What's new

Ukraine's Bayraktar TB2 drones appear to be back in combat — and with devastating effect, reports say

Good question. And I really have no idea why all these years they haven't bought anything from Iran. One explanation is what you said,maybe they wanted not to harm the Armenian lobby's influence in America by doing something like this. Or maybe they didn't think UCAVs and kamikaze drones would be worth buying? I don't know. They could have spent money buying from another country,a bit more "neutral". But then again...no idea why.

Even Indian forces were not keen on UCAVs or armed UAVs before the Nogorno-Karabakh war. At times one has to consider people in the decision making seats are war vets of the 70s and 80s, and their view on assimilation of modern unmanned tech on battlefield is very limited.

And in a hurried last minute solution, they came up with contraption.

archer.jpg

1. In Libya GNA saved the capital from LNA encirclement/assault in the last moments they effectively used Bayraktar tb2 and Turkish suicide drones wreaking havoc upon the enemy.
That's true,Turkey's intervention saved the Sarraj government of Tripoli. They managed to save the GNA and helped them recover lost territory. Of course,they lost some 23 TB2s and some other drones...

That's true,Turkey's intervention saved the Sarraj government of Tripoli. They managed to save the GNA and helped them recover lost territory. Of course,they lost some 23 TB2s and some other drones...
Its easy to say any number but where is the visual proof. They had just 3 legit photos the 4th picture turned out to be fake they used earlier downed TB2 and set it in a different location to make it appear like a new hit. They got exposed. They were literally in war why do you take their claims for granted

Even Indian forces were not keen on UCAVs or armed UAVs before the Nogorno-Karabakh war. At times one has to consider people in the decision making seats are war vets of the 70s and 80s, and their view on assimilation of modern unmanned tech on battlefield is very limited.

And in a hurried last minute solution, they came up with contraption.

archer.jpg
Did you know that in Greece,we've had a UAV program since the early '80s? Our first indigenous UAV was Pegasus I with first flight in 1982 and introduction in 1992. In 2005 there was an upgraded version called Pegasus II introduced.

And then...nothing. Just to show you how much the Greek governments didn't care about indigenous projects. We had our own UAVs before the Turks even started and we did nothing about it.

Its easy to say any number but where is the visual proof. They had just 3 legit photos the 4th picture turned out to be fake they used earlier downed TB2 and set it in a different location to make it appear like a new hit. They got exposed. They were literally in war why do you take their claims for granted
There is visual proof,this is a list of all the confirmed TB2s and other drones that were shot down in the conflict. On both sides.

Screenshot_2021-08-05 List of aircraft shootdowns - Wikipedia.png

Edit: Interesting thing is,the LNA lost some Chinese Wing Loong II drones and the Italians and Americans lost an MQ-9 each.

Did you know that in Greece,we've had a UAV program since the early '80s? Our first indigenous UAV was Pegasus I with first flight in 1982 and introduction in 1992. In 2005 there was an upgraded version called Pegasus II introduced.

And then...nothing. Just to show you how much the Greek governments didn't care about indigenous projects. We had our own UAVs before the Turks even started and we did nothing about it.

There is visual proof,this is a list of all the confirmed TB2s and other drones that were shot down in the conflict. On both sides.

View attachment 956955

Edit: Interesting thing is,the LNA lost some Chinese Wing Loong II drones and the Italians and Americans lost an MQ-9 each.
Idk about Americans but the Italians supported the GNA at that time.

The thing is, at the onset of this war, Ukraine pretty much have no choice but to use TB2 as major attack role in this war, because they are facing a numerical inferiority to Russian equipment, which make the TB2 extremely important to their offensive, the issue here is, Russia don't have much in a way to counter these, I mean they can't chase them down with fighter because Russia don't have Air Superiority, and they probably can't deal with it other than using expensive anti-air asset, which either they are unwilling or unable to counter them. That's when we see TB2 run wild. Problem is at this stage now, Russia aren't as active as they were back in 2022, there aren't many target for Ukraine to shoot unlike in 2022, and that is across all the platform, not just TB2 or even drone in general. Second is Russia is getting smarter on counter drone technique, on the other hand, Ukraine has more weapon in their arsenal than just TB2 that can make a different, which is why TB2 were taking a backseat during the beginning of 2023.

That's what I stated from what I saw. Only a handful of these drones were shot down.

Same thing for the Iranian drones. The Ukrainians could only hit a few of them. That's why both Turkish & Iranian drones were a success in this war and both sides used them.

That's what I stated from what I saw. Only a handful of these drones were shot down.

Same thing for the Iranian drones. The Ukrainians could only hit a few of them. That's why both Turkish & Iranian drones were a success in this war and both sides used them.
There were a lot of Iranian drones shot down,but the Russians have thousands of them. Literally thousands. They bought more than 2,000 of one type alone I think.

if TB2 is superweapon why everywhere its used, they lose?
the GNA use tb2 and they lose most of Libya to LNA who control all the oil fields and money

What a loser troll team with full of lies

LNA almost took Msrata and Tripoli from GNA
but Turkiye gave TB-2 UCAVs to GNA ... and GNA kicked LNA , WAGNER out of Msrata , Alwatiya and Tripoli

and GNA control Central Bank and oil money

TB-2 UCAV is game changer in Libya , Syria and Karabakh

What the heck does it matter now? The war is over. Lol,what are you even talking about?

what a troll
if the war is over then why are you dreaming about Super Toscona or L-139 for Armenia ? lol

Last edited:

If you mean by "success" is those drones had done what they were supposed to do when they are needed to, then yes, they are a success. As I explained, drone like TB2 is not supposed to do direct attack, drone like this is supposed to do priority target, that's why they have a very low payload, and each trip you send out means there is a chance they are not coming back, now whether Russia can shoot them down is another matter, but that risk should be mitigated in war by using less expensive munition.

Shahed-136 is not a tactical drone, you can only program it to fly to a pre-determined target, which mean you can only use it to hit hard target, which mean they have minimal battlefield value on them, if by success you mean they are being used to terrorise the population like swamping strategic target like Power Station, Government Headquarters, Hospital and so on which most likely will involve civilian casualty, then yes, they are a success on that front.

Shahed-136 is not a tactical drone, you can only program it to fly to a pre-determined target, which mean you can only use it to hit hard target, which mean they have minimal battlefield value on them, if by success you mean they are being used to terrorise the population like swamping strategic target like Power Station, Government Headquarters, Hospital and so on which most likely will involve civilian casualty, then yes, they are a success on that front.

Superb post :tup:

Shaded-136 is being used to terrorise the population like swamping strategic target like Power Station, Government Headquarters, Hospital and so on which most likely will involve civilian casualty

If you mean by "success" is those drones had done what they were supposed to do when they are needed to, then yes, they are a success. As I explained, drone like TB2 is not supposed to do direct attack, drone like this is supposed to do priority target, that's why they have a very low payload, and each trip you send out means there is a chance they are not coming back, now whether Russia can shoot them down is another matter, but that risk should be mitigated in war by using less expensive munition.

Which is why these drones cannot be compared as they stated. So no point in Turks & Iranians fighting over who's drone is better. However, if the Russian Federation has access to the TB2, they'd use it.

I think it's probably why India ordered it. To pass onto Putin's regime. And apparently both Tb2 and Iranian kamazi drones are back in the air.

Back
Top Bottom