What's new

TAI chose it's partner on TF-X Project

The feasibility and concept definition phase is underway but local defence media reports that it is going to be air defence / interceptor focused aircraft to supplement F-35 which means It will be developed to operate along with the F-35 in the future and will be replaced with the F-4s and aged F-16s..We need another 5th Generation to supplement F-35s by +2020s

But of course, the result of feasibility is important..If, as you mentioned, the result of that feasibility is negative (due to high cost-tech insufficienty-lack of effectiveness) we need to have a plan B

Thanks mate, be realistic it will cost you triple high prices. F-35 maintenance, supply parts, training are expensive along now with another TF-X project, however it is good to have plan B just in case.

Unfortunately the disappointing was its favorite partner South Korea and Indonesia are moving ahead to process KF-X/IF-X which Indonesia accepted 20% partnership shares.

I think, Turkey is working hard to be involved in manufacturing process which is difficult. Many European countries are carefully to analyst to purchase F-35, some of them cut half. Turkey didn't change their mind to stick with 100 F-35 ($16 billions).

Bayar said Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) could play a greater role in the program in such a way that would help reduce the cost. “As a program partner, TAI will complete 400 airplane central fuselages - the core structure around which the F-35 aircraft is built. TAI will get 4 billion dollars for the job. The investment has already been made. TAI could complete the central fuselage for 624 airplanes with no extra investment cost. It means that the process of the remaining airplanes’ central fuselage will cost $2 billion. Doing the job in Turkey could save $3.5 billion, since prices are higher in the U.S. and lower in Turkey,” a source said, on condition of anonymity.
ECONOMICS - Turkey proposes cost-cutting measure to US on F-35 project

I expect a huge aircraft with twin PW F136s or TEI built indigenous engines. I think TAI will get some serious help from SAAB on design process. Avionics will be made by aselsan there is no doubt about that. And i expect all American Turkish and Swedish weapons to be available on the plane.

As we all know F35 doesn't have great technical attributes like weapons capacity, range and speed. So it is expected from modern Turkish jet to fill these gaps. I expect an aircraft that is good at both air-superiority and attack roles with good payload and super-cruise ability.

It will take looong time , I hope it will be worth that :)

I dont get it yet, So the design show on the first page is the design for our TF-X Project? From what i know is that TAI is designing a own design for the fighter jet and will not use the swedish design.

I expect a huge aircraft with twin PW F136s or TEI built indigenous engines.
The article are saying the aircraft will double as a trainer, which means a tiny aircraft. At best, it is a Gripen T, just like the T-129 attack helicopter before.

Since Sweden is planning to spend $5 billion on 60 aircraft and is looking for an equal-stake partner, Turkey's burden would be $5 billion and 60 aircraft too.

What Korea offered was $1 billion in development contribution and a 50 units buy(price unknown) commitment in exchange for a 20% stake, later upgraded to 29%(And 75 units buy), but Turkey said no because they wanted 40%, and Korean government is now talking with British government and UAE for the remaining 20% stake. Maybe KFX was too much of an over kill for Turkish needs, as it is a much higher power aircraft with a phenomenal trust to weight ratio(Greater than 1.6 at full internal fuel and missile load) specifically designed to perform a hit and run on J-20 and Japanese F-35.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/stview.htm?idxno=2012053010000187672

2012053010000187672_1.jpg

c5kso.jpg

19m8af.jpg

As i said before i think we should go for KFX or joint develop with brazil , but we have good relations with South korea , we should have joined with SK and Indonesia

As i said before i think we should go for KFX or joint develop with brazil , but we have good relations with South korea , we should have joined with SK and Indonesia
But what's done is done and cannot be undone.

As long as Turkey insists on the 50% stake, the best Turkey can have is Gripen T.

@Korean Problem is, such an aircraft has no place in Turkish Air Force. F4 is a big aircraft and she'll be retired soon. So our plane must fill her shoes.

If everything goes as planned in both project differences between KFX and SAAB/TAI will be same as F-16 and Gripen...

If everything goes as planned in both project differences between KFX and SAAB/TAI will be same as F-16 and Gripen...

I can not find any official statement about choosing Saab instead of Korean firm! It seems both are options yet, or may be I am wrong.

mate stop acting like you are producing f-22 , i already said we should work with korea because we are good relations , we help korea alot in the korea war

As long as Turkey insists on the 50% stake, the best Turkey can have is Gripen T.

Personnaly i would go for the KF-X but only with ToT and Equal share. The only think Turkey requested was equal shares nothing else. But there is also several other reasons why we didnt whent for KF-X, Primarely because its a multi-role aircraft. Turkey is already ordering 116 F-35 multirole aircraft so there is no point joining KF-X. We require a Air superiorty fighter to suppelement the F-35.

And can you give me some specifications on the KF-X please, Still havent figured out what generation fighter it will be, Heard from several other Korean Forumers that it was a 4.5th or 5th.

Back
Top Bottom