What's new

Thailand gives 300 kg gold to Gaya's Mahabodhi temple

there is no point wasting gold in temples,mosques,gurudwaras etc

use this to help ppl who really need something,,god has got enough gold to care for this.
I was going to say the same. Do we really need Buddhist temple to be gold plated. Is it not against teachings of buddha?

I was going to say the same. Do we really need Buddhist temple to be gold plated. Is it not against teachings of buddha?

definitely.there is madness among ppl nowadays

1)modi is constructing a statue at cost of 2000 crores(as much as i like modi,,this is madness)
2)nitsh kumar is making a temple for 500 crore(comeon,,bihar is already in doldrums)
3)in punjab cm sukhbir badal is making a temple for 100 crore(foolishness)

definitely.there is madness among ppl nowadays

1)modi is constructing a statue at cost of 2000 crores(as much as i like modi,,this is madness)
2)nitsh kumar is making a temple for 500 crore(comeon,,bihar is already in doldrums)
3)in punjab cm sukhbir badal is making a temple for 100 crore(foolishness)
how the hell can a govt build a temple. This should be illegal. :hitwall:

When you consider the lakhs of crores stashed in foreign banks.....these spendings seem meager...
Anyway, the gold is sponsored by Thailand Buddhists not by Indian Govt......

Buddha would be laughing his *** off at this. Buddha , who preached abstinence and humility all his life obviously won't be impressed by 300 tons of gold. Using this gold to help people in Phillipines, Andhra Pradesh and providing education to poor kids would please Buddha much more.

because by spending crores on these temples will result in crores of pilgrims visiting these temple which in turn will generate untold amounts of money to the local tourist industry.
Govt can promote tourism by building basic infrastructure in many places, even where thousands of tourist visit, infrastructure is bad. people generally go to old existing temples which are famous, not new shiny temples (as tourist, not locals)
Also what happened to secularism? Should not govt be building mosque, church and gurdwara too?

Secularism is sticking like a thorn in our throat.....
Ask a Pakistani, why they don't restore thousands of years old non-Muslim architectures, the'll say, 'we don't claim to be secular'.....how convenient...

Govt can promote tourism by building basic infrastructure in many places, even where thousands of tourist visit, infrastructure is bad. people generally go to old existing temples which are famous, not new shiny temples (as tourist, not locals)
Also what happened to secularism? Should not govt be building mosque, church and gurdwara too?

its fine man

i am afraid if govt reads ur comment it will start building a mosque,church and gurudwara too

lol

more loss

check the news man

disappointing totally,,,,cumulatively rs 2600 crore would have done so much

Even I don't support building a new expensive Temple especially by the govt. BUT, exactly how many poor can be helped by not building a temple or stopping funding to ISRO?......
I think 'ZERO'......what do you think?.....

Last edited:
great work.will visit it once it is completed.

fm8o.jpg

Even I don't support building a new expensive Temple buy exactly how many poor can be helped by not building a temple or stopping funding to ISRO?......
I think 'ZERO'......what do you think?.....
what has temple got to do with ISRO.
How many poor can be helped by not building massive statues of Mayawati? zero?
Every country prioritizes its expenditure, and tries to explain why the particular investment was needed.
Besides, why should govt build religious place for a specific religion.

Buddha would be laughing his *** off at this. Buddha , who preached abstinence and humility all his life obviously won't be impressed by 300 tons of gold. Using this gold to help people in Phillipines, Andhra Pradesh and providing education to poor kids would please Buddha much more.

If you think so then why don't you use your your own money and do what you preach......
Tell me honestly, how much charity work have you done in your life so far......have you donated a single rupee to the victims of cyclone in Philippines?

The gold in this case, didn't come from the Thai govt. or the Indian govt., it came from the Thai Buddhists...i.e it is private property....and like no-one can tell you what you should do with your own property....you should not tell anyone else what they should do with their property....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom