What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

tell me what your newspaper moscow times told you. gorbachev got drunk fell down, hit his head and got the famous scar and said "the russion bear which was supposed to never turn back once it attacked has accomplished its mission in afghanistan and now i am also liberating azerbaijan because they make good such seekh kebabs. goes well with vodka" :police:
You can perform well in a circus. :lol::lol::lol:
@vostok comrade, any thoughts about this moron?

Can you both evaluate for Turkey and Azerbaijan.

And if you have knowledge can you evaluate Kazaks opnion about Turkey. I know Kırgızistan are pro-Turkic.. but i have seen some comment from Kazaks saying we are not Turks but Arabs. We have no Turkic blood, etc...

Interesting.
What's the opinion of central Asian turks about Russia, and Russians, in general? what's their opinion about us?

@Sinan it depends on particular person's world view i guess. to generalise would be a mistake. some kazaks are heavily pro-russian, so in their eyes anatolian turk is not a turk but some arab or kurd. surely, this comes from ottoman-russian and usa-soviet rivalries. during soviet era, turkey was viewed as imperial pawn for letting US place jupiter missiles on its soil. i still remember history lessons where ottomans and anatolian turks were depicted as enslavers of free nations, ruthless murderers etc. who were muslims (ergo, arab). and as Targon said, i've met a bunch of people in turkey who said we are not turks. generally these kind of morons are islamists and from their point of view a turk must be a muslim and must read kuran.

@rmi5 central asian turks roughly can be divided into three groups regarding russia and russians. 1. islamists. they hate kuffar russians. 2. nationalist/turanist. they also hate russia for imperialist goals and their viewing central asia as some russian backyard full of illiterate and ignorant population. some think russians fvcked our culture, language (IMHO it was islam that did that, but let's not go OT) but at the same time some acknowledge that without russians we probably would still be in feudal period. 3. pro-russians. generally these are old school commies and anti-turkist/anti-islamists. some still long for soviet union and say we should stay close to russia no matter what.
in light of this i can say islamists' view about turkey is mixed. some still see it as the land of the last khilafah (these are generally old generation) and others (younger ones) view turkey as heavily western, thus not friendly.
nationalist/turanist - i think there's no need to explain.
commies view turkey as an element that fuels islam and nationalism. they're definitely against turkey and turks whatsoever.

hope i answered your questions.

@Sinan it depends on particular person's world view i guess. to generalise would be a mistake. some kazaks are heavily pro-russian, so in their eyes anatolian turk is not a turk but some arab or kurd. surely, this comes from ottoman-russian and usa-soviet rivalries. during soviet era, turkey was viewed as imperial pawn for letting US place jupiter missiles on its soil. i still remember history lessons where ottomans and anatolian turks were depicted as enslavers of free nations, ruthless murderers etc. who were muslims (ergo, arab). and as Targon said, i've met a bunch of people in turkey who said we are not turks. generally these kind of morons are islamists and from their point of view a turk must be a muslim and must read kuran.

@rmi5 central asian turks roughly can be divided into three groups regarding russia and russians. 1. islamists. they hate kuffar russians. 2. nationalist/turanist. they also hate russia for imperialist goals and their viewing central asia as some russian backyard full of illiterate and ignorant population. some think russians fvcked our culture, language (IMHO it was islam that did that, but let's not go OT) but at the same time some acknowledge that without russians we probably would still be in feudal period. 3. pro-russians. generally these are old school commies and anti-turkist/anti-islamists. some still long for soviet union and say we should stay close to russia no matter what.
in light of this i can say islamists' view about turkey is mixed. some still see it as the land of the last khilafah (these are generally old generation) and others (younger ones) view turkey as heavily western, thus not friendly.
nationalist/turanist - i think there's no need to explain.
commies view turkey as an element that fuels islam and nationalism. they're definitely against turkey and turks whatsoever.

hope i answered your questions.
Thank you very much for your detailed full answer.
Now, I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions as well.
How these three groups see Azeris?
What percentage of these countries are islamist? how much turanist? how much commie?
What's the Russians opinions about us?

Turkmenistan, S. Korea sign $4 billion gas deal

turkmenistan-south-korea.jpg

Turkmengaz will work with South Korea's LG and Hyundai to build a gas-processing plants in Turkmenistan in a deal woth $4 billion.

