Reaction score
Country
Turkey
SOM'un menzili uzayacak

SOM Stand-Off Cruise Missile

-Tubitak Confirmed that 1500 KM tests will be conducted mid 2014
-Work for Land based SOM still continue
-Naval version of SOM also continue
- Work towards missile range improvement also created different missiles that is not known by public will be available within 5 years.
We had turning point in our works and its fruits will make us an important country in missile section.

Last edited:
Can anybody paste the specifications, like weight, guidance etc?

The SOM which reached 800 km are they equippt with foreign or indigenous Turbojet Engines ? As far I know the KALE Turbojet will be ready in 2016 !

It is said that Pakistan teach them how to built cruise missiles during Mush's era.

Here is a link about SOM:

SOM (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who taught this technology to pakistan...i think american tomahawks...

The SOM which reached 800 km are they equippt with foreign or indigenous Turbojet Engines ? As far I know the KALE Turbojet will be ready in 2016 !
Could you throw some light on the pakistan angle...

The proper language is probably Pakistan and Turkey collaborated on the project and shared knowledge. That by the way is just hypothesis and not confirmed at all since Turkey is fully capable of executing such projects on it's own.
the way @Basel put might hurt turkish...
No country with self respect would allow others to take credit when it comes to defence...
Can pakistan accept that china helped with their nuclear technology...

Yes, but Pakistani scientists, engineers & technicians were studding all available cruise missiles specially anti ship ones since 1991 Gulf war.

Pakistan have many standoff systems operational which are solely or co-developed by other countries which gives us edge over Turkey.

No country with self respect would allow others to take credit when it comes to defence...

It was not done intentionally and our Turkish bros know that Pakistanis won't try to insult them.

Yes, but Pakistani scientists, engineers & technicians were studding all available cruise missiles specially anti ship ones since 1991 Gulf war.

Pakistan have many standoff systems operational which are solely or co-developed by other countries which gives us edge over Turkey.
It might be true but tough to believe a NATO country needs your support...

Even US learned many thing from Germans after WW2 and as per that from whom you learn is your teacher, if China have taught us nuclear tech than they are our teachers. Also it is not insult of Turkey as they have taught many things to Pakistanis since our Independence and we are very thankful their support and love.

If any Turkish bro is hurt from my comments then I m sorry.

Last edited:
Even US learned many thing from Germans after WW2 and as per that from whom you learn is your teacher, if China have taught us nuclear teach than they are our teachers. Also it is not insult of Turkey as they have taught many things to Pakistanis since out Independence and we are very thankful their support and love.

If any Turkish bro is hurt from my comments then I m sorry.
chill bro
do you think your indian brother will insult you...:D

chill bro
do you think your indian brother will insult you...:D

Thx, but sane people from India should stop the type of language used on IDF and other Indian defense forums against Pakistanis and how they call Pakistanis as porkis / barkistanis, we don't use this type of language on PDF for Indians and Mods will also not tolerate this kind of language.

Back
Top Bottom