What's new

India's ASTRA BVRAAM Successfully Testfired From IAF Flanker

Turobofan's usually are rated for peak power at a certain rpm, the engine used in Nirbhay is a derivative by NPO saturn/raduga okb with lower fuel curve, the challenge was to change the suction port manifold to increase volumetric efficiency of the system, with a smaller combustion chamber for the Nirbhay. This engine I suspect was re-engineered russian engine. So I guess both of you are partly correct.

In which field you work in dude??

20140504+Astra+Firing+Pic+1.jpg

BmypfeICIAA3zC5.jpg:large
image-767274.png
Congrats guys !!!

Looks awesome :enjoy:

So the rocket motor is developed by DRDO ???

I am a glorified mechanic

Come-on man,no kidding..........really,it seems like you are an engineer.Which field??And were you born in India or born and bred in US??Just curious......you know,I like to know about people.

Come-on man,no kidding..........really,it seems like you are an engineer.Which field??And were you born in India or born and bred in US??Just curious......you know,I like to know about people.

glorified mechanic would be an engineer only

since @Dillinger is confident that its home grown,lets not rush to a conclusion so early

And all u haters who want to kill me by shocking me.................u will not succeed:astagh::nono::disagree:
Paaji kiski ye majaal ke woh aap ko marna chahe:mad:!!Hum sab milke aap ki raksha karenge:p:

Can PTAE-7 fit Nirbhay? Thrust and speed in the range. Only size is unknown! !

M.S Mechanical, spec- non-linear structural design, I have dabbled in structural design and testing, Composites, data acq systems and high speed data automation, system balance modelling for centrifugal comps, Thermal systems etc... Now my hardcore engineering days are behind me and am the manager of testing and calibrations for a MNC.

Back
Top Bottom