World Bulletin / News Desk

Turkmenistan and South Korea have agreed to build a natural gas-processing plants worth $4 billion in the Central Asian country after South Korean leader Park Geun-Hye met with counterpart Gurbanguly Berdymukhammedov on Friday.

The deal was one of many signed, permissing Turkmengaz and South Korea's LG and Hyundai to build the gas-processing plants in Turkmenistan, during Park's first visit to Turkmenistan as part of her Central Asia tour.

Saying that the two countries complement each other economically, Park added "you have energy resources and we are experienced in economic development and high-tech."

Berdymukhammedov likewise pointed out that South Korean businesses are already present in Turkmenistan, having implemented nine projects worth $5.5 billion.

THE RISE OF TURKMEN GAS
Turkmenistan has the fourth largest gas reserves in the world estimated at 32 trillion cubic meters.

Already producing around 80 billion cubic meters of gas per year of export for Chinese, Russian, Iranian and central Asian markets, Turkmenistan is also becoming an alternative to Russian gas for Europe.

Along with a number of projects to increase its export of gas to meet demand, a planned pipeline from Turkmenistan across the Caspian Sea to Azerbaijan and Turkey is set open the way for gas to be transported to the European market.

Turkmenistan, which has traditionally seen the Asian continent as a more attractive market for its gas reserves, is also looking for alternative markets, with tensions mounting along the Kyrgyzistan-Tajikistan border putting pipelines to China increasingly under threat.

Also, with neighbor Kazakhstan already in the Russian-led Customs Union and Kyzgyzstan becoming likely member in the future, old Soviet alliances could cause problems for Turkmenistan's eastern exports.

Last month's natural gas deal between Russia and China will also add an element of competition to lower prices for the Chinese market, while Russia ally Iran could also potentially block deliveries to the West.

Turkmenistan, S. Korea sign $4 billion gas deal | Economy | Worldbulletin News

Old news, 2004

KAZAKH PRESIDENT FOR HAJJ

ASTANA, MARCH 3, RIA NOVOSTI - President Nursultan Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan, now in Saudi Arabia on an official visit, intends to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, and another one to the Prophet's Mosque in Medina, where he will attend Friday public worship, reports the Kazinform, Kazakhstan's government news agency.
Today, President Nazarbayev was received by Crown Prince Abdullah ibn Abdul Aziz al Saud, who is ruling the country in lieu of his ailing father, King Fahd, 81.

The conferees discussed bilateral partnership, particularly trade and other economic contacts. President Nazarbayev called Saudi entrepreneurs to invest in many Kazakh economic branches, oil-and-gas industry included.

His Royal Highness Abdullah ibn Abdul Aziz decorated the visitor with the Order of Great Badr. President Nazarbayev was the first CIS country leader to receive it. In response, he awarded the high Kazakh Order of Dostyk (Friendship) to the Crown Prince.

KAZAKH PRESIDENT FOR HAJJ | Online news | RIA Novosti

Turkmenistan, S. Korea sign $4 billion gas deal
turkmenistan-south-korea.jpg

Turkmengaz will work with South Korea's LG and Hyundai to build a gas-processing plants in Turkmenistan in a deal woth $4 billion.

World Bulletin / News Desk

Turkmenistan and South Korea have agreed to build a natural gas-processing plants worth $4 billion in the Central Asian country after South Korean leader Park Geun-Hye met with counterpart Gurbanguly Berdymukhammedov on Friday.

The deal was one of many signed, permissing Turkmengaz and South Korea's LG and Hyundai to build the gas-processing plants in Turkmenistan, during Park's first visit to Turkmenistan as part of her Central Asia tour.

Saying that the two countries complement each other economically, Park added "you have energy resources and we are experienced in economic development and high-tech."

Berdymukhammedov likewise pointed out that South Korean businesses are already present in Turkmenistan, having implemented nine projects worth $5.5 billion.

THE RISE OF TURKMEN GAS
Turkmenistan has the fourth largest gas reserves in the world estimated at 32 trillion cubic meters.

Already producing around 80 billion cubic meters of gas per year of export for Chinese, Russian, Iranian and central Asian markets, Turkmenistan is also becoming an alternative to Russian gas for Europe.

Along with a number of projects to increase its export of gas to meet demand, a planned pipeline from Turkmenistan across the Caspian Sea to Azerbaijan and Turkey is set open the way for gas to be transported to the European market.

Turkmenistan, which has traditionally seen the Asian continent as a more attractive market for its gas reserves, is also looking for alternative markets, with tensions mounting along the Kyrgyzistan-Tajikistan border putting pipelines to China increasingly under threat.

Also, with neighbor Kazakhstan already in the Russian-led Customs Union and Kyzgyzstan becoming likely member in the future, old Soviet alliances could cause problems for Turkmenistan's eastern exports.

Last month's natural gas deal between Russia and China will also add an element of competition to lower prices for the Chinese market, while Russia ally Iran could also potentially block deliveries to the West.

Turkmenistan, S. Korea sign $4 billion gas deal | Economy | Worldbulletin News

pretty sure they are not going for the pipeline across Caspian
very stupid mistake to keep selling gas really cheap to Russia while Russia sells its own gas for a lot more to Europe

very stupid mistake to keep selling gas really cheap to Russia while Russia sells its own gas for a lot more to Europe

Aren't they obliged to do so? Without Russian investment, they wouldn't be exporting anything.

i think they're going for that caspian hub. with this move, they'd be in position to blackmail every gas buyer. for, they'd be able to sell it to europe, iran, russia from there, but they didn't state where that gas will go. smart move.

Aren't they obliged to do so? Without Russian investment, they wouldn't be exporting anything.

no, there isn't any russian investment in turkmen gas. generally they borrow money from investment banks (bank of asia, deutsche something bank, some arab bank i don't remember name). last time i checked, turkmenbashi threatened russia to cut supply of gas if russia won't increase the price. and russia did..

Last edited:
Бунт в одном из районов Ашхабада | Хроника Туркменистана

sorry, only russian.
translation: "residents of one of ashgabat's neighborhoods clashed with government representatives after the latter demanded that residents remove air conditioners, because they spoil the general view of the city. residents routed government officials. later, police were called to the region. residents hurled stones at them. after, one truck full of soldiers and some MNB (ex-KGB) officers arrived at the scene. residents calmed down after they were given the word that they can keep air conditioners. its 41-42 degress celcius in ashgabat, and air conditioning is the only means to sustain somewhat bearable life."

wow, that's a first! really, first in 20 some years of independence.

Thank you very much for your detailed full answer.
Now, I would appreciate it if you can answer the following questions as well.
How these three groups see Azeris?
What percentage of these countries are islamist? how much turanist? how much commie?
What's the Russians opinions about us?

if we are to generalise, of these three groups, only turanists have some opinion on azeris. islamists look up to arab wahhabis and don't care even about their neighbours. commies look up to old mother russia or only concerned about their respective countries. turanists, there's no need to deliver an opinion IMO.
as for percentage,it varies from country to country but i'm sure that commies are the smallest group. islamists are majority in uzbekistan, for it've always been the land of all kinds of sects and holy people. the've been very influential throughout history in every muslim-turk state founded in these lands (timurids, sheybanids, bukhara khanate etc.). no wonder they have their own taliban-al-qaeda offshoot a.k.a. IDU (islamic movement of uzbekistan).
kyrgyz are somewhat nominally muslims LOL. we were the last to convert to islam (18. century. mahmud bin wali in his 17. century work "bahru'l asrar" says "kyrgyz are kafirs"). we are turan/nationalists
in majority. though, in the last decade saudis opened a lot of islamic centres and actively promoting islam. nowadays you can see women in hijab even in northern regions, which were historically a lot less islam and a lot more tengrianism.
kazakhs are also majority turan/nationalists. though, they were the most assimilated group in CA (they were constantly in contact with russians from 17. century onwards), but after dissolution of USSR, they've regained most of what they given up in the name of russification.

that's it for now. i'm kind of tired LOL.

