Not open for further replies.

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10014645_10152321547642329_802066542_n.jpg

:raise: Natural selection on 1st day :pop:

Troll keeps the forum alive. Without trolls and any tough stands/action would be disastrous (soft form) .
Instad of any action, trolls must be discouraged only through soft punishments like negitive rating (which is already inplace).

That would kill this forum.

But, putting some sort of gate and somehow scanning all new people might be worth a shot.
If I could make any changes, I'd have more mods, but also I'd have some system to scan all new ID's made to see if any match the old ones.

Then we could watch the members to see if they've changed their ways and to prevent their suicide trolling from ruining everything.

I feel bad everytime a suicide troll has showed up and he's managed to make others engage in 2-3 pages of trolling. One rotten apple spoils the bunch. Just like small quantity of viruses can lead to a widespread infection. 9 times out of 10, trolls provoke members that would have otherwise been normal in their posts.

@Aeronaut @WebMaster

I am actually surprised why you did not close the thread

The idea is not feasible and wouldn't work in it's simplest form, but discussing ways further might be worth a shot, we're open to suggestions right? That's what this section is for.

The idea is not feasible and wouldn't work in it's simplest form, but discussing ways further might be worth a shot, we're open to suggestions right? That's what this section is for.
You are a MOD, You know better :)

The only thing I would like to say is
  • As you already agreed that the idea is not feasible, the point of this thread?
  • The policy has historically been discussed amongst the management only unless the rules are changed
  • I agree about taking suggestion but whats a suggestion here? The first post is not clearly presenting the proposal. Usually the OP lay out principles of how we are going to carry the discussion under which direction but here she has just posted a picture with no explanation.
just an opinion Sir, the choice is yours

I never understood why we can not have more mods ? :what:

Are there no reliable Pakistani posters :lol: or Mod club is a private Ltd group ? :D

You are a MOD, You know better :)

Haha. That's rich coming from the person who actually mentored me!!!
You know better than I, trust me on that.

The only thing I would like to say is
  • As you already agreed that the idea is not feasible, the point of this thread?
  • The policy has historically been discussed amongst the management only unless the rules are changed
  • I agree about taking suggestion but whats a suggestion here? The first post is not clearly presenting the proposal. Usually the OP lay out principles of how we are going to carry the discussion under which direction but here she has just posted a picture with no explanation.
just an opinion Sir, the choice is yours

I do agree that the idea is not feasible, and won't be implemented. But the point of the thread itself isn't defeated I think. Altered a bit sure. Perhaps not a new system, but modifications to the old system can be discussed.

Now that you mention it, I do see no real solid and tangible suggestion. Give it a while, see if anything changes, I will end up closing it I know that much already.

Are there no reliable Pakistani posters :lol: or Mod club is a private Ltd group ? :D

And spread thin our salaries?? No way! :o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom