What's new

Turkish Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler: We are considering purchasing 40 Eurofighter Typhoons

Look, no country on this planet is an island unto itself, even if we make Kaan %10000 Turkish, we'll need partners for a sixth generation fighter, and in future we'll need partners for other things. The solution is not to throw the table and be angry at everybody, the solution is to fix our foreign relations. We gain nothing from fighting with Germany or US, it's like a man fighting against his own dick. This is pure stupidity.

Orthodox Jews hate the Christians even more than they hate Muslims but every Christian country helps Israel Why? Because they use the propaganda to get everyone to agree with them. They make everybody see things through their perspective. We need to do the same. We have to get everyone to agree with us. This "Küstüm oynamıyorum" attitude won't get us ANYTHING

Even fucking AMERICA is buying their latest frigate from Fincantieri, they are buying Iron dome systems from Israel etc.

IF we used our brain a little we could be selling TFX Kaan to European countries. We could be selling TB2 to the Americans. We're just too retarded to do so.

I wish we were as mature as you say, but if we were, we would be flying in the Aegean with F35s right now.

I wish we were as mature as you say, but if we were, we would be flying in the Aegean with F35s right now.
We have to mature, or we're going down a bad path.

Even in JAPAN there's a PKK problem now, why? why? why? There's a historic problem between Turkey and Japan? No. It's because these PKK bastards are very LOUD. They know how to make noise. They know how to spread black propaganda. A mere 20 years ago nobody in the west recognized Armenian "genocide".

We have to fix our image, there's no way around it.

I wish it was true but we're woefully underequipped for the challenges in the region. F4s have to retire and 240 F-16s just isn't enough. We need more airframes no matter how you look at it.

at least 8 fucking years until KAAN is operational.

Not sure why Erdoğan had to purchase the s400, F35s were a better deal by far, plus upgrade kits for the f16s, on top had to face sanctions by Usa. Some may say because we needed SAM system but Turkey didn't possess any serious threat from any nation, just some rebels and terrorists which your army and airforce can deal with.

Regarding SAM system, Turkey received s400 in 2019 and after 4 years inducted the Hisar A and O SAM, most likely will inducted the long range Siper SAM next year so why couldn't they wait. Overall not a very good strategy.

Not sure why Erdoğan had to purchase the s400, F35s were a better deal by far, plus upgrade kits for the f16s, on top had to face sanctions by Usa. Some may say because we needed SAM system but Turkey didn't possess any serious threat from any nation, just some rebels and terrorists which your army and airforce can deal with.

Regarding SAM system, Turkey received s400 in 2019 and after 4 years inducted the Hisar A and O SAM, most likely will inducted the long range Siper SAM next year so why couldn't they wait. Overall not a very good strategy.

At the time we analyzed this as a move away from "the west" but then why turn back and ask for F-16s right? It makes no sense.

Had we not asked and denied for F-16s we would have a stronger hand now, but now everybody can smell our desperation.

Imagine, non-NATO countries like Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar operate EF-2000 but we're having trouble getting it because of our weak foreign policy.

At the time we analyzed this as a move away from "the west" but then why turn back and ask for F-16s right? It makes no sense.

Had we not asked and denied for F-16s we would have a stronger hand now, but now everybody can smell our desperation.

Imagine, non-NATO countries like Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar operate EF-2000 but we're having trouble getting it because of our weak foreign policy.

Will the USA and Europe be upset if Turkey goes for Chinese J10C 4++ fighter jets. They certainly suit Turkey and plus come with alot of firepower.

Will the USA and Europe be upset if Turkey goes for Chinese J10C 4++ fighter jets. They certainly suit Turkey and plus come with alot of firepower.
I guess that would be the final nail in the coffin for Turkey's relations with the west.

But J-10C is just not compatible with our systems, even if China gave them for free, they would be neigh useless.

I guess that would be the final nail in the coffin for Turkey's relations with the west.

But J-10C is just not compatible with our systems, even if China gave them for free, they would be neigh useless.

I guess the best option for Turkey is to wait 8 years till KAAN. Pakistan is also in the same situation regarding f16s, we have the older blocks and cannot upgrade to f16V. For Turkey the current f16s, s400, siper, new frigates with SAMs, missiles, submarines, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, drones should keep the enemies away from Turkey. The Greece Rafale maybe a danger in air to air war but attacking mainland Turkey is a big no. Turkey should save its money and invest in domestic technology, they already wasted 2B on s400 plus the economy loss.

@MMM-E

I thought Turkey was stronger than this. Why are you resorting to buying crafts from your enemy? This is like Pakistan buying from India. Where are your own jets?

@MMM-E

I thought Turkey was stronger than this. Why are you resorting to buying crafts from your enemy? This is like Pakistan buying from India. Where are your own jets?
Who is our enemy? I didn't realize we were at war

I guess the best option for Turkey is to wait 8 years till KAAN. Pakistan is also in the same situation regarding f16s, we have the older blocks and cannot upgrade to f16V. For Turkey the current f16s, s400, siper, new frigates with SAMs, missiles, submarines, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, drones should keep the enemies away from Turkey. The Greece Rafale maybe a danger in air to air war but attacking mainland Turkey is a big no. Turkey should save its money and invest in domestic technology, they already wasted 2B on s400 plus the economy loss.
Right now there are no good options, TURAF needs more planes as I explained in earlier posts.

If anything, 40 Typhoons, is not enough we need 80-100

Last edited:
Who is our enemy? I didn't realize we were at war

Right now there are no good options, TURAF needs more planes as I explained in earlier posts.

If anything, 40 Typhoons, is not enough we need 80-100

The distrust and economic war between France and Turkey. Erdogan has called out Macron many times, especially after the Armenian genocide blur. Then there's the distrust between Germany-Turkey, UK-Turkey, and Germany practically is in charge of the EU.

They dislike Turks very much, if you have not known.

The distrust and economic war between France and Turkey. Erdogan has called out Macron many times, especially after the Armenian genocide blur. Then there's the distrust between Germany-Turkey, UK-Turkey, and Germany practically is in charge of the EU.

They dislike Turks very much, if you have not known.

You confuse Eurofighter with Rafale.

And have you not even read the first post?

I wish it was true but we're woefully underequipped for the challenges in the region. F4s have to retire and 240 F-16s just isn't enough. We need more airframes no matter how you look at it.

at least 8 fucking years until KAAN is operational.

Yes but they will probably serve well into 2040ies if acquired
Eurofighter would be a nightmare for Turkey bcuz u will have to bend over backwards to please all the countries involved. At least with F16s it would be just the US that Turkey would have to deal with.

Secondly with F16s(more airframes)..TuAF is already well versed with it...Turkey can upgrade those in house bringing them to Ozgur standard and because Turkey already operates F16s in numbers...it would be much simpler in terms of logistics as compared to adding another type of jet.

In terms of threats...Russia is too invested(in terms of manpower and resources) to pose a meaningful threat to Turkey(especially in context of full NATO backing). Greece is the only main threat(due to longstanding disputes)...and IMO Turkey is well equipped to deal with that

Back
Top Bottom