What's new

IMF comes down hard on Pakistan’s budget proposals

This unfortunate situation arises when those lacking competence are entrusted with significant responsibilities. Their actions demonstrate a clear intent not only to hinder any prospects of a decent livelihood in Pakistan but also to ensure the country's demise. If this isn't akin to a suicide bomb, then I'm unsure what is. I have a question for the esteemed members of this forum who have wholeheartedly supported the PDM-Establishment alliance: Whom should we hold accountable now? Who bears responsibility for this chaotic state of affairs and the impending economic failure? They have truly let us down this time. This is not about political affiliations; it is about our very survival.

648e34519cb56.jpg

My goodness, our country needs to be saved.

Don't our economists know basic economics?
Have an export driven economy.

Exports should exceed imports, lol.
It will take time to set up an export based industry; what we currently have is just a fraction of our true potential.

But the real problem is that people in the Finance Ministry have failed, Dar has failed miserably and he continues to bark against the IMF, his bark has caused quite a bit of damage I believe. And it is his ego which is wreaking havoc on the common man. I am hoping that he is changed very very soon and that some true economist is posted to the position of the Finance Minister who is aided by an entire team of economists. The target for the next 25 years should be to increase export and decrease import to the point where our reserves grow to atleast 20% of our GDP and exports outweigh imports.

A figure fudging expert accountant is heading the Ministry when a team of economists is required. Family over country. Shame.
When will we get someone like Manmohan Singh, I truly wonder. The way he changed the course of history for India is just phenomenal.

Don't worry guys, the establishment will have the money ready to save Pakistan from bankruptcy and economic collapse. After all, they took the decisions that led Pakistan to this. That means they definitely have the answer too.

When will we get someone like Manmohan Singh, I truly wonder. The way he changed the course of history for India is just phenomenal.
Manmohan Singh was a face of formidable team which included Montek Singh Ahluwalia.. This reform in 1991 was a decade in making.

You guys have tendency to force good people out when they are needed the most. Most recently Reza Baqir and Atif Mian.

Manmohan Singh was a face of formidable team which included Montek Singh Ahluwalia.. This reform in 1991 was a decade in making.

You guys have tendency to force good people out when they are needed the most. Most recently Reza Baqir and Atif Mian.
Atif Mian was untried so I cannot say whether he could have been good or not whereas Baqir was no success. Baqir was more of an IMF yes man who was under the impression that he would get another 5 year tenure for which he was pleasing the right people.....until those right people with power to appoint Baqir for another 5 years themselves got removed.

I personally think Atif Mian should have been given a chance. What we need is a true economist with a dedicated team of professionals taking input from all income generating portfolios and decision making with consensus amongst both the ruling party and the opposition for long term continuity of policy.

My goodness, our country needs to be saved.

Don't our economists know basic economics?
Have an export driven economy.

Exports should exceed imports, lol.
You're a national security threat if you read past page 1 of any Econ 101 textbook.

Our rulers are approaching the IMF the same way they approach the domestic economy, "give me money." They don't think about building sustainable revenue sources, avoiding rent-seeking, offsetting imports with exports, investing in high-value sectors via education, research, development, etc. We don't have true nation-builders in our leadership ranks; they get driven out of the country.

Pakistan is dying. And "Nero" plays the fiddle while she burns.
There is no sane mind left.

A figure fudging expert accountant is heading the Ministry when a team of economists is required. Family over country. Shame.
Abay family nahi, DHA plots, Popa John's franchise empire, overseas retirement, Johnny's career abroad and continued loyal service to the western colonial powers over country.

Munshi Dar, Sharifay and Bhuttoay are just small time crooks in the employ of the East India Pakistani Company Sepoys.

When we started reading newspapers in the 1980s, IMF debt was a "jungle" and a "torture". Today the situation is that IMF is being congratulated for getting a loan. It is called fall!

"Habib Akram",,

1688229515938.png

Back
Top Bottom