What's new

TAI chose it's partner on TF-X Project

According to source, TAI bought the simulation software called FLAMES from Ternion institue and Turkish engineers trained for this software. This simulation software will be used for design process of T-X/FX fighter/trainer aircrafts. According to information given from Ternion, TAI is working a wellknown FLAMES software user institute, SAAB to design own stealth fighters.

After this design process, I think TAI will invite ally countries to join into development of F-X stealth fighter project.

According to source, TAI bought the simulation software called FLAMES from Ternion institue and Turkish engineers trained for this software. This simulation software will be used for design process of T-X/FX fighter/trainer aircrafts. According to information given from Ternion, TAI is working a wellknown FLAMES software user institute, SAAB to design own stealth fighters.

After this design process, I think TAI will invite ally countries to join into development of F-X stealth fighter project.

I think by then the conceptual design will be ready.

Ulan bu orko_8 nasıl adamsa. Senin aklına nereden geldi kıçı kırık bi simülasyon firmasının adresine bakmak, nasıl buldun ya?

Adam zeki.

Trans: orko_8 is a wise man.

You should not forget to re-design the engines. They should be embedded and thrust vectors . They also should cooled exhaust such as the F-22.

You should not forget the re-design the engines. They should be embedded and thrust vectors . They also should cooled exhaust such as the F-22.

Saab was buying its engines from GE of US and Turkey don't have any experience with engine. We might buy our engines from EU or GE but we could try to develop one for ourself. In 10-15 years we can maneged to develop decent engine for a fighter I hope but I don't know about vectoring... That is some hardcore stuff.

And about Raptor exhausts... They drain too much propulsion force. I don't think Turkey/Sweeden can develop an engine that ispowerful enough to withstand the exhausts power drain.

what's wrong with F-35?

The TF-X process must be halted immediately, US is not pleased with this news.

Very good choice as Saab need the $$ and have the experience you seek, I always had a soft spot for the Gripen.

Sweden has to buy US engines... So I guess TF-X will have a US engine? Maybe the same engine F-35 has?

I just realized that the fuselage is too small... I don't think they can have more range than Gripen 39 or even maybe less with the space lose because of its internal weapon systems.

You are a joke..Dont ruin a wonderful going thread with your nonsense BS and troll elsewhere

Well not joking. Do you know F-35 is also fifth generation, I couldn't comprehend which Turkey choose to decide, why wasting money on TF-X Project which normally take more than 15 years. For another KF-X project, Turkey refused to be partner with South Korea due to unequal partnership(which only 20% offering to Turkey).

BUSINESS - Turkey formally decides to buy US made F-35 fighter aircraft

Well not joking. Do you know F-35 is also fifth generation, I couldn't comprehend which Turkey choose to decide, why wasting money on TF-X Project which normally take more than 15 years. For another KF-X project, Turkey refused to be partner with South Korea due to unequal partnership(which only 20% offering to Turkey).

BUSINESS - Turkey formally decides to buy US made F-35 fighter aircraft

The feasibility and concept definition phase is underway but local defence media reports that it is going to be air defence / interceptor focused aircraft to supplement F-35 which means It will be developed to operate along with the F-35 in the future and will be replaced with the F-4s and aged F-16s..We need another 5th Generation to supplement F-35s by +2020s

But of course, the result of feasibility is important..If, as you mentioned, the result of that feasibility is negative (due to high cost-tech insufficienty-lack of effectiveness) we need to have a plan B

Looking at it even though this is just a sketch and at least 50% of it will change as Prototypes start to role out but I can't help but notice these things:

1-Engines appear to be a bit out of proportion which makes me wonder its Thrust/Weight ratio.
2- Canards are going to make it helluva a lot difficult for it to go totally stealth, Which is clearly a compromise of total stealth to maneuverability.
3-The weapon hard points and internal weapons bay are going to take its toll on the loiter time and as Turkey planning to induct the F-35 into its Air Force it seriously needs a jet with a good loiter time for CAS.

Back
Top Bottom