if we are to generalise, of these three groups, only turanists have some opinion on azeris. islamists look up to arab wahhabis and don't care even about their neighbours. commies look up to old mother russia or only concerned about their respective countries. turanists, there's no need to deliver an opinion IMO.
as for percentage,it varies from country to country but i'm sure that commies are the smallest group. islamists are majority in uzbekistan, for it've always been the land of all kinds of sects and holy people. the've been very influential throughout history in every muslim-turk state founded in these lands (timurids, sheybanids, bukhara khanate etc.). no wonder they have their own taliban-al-qaeda offshoot a.k.a. IDU (islamic movement of uzbekistan).
kyrgyz are somewhat nominally muslims LOL. we were the last to convert to islam (18. century. mahmud bin wali in his 17. century work "bahru'l asrar" says "kyrgyz are kafirs"). we are turan/nationalists
in majority. though, in the last decade saudis opened a lot of islamic centres and actively promoting islam. nowadays you can see women in hijab even in northern regions, which were historically a lot less islam and a lot more tengrianism.
kazakhs are also majority turan/nationalists. though, they were the most assimilated group in CA (they were constantly in contact with russians from 17. century onwards), but after dissolution of USSR, they've regained most of what they given up in the name of russification.

that's it for now. i'm kind of tired LOL.

:tup: Thank you very much. It was a very comprehensive, and complete answer. :tup:

Turkish foreign minister has demanded Iraqi ethnic groups to respect Turkmens as the war-torn country's what he called "main elements", a week after Kurdish fighters seized the full control of disputed city of Kirkuk.

"While all elements in the region should respect the peace of Turkmens, it is both Turkey's demand and something it attaches importance that Turkmens also build good relations with them," Ahmet Davutoğlu told a joint news conference after a meeting with Iraqi Turkmen Front leader Arshad Salihi in Ankara on Monday.

Salihi attempted to silence critics over his visit to Ankara, saying that it is very "normal" that they hold talks with every side as a political party.

He traveled to Ankara a week after Kurdish Peshmerga fighters overrun Kirkuk amid cries of Turkmens and Arabs that Kurds refuse power-sharing in administration of the contested city.

As Sunni insurgents swept over a large chunk of northern Iraq and barreled toward Baghdad the past two weeks, Kurdish fighters known as peshmerga seized territory of their own, effectively expanding the Kurdish-run region into areas it has long claimed. Most notably, they grabbed the oil center of Kirkuk.

In Kirkuk, Sunni Arabs and ethnic Turkmens - who have long opposed Kurdish claims over the city - threaten a revolt if the Kurds don't share administration of the city and any oil revenues.

Kirkuk, 180 miles (290 kilometers) north of Baghdad, is home to Arabs, Kurds and Turkmen, who all have competing claims to the area. Kurds have long wanted to incorporate it into their largely autonomous region, but Arabs and Turkmen are opposed.

Salihi said few days ago that his community is also arming, partly to defend against militants but also in case Kurds won't share Kirkuk. "Turkmens need to defend themselves," said Salihi.

In Ankara, Salihi offered peace for other ethnic groups, stating that Iraq will be stronger if all sects and groups co-exist peacefully. He said his negotiations with Turkey will benefit all groups in the country.

Davutoğlu pledged humanitarian aid to Turkmens and ordered state aid agency to work out ways to provide assistance to the Turkmens. Rejecting possible sectarian conflict, Davutoğlu said Ankara wants Kirkuk to be the "city of peace."
Turkey demands respect for Iraqi Turkmens, pledges aid

@rmi5 , long time no speaking, how are you doing bro :D , it is hard times for turkic world,huh?

@rmi5 , long time no speaking, how are you doing bro :D , it is hard times for turkic world,huh?
Hi bro, I am doing fine.
Poor turkmens are betrayed by Erdogan. It seems that ISIS reached an agreement with kurds and they split northern Iraq between each other. Kurds have also captured Kirkuk and connected its oil production to KRG-Turkey pipeline and started to export it. Erdogan seems to be happy that he would have more oil, even if the oil comes from Turkmen areas that are captured by kurds. Tal Afar, another Turkmen city, i also captured by ISIS. Erdogan did not care again. Erdogan does not care for Turkic brotherhood at all, and these events was another proof. He is a georgian(laz) and his wife is a kurd. He is not a turk and does not care about turks. He is also damaging Turkey's benefits in long term. One needs to be very naive to think that this kurdish oil money would not be converted to arms that are going to be used against Turkish soldiers by PKK.
Paying oil money to kurds = bullets that will be shoot to Turkish soldiers by PKK in the near future
But, Erdogan does not care about it. I wish at least Azerbaijan was more powerful and had the power to support Turkmen, but, unfortunately we are not.

Back
Top Bottom