What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats quite offensive to millions of Turks talking about their savior like that.
He actually gave us our culture back, before him we was more Arabs than Turks!

In 1930 50% of Turkish was Arabic and 30% was Turkic origin.

yYkccMHIbk.jpg

Today 90% is Turkic.

800px-TurkishVocabulary.png

What would you think if i would talk like that about Jinna?
I'm talking about the script, not the words !!!!

Anyways i wouldn't mind if you criticized Jinnah. even i do it :)

:enjoy::lol:
BTW, very nice avatar:-)
I am a fan of Game of Thrones as well ;) :smitten:
Whose the guy in your avatar ???

I'm talking about the script, not the words !!!!

Anyways i wouldn't mind if you criticized Jinnah. even i do it :)

Whose the guy in your avatar ???

He is Dr. Mosaddegh.
Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He was the leader of Nationalizing Iranian Oil movement. He Nationalized oil industry, and kicked British out of our country. ;) He is a symbol of democracy for us as well.
He is one of the Greatest Iranians in the last century and specially liberal Iranians like him. :-)

It was a part of your culture for more then 7 centuries !!!
Well, there was more things with foreign origins in our Culture for centurys but we needed to proceed.
Switching to latin alphabet helped us to rise the literacy rate, it was necessary to built up a modern and efficient education system.

Well, there was more things with foreign origins in our Culture for centurys but we needed to proceed.
Switching to latin alphabet helped us to rise the literacy rate, it was necessary to built up a modern and efficient education system.
There was nothing foreign about the arabic script !!! The Ottoman Empire was a Muslim Caliphate and every Caliphate used arabic script at that time !!!!

There was nothing foreign about the arabic script !!! The Ottoman Empire was a Muslim Caliphate and every Caliphate used arabic script at that time !!!!
Arabic script is a foreign script it has no Turkic origin, and Caliphate doesnt exist anymore.

Just for your Information, Atatürk was a soldier of Ottoman Empire, he fought various battles for Ottomans, he didnt finish it, Ottoman Empire was allready fallen, he just did the necessary steps to crate its follower state.
If he didnt it, Turkey would be colonised by French, Italians, Brits and Greeks and Ottomans couldnt stop them, since British ships and troops allready occupied Istanbul, an Greeks occupied Izmir!
But Atatürk took all this back from them.

BTW: I know why you made Muslim part bold...

Arabic script is a foreign script it has no Turkic origin, and Caliphate doesnt exist anymore.

Just for your Information, Atatürk was a soldier of Ottoman Empire, he fought various battles for Ottomans, he didnt finish it, Ottoman Empire was allready fallen, he just did the necessary steps to crate its follower state.
If he didnt it, Turkey would be colonised by French, Italians, Brits and Greeks and Ottomans couldnt stop them, since British ships and troops allready occupied Istanbul, an Greeks occupied Izmir!
But Atatürk took all this back from them.

BTW: I know why you made Muslim part bold...
I don't need a history lesson ..... i'm well aware of all that ..... you're saying that if he hadn't adopted the Latin script then turkey would've been colonised by the allies ??? :what:

BTW why do you think that i made the muslim part bold ????

I don't need a history lesson ..... i'm well aware of all that ..... you're saying that if he hadn't adopted the Latin script then turkey would've been colonised by the allies ??? :what:

BTW why do you think that i made the muslim part bold ????
No, i allready explained why he adopted Latin Alphabet.

I thought you made it bold because you wanted to allude Atatürk is not a Muslim, thats why i wrote the history part.
Sry if i misunderstood you but many foreign muslims say Atatürk is not a muslim because they have no clue about Turkish history, they see only a man that replaced Caliphate, without thinking about the background.
But the fact is Atatürk was a Soldier of Ottomans with many success on Battlefield, he fought many battles for Ottomans and got Awarded by the Empire.
What he did was neccessary to save Turkey and Turks from Imperialists.

No, i allready explained why he adopted Latin Alphabet.

I thought you made it bold because you wanted to allude Atatürk is not a Muslim, thats why i wrote the history part.
Sry if i misunderstood you but many foreign muslims say Atatürk is not a muslim because they have no clue about Turkish history, they see only a man that replaced Caliphate, without thinking about the background.
But the fact is Atatürk was a Soldier of Ottomans with many success on Battlefield, he fought many battles for Ottomans and got Awarded by the Empire.
What he did was neccessary to save Turkey and Turks from Emperialists.
Who am i too declare a man who gives shahadah, a non-muslim :) ???

@xenon54

china has a literacy rate of 95%, same as yours. but it didn't adopt the latin script !!!!

Last edited:
Who am i too declare a man who gives shahadah, a non-muslim :) ???
Thats how every Muslim should think.

But the sad reality is many Muslims are experts in declaring others as Non-Muslims because they have not the same lifestyle like them.

@xenon54

china has a literacy rate of 95%, same as yours. but it didn't adopt the latin script !!!!

@RAMPAGE

The problem with Arabic script is, it doesnt really fit well in Turkish language, Arabic script was modified by Ottomans.
But Atatürk designed the new Turkish-Latin alphabet to make it more suitable to Turkish language, hes goal was to bring Turkish back to the roots (the exsample with Arabic words in Turkish in last page) but that was not possible with Arabic script.

Turkish Language Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He wanted to reform the education system so that everyone can read and write, and all this in a short time of a couple of years, Latin aphabet is just simpler to learn than Arabic, and in this form its more suitable to todays Turkish than Arabic script.

Last edited:
He is one of the Greatest Iranians in the last century and specially liberal Iranians like him.

naaah everybody lovs him in iran , anyhow what happened here ? [BUTTERFLIES AND BEES]

MOD EDIT: Show respect to nationality please
:D

@Sinan ; mate what sort of problems you encountered ? do u have any questions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom