What's new

Turkish pianist charged with insulting Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when becoming a Islamic Republic turn a country into something radical?

On topic: Well, I don't think it's a big deal and I hope court decides in his favour if he really didn't intend to insult Islam.

The title of this thread is in no way Islamic.

He only quoted a poem written by Omar Khayyam..in any case...catch the poet!

and there isnt any offense in the poem...it would fit well today on religious lunatics!

Appropriate charge, it is disrespect against Islamic values if he meant it against Islam. But if his intention of his tweet was only against the hypocrits, then there is no harm done.

I like how Turkey moves towards its real direction, integrating with Islam once again. Erdogan was prisoned of quoting this beautiful Islamic idea back in 1998:
"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers."

Now quoting against Islam is being a crime, since 99% of the population of Turkey is Muslim. This might be the real direction of Turkey to take.

Israel can be a Racist Jewish Republic thats okey ! but you are not okay with a Turkish Islamic Republic & you expect people to care about your opinion !

Actually im fine with Turkey as Islamic racist theocratic bigotry republic.

Appropriate charge, it is disrespect against Islamic values if he meant it against Islam. But if his intention of his tweet was only against the hypocrits, then there is no harm done.

I like how Turkey moves towards its real direction, integrating with Islam once again. Erdogan was prisoned of quoting this beautiful Islamic idea back in 1998:
"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers."

Now quoting against Islam is being a crime, since 99% of the population of Turkey is Muslim. This might be the real direction of Turkey to take.

This is very familiar statement! This is how the story begins ... If a nation is so eager to repeat an examined experience, no one has the right to stop them. Just say goodbye to secularism, then I will meet you after 10 years most probably in an occasion of stoning a woman!

Please eloborate, in which of his tweet he is insulting or disrespecting Islam and why?

And about that %99, i think even you don't believe that in deeps of your brain.

This is very familiar statement! This is how the story begins ... If a nation is so eager to repeat an examined experience, no one has the right to stop them. Just say goodbye to secularism, then I will meet you after 10 years most probably in an occasion of stoning a woman!

Nah bro, that stage wouldn't come to Turkey. But I like todays Turkey giving it's Muslim population more rights, and doing what the most of the population wants, instead of the 1% corrupted. Turkey was being ruled by the 1% elite corrupted people before, but now things've changed.

And you take the most extreme case scenario, which no Islamic countries allow officially. You can't find the stoning in the Qur'an either. There might be hadiths about it (probably weak ones, I haven't researched it myself).*

But this argument you've been using is also very familiar statement which atheists and antiIslamists uses.

Please eloborate, in which of his tweet he is insulting or disrespecting Islam and why?

And about that %99, i think even you don't believe that in deeps of your brain.

Read my post again, I said it is appropriate charge if his word was against the religion Islam, and not if his intention was targeting hypocrits. I wouldn't want him prisoned if his intention was just to state the hypocrits.

Well, most of the sources says 99% of Turkey is Muslim, it's not me counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom