What's new

Turkic - Anatolian Cuisines

Yeah we have it but I only heard, not of my region's thingy :) there is several different names for soups made with yoghurt, like Toyga çorbası, Yayla çorbası, Ayran aşı. I don't know if they're all same stuff :)

I think a well made Tarhana is best, followed by red lentil soup and kesme çorbası(it has different names&variants)

Do you know Greeks claim Karniyarik is Greek ? :lol:

They didn't even take the time to change the name.

Also they say they are making it since ancient times. They didn't even have those vegetables in Europe during ancient times. During the middle-ages Europeans brought it to Europe.

And everybody who has some concept of history knows how primitive European cuisine was during medieval times. Because of all the diseases in Europe, they were happy they could find something to put in their stomach.

The truth is with the age of the Ottomans, cuisines in Europe formed. Unfortunately, they don't give us credit to anything and as the saying goes. If you don't claim your rights, others will claim your rights.

Do you know Greeks claim Karniyarik is Greek ? :lol:

They didn't even take the time to change the name.

Also they say they are making it since ancient times. They didn't even have those vegetables in Europe during ancient times. During the middle-ages Europeans brought it to Europe.

And everybody who has some concept of history knows how primitive European cuisine was during medieval times. Because of all the diseases in Europe, they were happy they could find something to put in their stomach.

The truth is with the age of the Ottomans, cuisines in Europe formed. Unfortunately, they don't give us credit to anything and as the saying goes. If you don't claim your rights, others will claim your rights.
:rofl:

Ok, lets post some of my favorites too.

Bozbaş

xgfUdbk.jpg

Dovğa

RjWOIXZ.jpg

Qovurma

WFcqS7X.jpg

Çığırtma Plov

YH4aZyz.jpg
Çığırtma Plov it's very similar to our cekdirme but if these to are same than it cant be called as plov (white Rice ) :D how do you make one ? :D i didn't know you make sirki sarmsak , we call those white rice cooked as suzme , we hae alot of food cooked by suzme rice

we have this Qovurma in exact way you cooked in the pic we cook it in qurban bayram but it's only one of the Qovurmas we have a lot more , do you have more type of that food too ? :D

Dovğa and Bozbaş was new ty , the last thing i wanna ask do you have ghatighlash ? (azeri- qatikli ash ) it's made of suzme and ghure balik (kure balik ) we eat it for dinner it's a light food :D

Last edited:
Looks very similar to our cuisine, and you have Karnıyarık too ? wow :D

Wonder if bishme is same as our pishi/bishi , its basically fried dough with salt, check it as "pişi" in google.

Also wonder if its only looks similar or Turkmen boreg is same as Çiğ Börek, that stuff brought to Turkey by Tatars :)

Acuka
DSC_3487.jpg

Peppers, spices and god knows what else, I like it eating it at breakfast with bread, I guess its of Caucasian origin, we have a similar stuff called Salça but its mainly for flavouring dishes.

more-jam-mom.jpg
im sure bishime some here also call it pishme are some :smitten:

Çiğ Börek borog are one of our borogs we have a lot of borog's types :yahoo:

i thought acuka is a chi kofte :D :lol:

Karnı Yarık is my famous home meal.... your food culture and food names almost same with us so actually we bring these culture from Central Asia ;)

Thanks for sharing...
like we always say " one nation two states "

Yeah its Yoghurt with sarmısak in it, goes well with fried stuff.

Mixed fried stuff is either served with it, or with a tomato sauce
karisik-kizartma.jpg

Its pretty common at home dinners since its easy to prepare.

Back
Top Bottom