What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Not new info but just my expectation. We have all of them what we need. I'm think process was lived like that ;

1- Gökdoğan BVR missile Land launch ;

hqdefault.jpg

Missile range is decrased 3/2 (20-25 km) when launched land. But I think his range not be accepted for siper core missile.

2-) For this reason gökdoğan missile fuel section is enlarged and they maked siper g-40 missile who have range 40 km and can be useable for mid range air defense.

Gogtug-696x928.jpg

3-After that we see this infographic ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-03-30-214446-pbs-twimg-com.png

Siper missile big probably g-40 for first stage and booster for second stage. In my expectation t-300 kasırga missile fuel section and rocket motor can be used for booster. Also possible diameters in infographics approve it.

Kasırga block II carry 190 kg warhead + guidance systems (can be warhead + guidance systems around 250 kg) to 90 km . (total weight is 670 kg) . G-40 kind of missiles around 300-350 kg .

4- So kasırga block 2 fuel section + rocket motor can be carry g-40 missile to 30 km . (90 km total range -45 km range for real range and -15 km for + weight) As you know balistic missiles real range is generally half of his range but hers maximize his altitude after that freefall like a bomb and incrase his ranges. After that first stage can work and g-40 missile can reach +120 km total 150 km .

5- Why +120 km g-40 range. Just because if aa missiles lose his 3/2 range if launched from land. 40 km land launched g-40 missile can be fly +120 km if you reach him aircraft launch conditions with booster.

6- Çafrad çfr and ayr range also 150 km so thats approve me.

7- Also we have teirs s band radar for horizon search and mar-d for semi active guidance until terminal active radar guidance (big probably 65 km ranged gökdoğan active radar seeker will used on siper.) mar-d 85 km (total range of radar 100 km ) after that 65 km gökdoğan seeker.

So

that just a matter of time we will wait and see.

Guys i would like to know the cost of Hisar A missile. İ am little bit confused.

1) MANPADS ( stinger- igla-mistral) have IR seekers and their range is 5000m , altitude is 3500meters. And they cost nearly 50k USD.

2) Although MANPADS have less range , Rolling Airframe Missile uses stinger's IR seeker and sidewinder fuselage. Moreover one RAM missile costs nearly 500k USD!!!!! One RAM system with 21 missiles costs 10million usd!!

3) Sidewinder also costs 500k USD.

What makes sidewinder much more expensive? Not just sidewinder , Also mica-umkhonto- Hisar A type missiles cost also nearly 500k- 1million USD.
( I am not asking about radars-launcher systems. Especially cost of missiles)

What is difference between Manpads and those missiles? Do RF command,Dual band data links systems make missiles expensive?

Comparing -50k usd- Manpads between short range SAM like Hisar , Mica, Umkhonto , are there another systems which have middle price range?

AFAIK Crotale's R440 missile costs nearly 150k usd but it gives 8000m range 4500m altitude. HQ-7 which is Chinese copy of crotale also has low price.

Pantsir's The 57E6 missiles don’t have any onboard guidance systems, but instead continually receive targeting data via radio from the launch vehicle until they detonate near the target while soaring at Mach 3, supposedly with an estimated 70 percent hit probability.

Another promising new systems are both laser guided Starstreak and SAAB RBS 70. Although they are manpads cost 50-60k , they can reach targets at 5000m altitude and at 7000m range.
I really wonder how much a -Hisar A -missile costs.

Last edited:
There are 3 possibilities:
A) Hisar-A isn't ready for deployment on the Syria border. (e.g. needs more development and/or testing)
B) Turkey doesn't want to reveal its technical specs (radar frequencies, range, etc) as per OPSEC/SIGINT purposes to the Russians, Americans and Israelis before it's been produced in sufficient numbers. So we decided not to deploy it, yet. We've sent a HAWK system instead.
C) It's been deployed but it's very well hidden for obvious reasons.

it is said that Siper is not derivative of any other missile, so it is not G40 or Gokdogan.
Who say that ?

İf you say Tübitak sage Head , he just say siper not a independent company project like a göktuğ, siper is a joint project.

Big probaply roketsan will give second stage booster, sage wil give core missile and aselsan will provide radar suit and command control suit also bmc or hema can provide carrier trucks.

On the other hand logic and infographic says us that is boostered göktuğ just because we cannot complete a total air defense system until 2021.

Fellas. I think you're taking the silhouette on the infographic a bit too literally. It's just an introductory marketing document, not an engineering schematic. Despite what the infographic shows, Siper will almost certainly be a vertically-launched missile similar to Hisar and S-400. Tubitak-SAGE is currently developing a Turkish vertical cold launch system.

Back
Top Bottom