What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

The only disadvantage that the Turkish missiles have, relative to those on the market is the limited maturity and fine tuning of their core algorithms to guide and take down a plane. This takes time to mature, and you can be sure the PK ratio and ability to not be deflected for these missiles will be less than the American, EU systems.

These systems will take time to fine tune to make them deadly.
USA made AAs have been extensively tested. Especially their captive IIR seeker tests in the magnitude of hundreds of different scenarios. Their extremely difficult test conditions for guided missile tests are nothi g but impressive. That is why, it is usually the case of how much you are willing to spend in order to correct performance degredations under various real life scenarios. If USA airforce depends on them, you bet they are extremely effective. I dont think other than China other countries test this much to ensure its effectiveness in a possible conventional war situation.

USA made AAs have been extensively hyped up, aggressively marketed (including by Hollywood) and sold as protection payments mainly to Middle Eastern dictatorships (e.g. Saudi Arabia, UAE. etc.) We all remember how poorly the Patriots performed in the Gulf War. Only 15-20% success rate practically equal to TOTAL FAILURE. And that was against SCUDs with simple ballistic trajectories. No US-made SAMs have ever been tested against a modern, technologically advanced foe. This includes THAAD as well. And with the emergence of new high-tech MIRVs with orbital maneuvering capability and hypersonic missiles they have absolutely no chance whatsoever. The only valid defense against future missile attacks is the deterrence posed by our own ability to counter-attack with the exact same technology.

8397312846_f20fd355bb_b.jpg

Russia-planning-to-hold-new-trials-of-Tsirkon-hypersonic-missile-before-yearend.jpg

USA made AAs have been extensively hyped up, aggressively marketed (including by Hollywood) and sold as protection payments mainly to Middle Eastern dictatorships (e.g. Saudi Arabia, UAE. etc.) We all remember how poorly the Patriots performed in the Gulf War. Only 15-20% success rate practically equal to TOTAL FAILURE. And that was against SCUDs with simple ballistic trajectories. No US-made SAMs have ever been tested against a modern, technologically advanced foe. This includes THAAD as well. And with the emergence of new high-tech MIRVs with orbital maneuvering capability and hypersonic missiles they have absolutely no chance whatsoever. The only valid defense against future missile attacks is the deterrence posed by our own ability to counter-attack with the exact same technology.

8397312846_f20fd355bb_b.jpg

Russia-planning-to-hold-new-trials-of-Tsirkon-hypersonic-missile-before-yearend.jpg
I am not talking about other products. Your statements have some truth. However, i am not talking about the whole US military industry. I am talking about US made air to air missiles that both US Navy and Air forces depend on it for a conventional air superiority warfare against Russia and China. They are tested and verified heavily. This is not a military industry politics for them, a backbone of their national security in terms of air superiority. I dont know how much their national versions perform better than export versions though. I would not give serious credit to Russian propaganda about how perfect their some imaginary and some real weapons are and much cheaper; basically they are a blackbox that no one can verify ever in terms of most subjects. That is not always the case for US military industry. Sure they have certain negative policies, in their eyes rightfully so, against certain regions/countries in terms of military industry and marketing.

@Faith_of_the_Fallen

Agreed. The fact of the matter is that no weapon system is 100% reliable. Russian propaganda is just as bad as its American counterpart. But at least Vlad's weapons are cheaper and come with less political strings attached. I will never forgive the US for ousting us from the F-35 program and refusing to deliver to us the planes we paid for just because we responded to their Gulenist coup d'etat attempt by purchasing the S-400. Not to mention their overt support for the PKK/YPG. Totally unacceptable.

Whats the current state of the S400, are they activated?
I saw one tweet(in English) that “they” will be activated in two weeks but the tweet hasn’t explained whether he/she talks about hisar A in idlib or S400 in Turkey I guess we have to wait for 14 days in order to find out which system will be activated

1-56.jpg

Other 2 systems should be placed near Antalya and other to Iran border:-).

I'm afraid this is a misleading picture of S-400 "radar coverage" bro. In the real world, that's not how things work. It all depends on location of the radar, terrain elevation/features and the size and altitude of the target. So in reality, it looks more like this:

bilim1.png
bilim2.png

bilim3.png

I'm afraid this is a misleading picture of S-400 "radar coverage" bro. In the real world, that's not how things work. It all depends on location of the radar, terrain elevation/features and the size and altitude of the target. So in reality, it looks more like this:

bilim1.png
bilim2.png

bilim3.png
+1000 thumbs up!
It explains how fighters even huge bomber B1 Lancer avoid radars .

Current location of the Turkish S-400 is Murted (Akinci) AFB near Ankara. So once Turkey activates the system, its radar coverage will look like this:

bilim4.png

So we could technically put S400 on izmirs coast and northern cyprus and constantly lock on Greek jets?

Thats why Americans use Patriots. They aren't fool or lack of knowledge to create long range SAMs.

So we could technically put S400 on izmirs coast and northern cyprus and constantly lock on Greek jets?
What if they flow at sea level?
Edit:
Again we see how important is low altitude radar coverage and defence at the Egean Sea as in my Avatar:)

If they're flying high enough, technically yes. But it's not wise to place such a strategic system so close to the enemy fire. Placing the S-400 in Izmir would likely be a tactical mistake at this time since it'd be vulnerable to Greek anti-radiation missiles and special forces. Once we have other systems ready (Korkut and Hisar-O for example) in sufficient numbers then perhaps we can do it.

bilim1.png
bilim2.png

bilim3.png

If you use it with AWACS you can scan low flying fighters or cruise missiles from above, it will definitly put Greece in a shit position. It is like we have Greece in our pocket:-).

Back
Top Bottom