What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

If you use it with AWACS you can scan low flying fighters or cruise missiles from above, it will definitly put Greece in a shit position. It is like we have Greece in our pocket:-).
Greeks wouldn't shoot at our big and huge AWACS above the egean sea:))) that's why greek f16s and S300 are waiting for:)

If you use it with AWACS you can scan low flying fighters or cruise missiles from above, it will definitly put Greece in a shit position. It is like we have Greece in our pocket:-).

I agree. But I'm pretty sure S-400 isn't inter-operable with our Boeing 737 AEW&C E-7 Wedgetails. It's been stated many times by RTE and others that they will operate in stand alone mode because of US/NATO objections.

Greeks wouldn't shoot at our big and huge AWACS above the egean sea:))) that's why greek f16s and S300 are waiting for:)

No, our awacs have 600 km radar range if you look to a single sector. What i remember they can scan a coverage of 370km 360 degree.

I agree. But I'm pretty sure S-400 isn't inter-operable with our Boeing 737 AEW&C E-7 Wedgetails. It's been stated many times by RTE and others that they will operate in stand alone mode because of US/NATO objections.

Well the operators can talk to each others:-).

No, our awacs have 600 km radar range if you look to a single sector. What i remember they can scan a coverage of 370km 360 degree.
Greeks would try attacking on them from f16s. Here comes the big air to air battle above Turkey.

Using S-400 with stand alone radar without connecting to AWACS and other radars is such a waste.

In stand alone it makes more sense to deploy them in TRNC and Izmir, why in Ankara nobody in the region can enter our airspace that far.

Using S-400 with stand alone radar without connecting to AWACS and other radars is such a waste.

In stand alone it makes more sense to deploy them in TRNC and Izmir, why in Ankara nobody in the region can enter our airspace that far.
1. To keep the US/NATO from attempting another coup d'etat in Turkey.
2. To provide some ABM defense and protect our capital.
3. They're mobile and can be moved elsewhere depending on circumstances.

Istanbul and the Marmara region seems way more strategic than Ankara to me

Or covering whole Israel airspace and detecting every F-35 flight. Maybe you know what I am talking about.

does anyone enters your air space

Or covering whole Israel airspace and detecting every F-35 flight. Maybe you know what I am talking about.
you would need an over the horizon radar for that or an 24/7 AWACS

You think S-400 cant?
Actually TuAF bought multiple 91N6E Big Bird and 96L6E Cheese Board radars to cover all of Turkey's airspace since S-400s will work as standalone.
96l6-image01.jpg

radar4.jpg

s400%20test.jpg

96L6 Radar

Back
Top Bottom