What's new

Religious procession stoned, tension in Lucknow

And what makes you thing it wasn't Hindus who started pelting stones try to expolite the situation to blame Islam or Muslims just like you are. Or you checked the identities of all involved in pelting and they were card carrying Muslims?

Street fights between Shias and Sunni's are becoming increasingly common especially in UP.

And more often than not, its the Sunni's who start this.

Street fights between Shias and Sunni's are becoming increasingly common especially in UP.

The Syrian civil war is fueling Shia Sunni tension worldwide.

Street fights between Shias and Sunnis are common everywhere. Indian Muslims are merely playing catch up with their distinguished brethren elsewhere.

Soon some sickularists will come & blame it on NaMo;) where is that Guy from Next Door??:coffee:

Dont understand why these people are fighting eachother?? Isnt this their holy month??:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The Syrian civil war is fueling Shia Sunni tension worldwide.

Did the Syrian War start more than 1300 years ago. That is how long this sectarian strife in Islam has existed.
And continued until now.

Or was it the Sunni-Shia divide that fueled the Syrian Civil war?

This schism between Sunnis and Shias goes back a long way. The Syrian Civil War was not even thought of then. However it may have led to it. It has always been a dispute over power, over control. Its the same now.

Nothing new for Lucknow , minor incidents occur every year during shia procession in the old city.

One thing i can't understand is why does the shia community have to abuse those revered by the sunnis. Its the main reason for tensions as far as i know.

no he meant, lucknow was relatively peaceful recently.. this current sectarian violence in ME has created fresh enemity between them in India...

Nothing new for Lucknow , minor incidents occur every year during shia procession in the old city.

One thing i can't understand is why does the shia community have to abuse those revered by the sunnis. Its the main reason for tensions as far as i know.

another one is sunnis take shia procession in their neighbourhood as a provokation... and shia procession are as colourful and provocative as it can be.. its not like they do a candle march.. lolz..

The only way I see out of it, religious institutions and seminaries be state controlled.

Better still, make them teach UP Board to mullahs and score 60% before teaching :D

No...Its no way related....But in Indian context and in my personal experience with Indian Muslim citizens....Shia people are very much progressed in society and also they are better in economical situation in India...

And what makes you thing it wasn't Hindus who started pelting stones try to expolite the situation to blame Islam or Muslims just like you are. Or you checked the identities of all involved in pelting and they were card carrying Muslims?

UP has a history of Shia -Sunni violence.It is half yearly occurance.

PS: I am originally from UP.

It is not only Shia-Sunni but every kind of communal violence that is rising under rule of SP. They want to start a sort of communal war to benefit their position.

A couple of months ago a mob attacked police station in Ghaziabad on rumors that quran has been desecrated.

Bhaiyyas are enjoying the fruits of secularism

Muslim yadav vote bank is indefeasible in UP. Last to last election, mulayam lost because muslim decided to vote for congerss.

No one else could do anything. UP is destined to become a province of Pakistan.

I am wondering, why stones and bricks ?

Don't they have access to modern firearms ?

I am wondering, why stones and bricks ?

Don't they have access to modern firearms ?

India has controlled firearms among civilians, rarely available. This is best decision, because it makes life of policemen way easier. At max their will be automatic pistols used, automatic guns are very rare (mostly illegal).

Back
Top Bottom