What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Isn't thats basically just presumption ? I mean those languages have little to no surviving written sources, its seems likemain reason why they're classified like this is because Chuvash is the only non-Kipchak dialect in Eurasia, but I don't think thats a proof.

Isn't thats basically just presumption ? I mean those languages have little to no surviving written sources, its seems likemain reason why they're classified like this is because Chuvash is the only non-Kipchak dialect in Eurasia, but I don't think thats a proof.

I don't think so. Most scholars, turkologists and linguists classify the Chuvash language as Oghur Turkic language just like Khazar, Avar and Bulgar languages but they are not so sure about the Hunnic language

Here is something interesting about Chuvash language

Chuvash (Чӑвашла, Čăvašla; IPA: [tɕəʋaʂˈla])[2] is a Turkic language spoken in central Russia, primarily in the Chuvash Republic and adjacent areas. It is the only surviving member of the Oghur branch of Turkic languages. While many Turkic languages demonstrate mutual intelligibility to varying degrees, Chuvash has diverged considerably from the other languages in the group

Chuvash is the most distinctive of the Turkic languages and cannot be understood by speakers of other Turkic tongues. Today, Chuvash is classified, alongside Khazar, Turkic Avar, Bulgar, and (possibly) Hunnic, as a member of the Oghuric branch of theTurkic language family. It is the only language of this family which is not extinct. The conclusion that Chuvash belongs to the Oghuric branch of Turkic arises from the reasoning that the vocabulary shows the language to belong to the r- and l- type which is typical for all languages of this branch. The rest of the Turkic languages (Common Turkic) are of the z- and š- type."[13]

Since the surviving literary records for the non-Chuvash members of Oghuric are scant, the exact position of Chuvash within the Oghuric family cannot be determined.

Formerly, scholars considered Chuvash not properly a Turkic language at all but, rather, a Turkicized Finno-Ugric (Uralic) language.[14]

Chuvash language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think so. Most scholars, turkologists and linguists classify the Chuvash language as Oghur Turkic language just like Khazar, Avar and Bulgar languages but they are not so sure about the Hunnic language

Here is something interesting about Chuvash language

Chuvash (Чӑвашла, Čăvašla; IPA: [tɕəʋaʂˈla])[2] is a Turkic language spoken in central Russia, primarily in the Chuvash Republic and adjacent areas. It is the only surviving member of the Oghur branch of Turkic languages. While many Turkic languages demonstrate mutual intelligibility to varying degrees, Chuvash has diverged considerably from the other languages in the group

Chuvash is the most distinctive of the Turkic languages and cannot be understood by speakers of other Turkic tongues. Today, Chuvash is classified, alongside Khazar, Turkic Avar, Bulgar, and (possibly) Hunnic, as a member of the Oghuric branch of theTurkic language family. It is the only language of this family which is not extinct. The conclusion that Chuvash belongs to the Oghuric branch of Turkic arises from the reasoning that the vocabulary shows the language to belong to the r- and l- type which is typical for all languages of this branch. The rest of the Turkic languages (Common Turkic) are of the z- and š- type."[13]

Since the surviving literary records for the non-Chuvash members of Oghuric are scant, the exact position of Chuvash within the Oghuric family cannot be determined.

Formerly, scholars considered Chuvash not properly a Turkic language at all but, rather, a Turkicized Finno-Ugric (Uralic) language.[14]

Chuvash language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I meant why other languages are classified under same family with Chuvash ? as far as I know there isn't enough sources to properly classify them, just because Chuvash is distinct to today's Kipchak dialects ?

I meant why other languages are classified under same family with Chuvash ? as far as I know there isn't enough sources to properly classify them, just because Chuvash is distinct to today's Kipchak dialects ?

Well, Chuvash is basically distinct to all Turkic languages

That's the reason why scholars believe this:

The conclusion that Chuvash belongs to the Oghuric branch of Turkic arises from the reasoning that the vocabulary shows the language to belong to the r- and l- type which is typical for all languages of this branch. The rest of the Turkic languages (Common Turkic) are of the z- and š- type

The common Turkic languages are Oghuz (Turkish language), Kipchak (Kazakh language), Karluk (Uzbek language) and Siberian (Yakut language)

Last edited:
A beautiful song from our Uyghur brothers

Our brother singer lives in atayurt( father land) too far from Turkey, but the language is the same. I do not know but this makes you feel inexpressible things.

We are really amazing people...

Thank you Ahiska...

btw very close to Karadeniz district...especially ''-dur'' ....

Last edited:
I don't always check this thread bro and also don't click on every video.

By the way when you look at that video, it almost felt similar to Nativa American culture and music.

Not only are Native Americans similar to Turkics in culture and lifestyle. Native Americans also have the grey wolf as their symbol.

Back
Top Bottom