What's new

SOM 800KM Successfully Tested, Next Target 1500KM Mid 2014

I agree with @T-123456, but saying Pakistan single handedly 'taught' Turkey how to develop such weapon would be an insult for Turkish engineers and scientists who spent a long time developing this missile.

Many would say that people should be cautious when writing about 'stuff' they don't know as it decreases the credibility of the thread.

Can SOM integrate in a submarine?
I'm not sure but i think the term Stand-off missile (SOM) is usually used for air-launched weapons. SLCM or submarine launched cruise missile is what they call the navalised versions. Although the parent missile might be the same but the terms differ according to their intended use. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Great news for Turkey......
And if Pakistan has collaborated in this project at any level , that is a proud thing for us to help out our brother in any way......and Hope that Pak-Turkey defence collaboration thrives and become stronger and stronger.

Last edited:
cruise missile with 1500KM!!!!

What pakistan did here...
It' is great if pakistan helped
Don't know how much of this is true
Pakistani Ra'ad Air Launched Cruise Missile.

386792-RAADISPR-1338467794-259-640x480.jpg

Turkish SOM

attachment.php

Ra%2527ad+%2528above%2529+%2526+SOM+CALCMs.jpg

Ra'ad and SOM

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't know turkish either but i know it is something about a Regarding a secret Babur ToT deal between Pakistan and Turkey,
@T-123456 Correct me if i am wrong
Exactly,their are talking about secret projects regarding missile developement between both countries.
Its an old piece written in 2005 i believe ,there was a translation somewhere in one of the threads.

To reach 800km range,

The weight of SOM should be increased to around 1- 1,5 tonnes from original (600kg-650kg) in order to carry more fuel, more capable turbo-jet motor in addition to more powerfull thermal batteries which is able to provide power enough to make jet motor to burn longer.

Actually, To reach such ranges, Turbofan is more suitable and I don't think 1500km target will be reached with an ALCM but Land based VL SOM variant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom