What's new

Trolls with multiple id's coming back again and again.

Not many people would be willing to give their mobile number to the forum.
Yes only those will give away the numbers who are interested in serious discussions. Mobile based verification made it hard for trolls to create fake accounts.

Yes only those will give away the numbers who are interested in serious discussions. Mobile based verification made it hard for trolls to create fake accounts.
I'm sure it will dissuade non trollers as well from joining the forum. I'm sure I wouldn't give my mobile number, and I think it would be safe to guess that many others won't either.

I'm sure it will dissuade non trollers as well from joining the forum. I'm sure I wouldn't give my mobile number, and I think it would be safe to guess that many others won't either.
why won't you give away your mobile number? Why you think that's insecure? Don't you give it for services like Google or facebook for verification and two step authentication?

why won't you give away your mobile number? Why you think that's insecure? Don't you give it for services like Google or facebook for verification and two step authentication?
Those sites use a secure, encrypted protocol, and their employees cannot see it or give it away unless they have legal justification to do so. You can type in your credit card details at ebay or a bank's website, and none of its employees can ever see it. But you wouldn't enter your CC details in a less secure website, would you?

Those sites use a secure, encrypted protocol, and their employees cannot see it or give it away unless they have legal justification to do so. You can type in your credit card details at ebay or a bank's website, and none of its employees can ever see it. But you wouldn't enter your CC details in a less secure website, would you?
How come mobile number is sensitive like credit card? Anyway it depends upon personal preferences and reasons but to me its no more different then your Email address. If I spend time on a discussion forum I trust them at least with my mobile number if it improves the quality of discussion.

How come mobile number is sensitive like credit card? Anyway it depends upon personal preferences and reason but to me its no more different then your Email number. If I spend time on a discussion forum I trust them at least with my mobile number if it improves the quality of discussion.

The difference is that email addresses can be made and discarded. You could create an email address just for joining PDF. But cell phone numbers OTOH are much more personal, and can be used to harass you or track you down. (I suppose IP address and email addresses could also be used in that manner, but not that easily.)

All that an admin who is angry with you needs to do is give your cell number to a spam site or dating site or some other dubious place.

Damn @jbgt90, I have made it a point never to troll you again :help:
Be_afraid.jpg

That's the key to keep trolls away.
My point it that it will also keep a lot of non-trolling members away.

My point it that it will also keep a lot of non-trolling members away.
No it wont. It will only keep trolls away. Any reasonable person looking for discussion wouldn't mind sharing mobile number with one of the most active forums. Higher chances it will effect the new signups from India which is not that bad.

:raise: @Jungibaaz you cloased my thread which was dealing with the issue in OP! I went on vacation and when I came back thread closed :cray:

And yea I hate you too @Aether :cray:

Proposing new systems for PDF

It was proposing new systems...a place to reflect any idea that comes to your mind...at that time the picture spoke a thousand words on trolls for multiple ids...I had to leave for vacation so couldnt fill the thread... :cray:

Tum log mayri threads kay dushman kiyun ho :cray:

Last edited:

My mobile no on a forum where admin is aeronaut LOL!!!!!

Hi Mods,

This is now become a very serious problem with guys who have been banned now back with variations in their usernames, a new name and so forth. They are easily recognisable as they simply resort back to their original form within a post or two.

I'll keep on using the report button, but thought a heads up was important.

This problem is haunting forum for long, mods have not been able to fix this problem completely.

Back
Top Bottom