What's new

Thailand gives 300 kg gold to Gaya's Mahabodhi temple

what is the point of wasting gold in all these religious places.I mean the antiques should be preserved,but why stacking up more and more wealth to these places.Indian govt should take that gold in exchange for equivalent amount of rupee(about 900crore),& this money should be utilized for developing infrastructure near the temple(Bihar).moreover Buddha taught abstinence and humility,& why the hell did he want 300 kg of fcking gold..

what is the point of wasting gold in all these religious places.I mean the antiques should be preserved,but why stacking up more and more wealth to these places.Indian govt should take that gold in exchange for equivalent amount of rupee(about 900crore),& this money should be utilized for developing infrastructure near the temple(Bihar).moreover Buddha taught abstinence and humility,& why the hell did he want 300 kg of fcking gold..
That is not indian governments gold to be taken in the first place, it was donated by buddhist devotees of thailand and the article says even the people who donated the gold were present there to view the gold plating work being done on that temple.What is the point of India buying the same gold for 900 crore?does it make any sense when they are covering a temple in india with gold for free? you are asking to buy gold as per international rates, that india can buy anytime from all over the world.
so, if they want to cover their holy site with gold from their own earned money what is your problem? they are not asking you to part with your wealth , instead they are doing the work for India being a different country.

Buddha is in your heart, golden Buddha statue just a symbolic without any real power to actually help out human being.

That is not indian governments gold to be taken in the first place, it was donated by buddhist devotees of thailand and the article says even the people who donated the gold were present there to view the gold plating work being done on that temple.What is the point of India buying the same gold for 900 crore?does it make any sense when they are covering a temple in india with gold for free? you are asking to buy gold as per international rates, that india can buy anytime from all over the world
i was merely suggesting not to waste that much wealth.it would've been of greater utility if it were diverted to more useful purposes.anyway their money,their wish!

so, if they want to cover their holy site with gold from their own earned money what is your problem? they are not asking you to part with your wealth , instead they are doing the work for India being a different country..
by that same logic,you will be obliged to accept western/saudi funded missionary/conversion works...

by that same logic,you will be obliged to accept western/saudi funded missionary/conversion works...
Saudi and Vatican are more than Welcome to build Mosques and Churches in India that can attract Muslims/Christians from around the world.

They can start by helping restoring the current ones like the Thai and other Eastern Asian countries are doing.

...by that same logic,you will be obliged to accept western/saudi funded missionary/conversion works...

What bizarre logic....who's getting converted here?

If the Saudis want to cover a Mosque in India with gold or the Christians want to cover their Church with Gold.......we shouldn't have any problem either......

We Dharmic cultural Countries like India, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka should unite against the religious Extremism brought by Abrahamic Faiths... they are the real colonialist ... We together have more then half the world population ...

We may fight over our borders but not on our Culture and religion like them... on that Issue every Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh and Jain would stand together shoulder to shoulder ...

Ehhh..............:D

you do realize that the Gold is not from the Indian government nor Indian people, so Indians do not have a say where this gold should be going to. It was donated by Thai Buddhists for the purpose of a temple in India! if anyone has objections to how or where this gold is being spent, they can also take money out of their own bank account and spend it how ever they feel it should be spent. It is better to lead by example.

you do realize that the Gold is not from the Indian government nor Indian people, so Indians do not have a say where this gold should be going to. It was donated by Thai Buddhists for the purpose of a temple in India! if anyone has objections to how or where this gold is being spent, they can also take money out of their own bank account and spend it how ever they feel it should be spent. It is better to lead by example.
my comment was rather a humble suggestion,not to let that much wealth go waste..

btw,do you think that,it would be any beneficial to Buddhism, if bodh gaya's dome were covered in gold??
IMHO,this deed is quite a contradiction to what Lord Buddha had preached...

I was going to say the same. Do we really need Buddhist temple to be gold plated. Is it not against teachings of buddha?
Be thankful that the temple is not Tirupati and doner is not Janardan reddy

Haii,

Yes, we never fought in the name of religion cause what ever we had, we shared it with each other ... we always said God is one, all religion are same, all religion are correct etc. But what Stupid Abhrahamic religion say is that only our religion is true, only our god is right, u worship Stones, u worship devils,u worship Human gods bla bla bla etc etc...

which is not very common among our culture and religion... Tolerance can only be preached to people who understand its superiority and not to some one who takes it as weakness... the religious hatred and religious madness that is today unleashed upon the world is from the Abrahamic religion... Christians convert 10 then we muslims will convert 20... we give u food, u surrender ur Faith, We give u education, inreturn u pray to our God...

Its not the Hindu, Buddhist who say using condoms, Abortion or sterilization is against our religion... in every other country these minority Abharamic religious community is in a state of war with the majority or in state of war with each other... Tell me how many Hindus and Buddhist are asking for Hindu or Buddhist religious laws in western countries or which ever country where they are a minority...

And I didnt ask to Kill the people of Abharamic religion... i am merely asking to stand against their religious extremism ... All Hindus get united doesn't necessarily means getting united to fight against Abharamic religion... Ya its does means we People of Dharmic religion should be ready to defend our religion and culture their aggression... 

I dont Think parsis like converting people and demand Parsi law in our country... and Parsis are pagans and dont belong to Abharamic religion...
no , I said parsi because you said we have hinddu, buddh, jain and Sikhs to join hands.. so I said you forgot parsis

We Dharmic cultural Countries like India, China, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka should unite against the religious Extremism brought by Abrahamic Faiths... they are the real colonialist ... We together have more then half the world population ...

Dude you off all people shouldnt talk abt extremism.... u openly encourage violence against non hindus... heck u even posted disgusting,violent videos of your kind @@@6544 ... muslims etc in india..

We may fight over our borders but not on our Culture and religion like them... on that Issue every Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh and Jain would stand together shoulder to shoulder ... we never fought in the name of religion ever in history ...

Gujrat,Orissa,muzafarnagar etc... ? or perhaps read your scriptures showing Hindu Lords at war etc...for example... slaying the pandwas etc

Last edited:
Gujrat,Orissa,muzafarnagar etc... ? or perhaps read your scriptures showing Hindu Lords at war etc...for example... slaying the pandwas etc

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :rofl: :omghaha:

LoL who slayed the Pandavas ??? :woot: :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom