and LOL @ the caption.

And who the heck flys them that high? :x

No fire...
Cant say its a shootdown for sure...
Can also b mechanical failure

World | Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:58pm BST
Related: WORLD, YEMEN
Two pilots killed when helicopter comes down on Saudi-Yemen border - coalition

n">Two pilots in the Saudi-led coalition were killed when their Apache helicopter came down on the border with Yemen on Friday, the coalition said.

In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency, the coalition said it was investigating the cause of the crash, which took place in Saudi Arabia's border province of Jizan.

Yemen's Saba news agency, run by the Houthi movement, said Houthi forces had shot down a Saudi Apache helicopter in Jizan.

The coalition named the two pilots as Ali Bin Mohammed Al Qarni and Nasser bin Mohammed Al Harthy.

Saudi Apache Helicopter Shot Down Over Yemen, Pilots Killed
Source : Our Bureau ~ Dated : Saturday, August 22, 2015 @ 10:26 AM

A Saudi Arabia’s Apache military helicopter crashed in the Jizan region on the border with Yemen while conducting airstrike against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

Whille a Saudi Arabian report said the chopper crashed, a Yemini report said it had been shot down. The two pilots have been identified as Ali Bin Mohammed al-Qarni and Nasser bin Mohammed al-Harthy,

The Apache helicopter went down late on Friday, various media reported today.

The helicopter was shot down by Houthis using a surface-to-air missile, A Houthi military representative said. Houthi forces also shelled Saudi Arabia’s southwestern Asir Region, he added.

Yemen has been overwhelmed in a military conflict between Shiite Houthi rebels, the country’s main opposition, and forces loyal Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is in exile in Saudi Arabia.

A coalition of Arab states, led by Saudi Arabia, has been launching airstrikes in Yemen at the request of Hadi since March in an attempt to push Houthis out of areas they have come to control.

The Apache originally started as the Model 77 developed by Hughes Helicopters for the United States Army's Advanced Attack Helicopter program to replace the AH-1 Cobra.

houthis and yemeni army shot it down, no mechanical failure.

I have reservations regarding shot down theory as not slight smoke or fire visible from heli.

Or could be anti aircraft fire of small caliber.........rendering the pilots incapacitated. You know, 1 in a 1000 chance type scenarios.

Or could be anti aircraft fire of small caliber.........rendering the pilots incapacitated. You know, 1 in a 1000 chance type scenarios.
May be but Apache would not be down easily by AA fire until its hits critical area ( and if it hit then fire or smoke generate)
Seems tail rotor failure to me.

May be but Apache would not be down easily by AA fire until its hits critical area ( and if it hit then fire or smoke generate)
Seems tail rotor failure to me.

That is why i said, pilots incapacitated. If pilots cannot control the heli, it will, naturally, crash.

You know, it is possible for a skilled sniper to take a long shot from high ground at the pilot while the heli is hovering.

That is why i said, pilots incapacitated. If pilots cannot control the heli, it will, naturally, crash.

You know, it is possible for a skilled sniper to take a long shot from high ground at the pilot while the heli is hovering.

Uh I don't think so man. That heli was too high.

No, if tail rotor fails then its not hand of Pilot as Helicopter go round & round & fell off on the ground.
Our ALH Dhruv crashed 2 time due to this later we rectified tail rotor design.
On Apache may be maintenance neglect or sheer bad luck.
As if any SAM or AA gun hit those then it would caught fire which not in this case.

typical insecure al-hasani posts. Uploading pics of geared up para-troopers of saudi family meant to impress? We've seen the awful performance of the border gaurds and even SANG on videos. Things will only deepen for the royals and other gulfies in general.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom