What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

@ASQ-1918 , is the Uzbek language more influenced by persian than the other Turkic countries surrpunding it?
İ have more hard time understanding it.
Yes it is. The Uzbek language has the most influence from Arabic and Persian from of all Turkic languages

Orkhon inscriptions on Azerbaijani "manat".

5_manat_G%C3%BCl_Tigin_Yaz%C4%B1lar%C4%B1.jpg

Our camels are of the same type. :enjoy:

As I understand it, these came to exist after Turkic nomads brough the so-called Bactrian camels from Central Asia to the region? I wonder if they also exists in other countries around the region.

IfRVKRT.jpg

Yeah most likely, full Bactrian camels are called Buhur/Maya here, I don't know what they mean.

So when we said camel you automatically remembered Arabs ? not sure if racist :D

So since Arabian horses are the most well-known/majestic/expensive/iconic/revered horses in the world then you think about Arabs each time the word horse is mentioned? Some people do which is idiotic to put it mildly.:lol:

Camels are not native to the Arab world but the Horn of Africa. More wild camels live in the Horn of Africa and Australia than anywhere else.

Besides what have animals to do with racism or a race? Do you think about Black people and Sub-Saharan Africans when lions are mentioned, LOL? The Arab world has a very diverse animal life so plenty of associations to pick from. To attach animals with ethnic groups or people is extremely silly when those animals, in this case camels, are not even native and found across the world.
Some people associate Turkic people with camels too, especially the more Turkic people in Central Asia. Besides historically camels played major roles in the most ancient civilization on earth (those in the ME) and outside of it and where the most expensive way of transportation on land outside of horses. They are clever and useful animals although I am not familiar with them as animals but that's what most people say and history shows.

@al-Hasani

Do you have something similar ?

Not that I know about. I have not seen those types of camels in the Arab world either. But I once ate camel meat in Egypt and it was quite tasty. Do you eat them in Turkey or what?

People has to learn the difference between stereotypes and racism.

...a true racist would ask al-Hasani if he ever fvcked a camel like that... :lol:
well, it would still be a stereotype...

People has to learn the difference between stereotypes and racism.

...a true racist would ask al-Hasani if he ever fvcked a camel like that... :lol:
well, it would still be a stereotype...

Well, I guess racists could ask Turks the same question since camels are native to Central Asia and closely attached to Turkic people. Or something involving donkeys. There are many strange and ignorant people out there with complexes. Maybe you are one of them?

So since Arabian horses are the most well-known/majestic/expensive/iconic/revered horses in the world then you think about Arabs each time the word horse is mentioned? Some people do which is idiotic to put it mildly.:lol:

Camels are not native to the Arab world but the Horn of Africa. More wild camels live in the Horn of Africa and Australia than anywhere else.

Besides what have animals to do with racism or a race? Do you think about Black people and Sub-Saharan Africans when lions are mentioned, LOL? The Arab world has a very diverse animal life so plenty of associations to pick from. To attach animals with ethnic groups or people is extremely silly when those animals, in this case camels, are not even native and found across the world.
Some people associate Turkic people with camels too, especially the more Turkic people in Central Asia. Besides historically camels played major roles in the most ancient civilization on earth (those in the ME) and outside of it and where the most expensive way of transportation on land outside of horses. They are clever and useful animals although I am not familiar with them as animals but that's what most people say and history shows.

Not that I know about. I have not seen those types of camels in the Arab world either. But I once ate camel meat in Egypt and it was quite tasty. Do you eat them in Turkey or what?

Did you took your time to write an essay over that simple comment :D

They're not bred enough to be eaten, most of camels are either for wrestling or touristic show, few remaining nomads also have some camels. But as far as I heard , sometimes during the wrestling fests, old and defeated camels are made sausages and sold in the square, as far as I know not in my region but at Aegean region I guess.

Well, I guess racists could ask Turks the same question since camels are native to Central Asia and closely attached to Turkic people. Or something involving donkeys. There are many strange and ignorant people out there with complexes. Maybe you are one of them?
naah :D I'm not that shallow... if I wanna hurt your feelings I can come up with much more solid stuff :)

naah :D I'm not that shallow... if I wanna hurt your feelings I can come up with much more solid stuff :)

I am sure that I can that as well.:)

Also you can't hurt my feelings. I don't take the internet that seriously let alone PDF which is home to many lunatics and ignorants.

I have never heard about Camel meat in Turkey, but horse meat is quiet popular among Turkic people though (except Turkey and Azerbaijan).

Did you took your time to write an essay over that simple comment :D

They're not bred enough to be eaten, most of camels are either for wrestling or touristic show, few remaining nomads also have some camels. But as far as I heard , sometimes during the wrestling fests, old and defeated camels are made sausages and sold in the square, as far as I know not in my region but at Aegean region I guess.

Nevertheless it was a very correct reply. It actually only took me 2-3 minutes. I know what you tried to start there.

Ok, that's interesting. I don't actually know which camels you can eat or not or how it is. But diary products from camels are very tasty. Camel meat is popular in Egypt and a few other Arab states. In KSA it is mostly eaten by some of the elder generation in the historical Najd region. It's just like any other meat. But I know that old camels are not eaten and only parts of it obviously, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom