolve to meet the changing needs and aspirations of the society. One flaw of the American political system IMO is that its constitution is basically static for 200+ years and the people treat it as the Holy Bible with unchanging eternal truth.

@vi-va
I watched the full video before. President Xi once visited Singapore before 2015 when LKY was alive.
LKY said we may need to learn from you, Xi replied no, we still need to learn from Singapore.

That's traditional Chinese value, humble, and modest.

You mean Trump and Biden are best among 300 millions Americans? Come on, dude. You can't debate like this.
The foolishness of Trump, and incompetency of Biden is so obvious that even a city mayor of China are much more qualified.
@Hamartia Antidote
Electing Trump and Biden as the best man among 300 millions Americans are "collective wisdom" or "collective ignorance"?
@nang2

Nice a terror state like China wants to talk about democracy. A state of government totally alien to chinese culture.

You forgot the commie interest group in China.
I don't like to waste my time, on my ignore list. Reported

I don't like to waste my time, on my ignore list. Reported

Reported for what? The truth? Democracy is a western concept, created in Greece. China at no point of its history had any form of democracy. China has absolute zero cultural connection to it

This is like Saudi Arabia talking about women rights

Back
Top Bottom