What's new

Nirbhay cruise missile to be tested by next month finally

Makes a lot of sense.By the way sir,any idea what kind of DSMAC receiver is used in your Babur LACMs??
And has the Babur been made operational yet??

Babur is operational , Does not use DSMAC and instead relies on GPS/GLONASS/Beidou for target correction and a basic TFR.

Rightly said brother.But what was the need to tag them to this thread??You advised me not invite the troll,but now unknowingly you have ended up inviting four of them!!Tough luck huh??

By the way,where are you from brother??

Sorry bhai..I got enraged after reading comments of that TTA...I am from Kerala..

Maybe. But a DSMAC requires an optical window through which to correlate imagery. .. see one on babur?
Moreover,the purpose of DSMAC was to offset the lack of guidance systems via radio or sat link.
Here there is absolute coverage of all possible targets for the Babur by both the US GPS, GLONASS and Beidou.. the latter of which is always available even if the other two are not.
So why would babur have something that was made because GPS systems were not around and something that costs more money?

Babur has Tercom, i.e it has a memory bank that "expects" the altitude it is supposed to be getting and correlates that with radar alt and other systems. Back in the 70s and 80s.. 512kb was luxury.. today 128MB of high speed flash is standard. The Entire DEM(digital elevation model) of the subcontinent can be stored in less than 50MB. Which even offsets the old problem of having preplanned flightpaths or launch points for CMs. So why the need for something essentially outdated and unnecessary as DSMAC?

What is needed is target recognition for accurate attack and that is something that babur lacks but the H-2 and H-4 have.

Maybe. But a DSMAC requires an optical window through which to correlate imagery. .. see one on babur?
Never seen the underbelly of a flying Babur, the window might be covered for the static display missile.
Moreover,the purpose of DSMAC was to offset the lack of guidance systems via radio or sat link.
Here there is absolute coverage of all possible targets for the Babur by both the US GPS, GLONASS and Beidou.. the latter of which is always available even if the other two are not.
So why would babur have something that was made because GPS systems were not around and something that costs more money?
I do agree, but the GNSS was introduced on Babur much later. DSMAC was primarily to be used for way-point navigation and target verification. Isn't that TERCOM what you're referring to?
The cost difference is relatively small and quite affordable.
Babur has Tercom, i.e it has a memory bank that "expects" the altitude it is supposed to be getting and correlates that with radar alt and other systems. Back in the 70s and 80s.. 512kb was luxury.. today 128MB of high speed flash is standard. The Entire DEM(digital elevation model) of the subcontinent can be stored in less than 50MB. Which even offsets the old problem of having preplanned flightpaths or launch points for CMs.
Agreed.
So why the need for something essentially outdated and unnecessary as DSMAC?
For target recognition.
What is needed is target recognition for accurate attack and that is something that babur lacks but the H-2 and H-4 have.
Agreed but it is a strategic weapon for now, doesn't matters much.

I believe multiple navigation systems were used to increase redundancy.

Sushhhh You are contradicting senior moderator ...
I hope I didn't commit blasphemy. :unsure:

Never seen the underbelly of a flying Babur, the window might be covered for the static display missile.

I do agree, but the GNSS was introduced on Babur much later. DSMAC was primarily to be used for way-point navigation and target verification. Isn't that TERCOM what you're referring to?
The cost difference is relatively small and quite affordable.

Agreed.

For target recognition.

Agreed but it is a strategic weapon for now, doesn't matters much.

I believe multiple navigation systems were used to increase redundancy.

I hope I didn't commit blasphemy. :unsure:

DSMAC is Not Tgt Recognition. Yes, an imaging sensor can do BOTH DSMAC and tgt recognition. So what is needed is that.

GNSS was introduced not too late either, DSMAC was never in the babur. The first guidance was basic inertial, then couple with TERCOM and US GPS based guidance a little later.

DSMAC is Not Tgt Recognition. Yes, an imaging sensor can do BOTH DSMAC and tgt recognition. So what is needed is that.

GNSS was introduced not too late either, DSMAC was never in the babur. The first guidance was basic inertial, then couple with TERCOM and US GPS based guidance a little later.
Target recognition in the sense that a target area is identified with high accuracy, by comparing it with pre-fed images.

Sir you've got to be pretty sure about that, because an Islamabad-based engineering organization worked with the big guys on its development.

Target recognition in the sense that a target area is identified with high accuracy, by comparing it with pre-fed images.

Sir you've got to be pretty sure about that, because an Islamabad-based engineering organization worked with the big guys on its development.

Is the this organization on top of Sir Syed Memorial?

Can you,the 'TTA' or any other 4 'experts' (@Jf Thunder,@ArmchairPrivate,@DESERT FIGHTER,@rockstar08) who thanked this explain what is meant by this shit ?

We had failures,but we have overcome them,and has ICBMs,SLBMs,BMD systems,SAMs-which you cant develop.

Just because your establishments even calls failures as 'successes' (and mysterious 'daadu' falls on villagers) doesnt mean that you never had any failure .
It is better for you to research about a gigantic failure -'Pakistani space program' than a few failures of our missile program.

Posted in kind wrt to the non-sense usually blabbered here by your fellow Indian members. One of the many examples, check out the post #104.

No one would have posted that here,if you wouldn't have trolled here,right from post #4.

Any way,you didn't answer me.

I do not need to answer needless queries. If you have a problem, refer to the Mods or Admins.

Back
Top Bottom