What's new

Thailand gives 300 kg gold to Gaya's Mahabodhi temple

Even I don't support building a new expensive Temple especially by the govt. BUT, exactly how many poor can be helped by not building a temple or stopping funding to ISRO?......
I think 'ZERO'......what do you think?.....
who is stopping funds to isro??
i think isro's funds should be doubled

i am talking about religious places which is a shear waste...........no need for these 
If you think so then why don't you use your your own money and do what you preach......
Tell me honestly, how much charity work have you done in your life so far......have you donated a single rupee to the victims of Cyclone in Philippines?

The gold in this case, didn't came from the Thai govt. or the Indian govt., it came from the Thai Buddhists...i.e it is private property....and like no-one can tell you what you should do with your own property....you should not tell anyone else what they should do with their property....

there is no comparison man

govt money is generated through our taxes which we give for roads,sanitation,schools etc and not for building temples,mosques etc.

its public money dude 
u ask how many poor will be benefitted??

modi alone is making a statue for more than 2000 crore!!!

If you think so then why don't you use your your own money and do what you preach......
Tell me honestly, how much charity work have you done in your life so far......have you donated a single rupee to the victims of Cyclone in Philippines?

The gold in this case, didn't come from the Thai govt. or the Indian govt., it came from the Thai Buddhists...i.e it is private property....and like no-one can tell you what you should do with your own property....you should not tell anyone else what they should do with their property....

I have donated 100 dollars to Phillipines and if I wasn't a student and had a full time salary , I would have donated much more.

How did you donate exactly....

I study at a University in Canada and donated money to the Phillipines Student Association who are collecting aid to be sent home. Now if it will actually be sent there or be used to buy a dell alienware from futureshop is not my concern. I donated, my job is done

I don't understand this stupid obession of Hindus n Bhuddhist with Gold, the amount of gold we guys donate in temples would be sufficient to end poverty from the face of this world in 5 years....:hitwall:

I don't understand this stupid obession of Hindus n Bhuddhist with Gold, the amount of gold we guys donate in temples would be sufficient to end poverty from the face of this world in 5 years....:hitwall:

Wrong conclusion, Gold cannot end poverty.......it's like saying, why don't the govt. print enough money to end poverty.....

Wrong conclusion, Gold cannot end poverty.......it's like saying, why don't the govt. print enough money to end poverty.....

comeon dude u are way off!!

i agree with the above comment that its a foolish practice

............there is no comparison man

govt money is generated through our taxes which we give for roads,sanitation,schools etc and not for building temples,mosques etc.

its public money dude
u ask how many poor will be benefitted??

modi alone is making a statue for more than 2000 crore!!!

If you read my posts carefully, I have already stated that I don't support govt. spending on things like temples, statues etc.....but in this case, it is private money.....

what has temple got to do with ISRO....
who is stopping funds to isro??
i think isro's funds should be doubled

i am talking about religious places which is a shear waste...........no need for these

The logic used to denounce ISRO for whatever they do is SAME.....as if stopping ISRO funding would solve all the problem......

I m saying the ''Amount'' we invest Gold to donate in temples, could be used to put in much better places like Free ''Quality Education'' for poor, setting up new industries, infrastructure, etc. all that.

But no we guys r more interested in creating temples everyday while we don't even have a proper concrete road to reach that temple. :taz:

Last edited:
If you read my posts carefully, I have already stated that I don't support govt. spending on things like temples, statues etc.....but in this case, it is private money.....

The logic used to denounce ISRO for whatever they do is SAME.....as if stopping ISRO funding would solve all the problem......

nothing is private money(in case of modi statue)

in case of bihar mandir even it is private don't u think it better to improve sanitation with 500 crore rather than another mandir??

building mandir can't be compared to isro mission as we gain nothing out of it and there is no need to build more as millions already exist.
people are foolish in our country and need to think for themselves rather than gods(no offence)

I n saying the ''Amount'' we invest Gold to donate in temples, could be used to put in much better places like Free ''Quality Education'' for poor, setting up new industries, infrastructure, etc. all that.

But no we guys r more interested in creating temples everyday day while we don't even have a proper concrete road to reach that temple. :taz:

My point is, does that govt. NOT have enough fund to build that 'concrete road'?.....yes it does!
Is the 'temple fund' eating into the 'road fund'?....NO!
Then why the temple is getting built and not the road?......because of politics!
So your point, that the 'temple fund' could be used to build road is illogical.......

Secularism is sticking like a thorn in our throat.....
Ask a Pakistani, why they don't restore thousands of years old non-Muslim architectures, the'll say, 'we don't claim to be secular'.....how convenient...
are we competing with pakistan now. What about rest of countries in the world that is secular?
thorn on whose throat exactly? Its something to be proud of. If pakistan is not secular, its their loss.

My point is, does that govt. NOT have enough fund to build that 'concrete road'?.....yes it does!
Is the 'temple fund' eating into the 'road fund'?....NO!
Then why the temple is getting built and not the road?......because of politics!
So your point, that the 'temple fund' could be used to build road is illogical.....

Who the hell told u that Govt. has enough funds???

If the govt. has enough funds for building roads then why r they giving contracts on BOT bases n why the hell r u paying toll taxes even for shitty second grade roads...:hitwall:

Do u even about the amount of revenue deficit in Annual Govt. Budget India is running every year???

Why we still have one of the highest ''Single Lane'' Highway network in world???

Why r we fighting everyday to cover up CAD????

Give me a break man n stop making castles outta thin air.:taz:

are we competing with pakistan now. What about rest of countries in the world that is secular?
thorn on whose throat exactly? Its something to be proud of. If pakistan is not secular, its their loss.

There is an universal LAW.....and it's a very basic one......."To every action there is an equal an opposite reaction".....some guy named Newton said that.....
If you think that the extremists have the right to do anything just because they claim to be extremists....then I think you're not being logical.

Bcoz we think that blaming Govt. n Politics for ever nut n bolt is gonna relieve us from all our miseries while we ourselves don't even have to raise a finger.

I mean i see people cry every year Govt. isn't doing anything, Govt. Is corrupt n all shit they can think off but when it comes to elections, ''Mere Papa ne bola hai vote Congress to dena'', ''Mere Dada ne bola hai vote to BJP ko hi dena''.:taz:

We can go against our family wish to buy a 1lakh rupee bike but won't even try to vote on our own thinking, let alone reason with our families.

N even if every Govt. Official is corrupt, what the hell have we done ourselves for the sake our nation, our society we live in, we never bother to Question....

Back
Top Bottom